Dylan makes the headlines again

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Dylan makes the headlines again

Post by BaggyTrousers »

The eRFU painted Hartley as a reformed character, you'd imagine he had a rough spell as a young player but matured into a solid citizen. The truth?

He got 21 weeks in 2007 when he was charged with 3 eye gouging offences in the same match, two were proven. Thereafter he was not sanctioned again until 2012 and his rap sheet:

2012 x 2

So a lenient suspension for clearly a reformed character. :roll: And this on the same day as World Rugby tighten up the rules on high tackles. Pity it hadn't been on punches to the head.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Neill_M wrote:http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/opini ... 90959.html

Thoughts on the above article?
Jim likes to hear his own voice at times but in a way he has a point this time.
In my days at school and I'm sure Jim's as well a tackle was taking someone down around waist height or of you were brave enough to risk your teeth the ankles and as the laws of physics will tell anyone when you take a big lad low round the ankles he is going nowhere except face down on the deck
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

The game has definitely changed over the years and there are some fair points made, but the article is OTT. It references the Mark Best incident - Was that exemplified, brutally, in the appalling incident where Ballymena's Mark Best was lifted - off the ball too, it must be said - and 'spiked' head first into the ground in the recent All Ireland League match against Buccaneers?

The incident was not great looking, but he was not 'spiked' head first into the ground and was ok to play the following week for Ulster A.

On DH, a ban of around 12 weeks would have been probably closer to the mark, but never happening as he would miss the 6N.. :roll:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

You are right about tackling big lads Rooster I have the bridge, crowns and gaps to prove it. It was a big Ballymena country bumpkin. :lol:

Yes Jim is a bit OTT and his description of Mark Best being assaulted is rightly indignant but sadly inaccurate and a life ban even for Hartley and his 6 bans in the most recent 5 seasons would even make my eyes water,

About 3-6 months would have been about right, severe yes but correct on his record, but if course he got exactly what I and others predicted.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

A shocker from domestic Italian rugby - 3 year ban :shock:

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/lengthy ... n-referee/
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Neill_M wrote:A shocker from domestic Italian rugby - 3 year ban :shock:

Feck that wee lassie took some thump
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLbBhe7tU8M
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Maybe she was his wife. Husbands and wives are always falling out.

Mind you, in footie that would have been a "sine die" ban
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Neill_M wrote:A shocker from domestic Italian rugby - 3 year ban :shock:

Was it the refs first time even seeing a game of rugby? Shocking positional sense if not.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.