London Welsh bust.

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

London Welsh bust.

Post by BR »

P&R just doesn't work.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: London Welsh bust.

Post by Russ »

Yes. New players for us
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Kieran Murphy done deal
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

The only question is will London Welsh 2017 emerge from the ruins or will Tom Jones step in? >crazy1
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:The only question is will London Welsh 2017 emerge from the ruins or will Tom Jones step in? >crazy1
Scottish are the only team I can think of who have managed the rebirth to any significant degree, and that has been a very slow process.

On reflection, Richmond should be counted too, but I believe they are struggling this season.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:The only question is will London Welsh 2017 emerge from the ruins or will Tom Jones step in? >crazy1
Scottish are the only team I can think of who have managed the rebirth to any significant degree, and that has been a very slow process.

On reflection, Richmond should be counted too, but I believe they are struggling this season.
Not entirely accurate , also Jersey just sold off every asset they have to get a loan to keep the club afloat.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:

If I'm not mistaken London Welsh have had a previous rebirth, but hey ........... the old memory isn't what it was, could be wrong.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Post by The Boo Radleys »

What you have to remember is that within Richmond alone we have Richmond, London Scottish and London Welsh, all Championship teams, all in a borough of less than 200,000 inhabitants; three teams were never going to work.
The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

I believe that UR have been in contact with several LW players about moving to Kingspan, they declined, believing that London Welsh even in their present state was still a better option.... :stir:
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

The Boo Radleys wrote:What you have to remember is that within Richmond alone we have Richmond, London Scottish and London Welsh, all Championship teams, all in a borough of less than 200,000 inhabitants; three teams were never going to work.
Oh aye, I forgot Richmond was a such a difficult place to get to. Makes Jersey seem like nipping down the road.

In fact, I suspect if Welsh had stayed in Richmond, they wouldn't be in the mess they are today.
Last edited by BR on Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:

If I'm not mistaken London Welsh have had a previous rebirth, but hey ........... the old memory isn't what it was, could be wrong.
Don't remember, Baggy. I know they were financially fcked about 10 years ago, but they managed to stay alive at that time.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

The Boo Radleys wrote:What you have to remember is that within Richmond alone we have Richmond, London Scottish and London Welsh, all Championship teams, all in a borough of less than 200,000 inhabitants; three teams were never going to work.
... and Quins are just down the road, London Irish are looking to move into the new Brentford stadium less than 2 miles from Richmond and Ealing are only 5 miles away as well.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

It's not unusual ......
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Read the title of this thread and thought it was about something like THIS visiting London :shock:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Read the title of this thread and thought it was about something like THIS visiting London :shock:
You leave Dame Shirley alone ye galoot. National treasure so she is............