ULSTER JNRs

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Gerald the Mole
Warrior

ULSTER JNRs

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Ulster Juniors team to play Munster, Saturday 29th April at Randalstown RFC, kick-off 2.30pm:

(15-9): Philip Cartmill (Cooke), Robert Baloucoune (Enniskillen), Mikey Poskitt (Coleraine), Calum Irvine (CIYMS), Mitchell McComb (Grosvenor), Bokkie Carstens (Coleraine), Allen McCluggage (Grosvenor);
(1-8): Chris Nash (Captain, Coleraine), Alan Whitely (CIYMS), Gary Hume (Randalstown), Josh Christie (Coleraine), Michael Ferguson (Coleraine), Brian Hughes (Coleraine), Andy McKeen (Carrickfergus), Andrew Kelly (Grosvenor).

Replacements from: Adam McDonald (Dromore), Alan Ferguson (Enniskillen), David Greatorex (Coleraine), Toby Mannus (Cooke), Jason Gilliland (CIYMS), Matthew Cahoon (Grosvenor), Grant Bartley (Ballyclare), Martin Connolly (Randalstown), Ryan Garrett (Larne), David Scott (Instonians), Robert Smith (Ballyclare)
Hope picking so many from Q2 is not a sign of coaching immaturity and not stepping outside your comfort zone.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: ULSTER JNRs

Post by Russ »

Macca is a cracking prop

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Gotta say I was wrong, a good performance to what had to be the worse Jnr Munster team I have seen in years, they looked totally disinterested with no clue on what they were doing, I am sure the painted kerbstones and flags flying from lampposts give them a taste of Ulster culture.

Stand out performances from the Ulster 8, 9 and 14, only thing I thought was a fècking disgrace was the Ulster coach behind the posts, every time, Mumster got momentum and was threatening to get through the Ulster defence , started screaming at The top of his voice HEAD INJURY, HEAD INJURY! ,at no stage was there anyone on the ground during this or obvious signs of a clash, it was all about trying to get the ref to blow his whistle to break up the Munster attack, BTW, I saw him do this before in Q2 games, bad sportsmanship to say the least.

I know it's only a Junior game, but really, is Randalstown the best venue.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Name and shame him GTM
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

scrum5 wrote:Name and shame him GTM
Don't know the name.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

No problems Gerald, it was one of the following, Head Coach Richard Boyd or his assistants Robert Ford and Michael Ferguson
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

If that is true he should be getting a good boot up the hole by Ulster Branch and a touchline ban, head injury is not something to be messed with at any level.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Either of the first two I believe. I watched the Grosvenor Coleraine game in March and I heard the same crap, he had a baseball cap on, Ferguson I believe was playing yesterday so not him.
TheSnapper
Novice

Post by TheSnapper »

It's been mentioned before, poor form to be very honest.
Available for weddings May to August only
dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

Mentioned before about whom? reasonably big crowd at the game yesterday, didn't hear any of the head injury stuff. thought the Ulster side played well, Munster were poorly organised. Could've been a bigger score. Ford was on the sideline with the juniors subs , rather than behind the posts. Surely a better venue could be found for games like these?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

dublane wrote:Mentioned before about whom? reasonably big crowd at the game yesterday, didn't hear any of the head injury stuff. thought the Ulster side played well, Munster were poorly organised. Could've been a bigger score. Ford was on the sideline with the juniors subs , rather than behind the posts. Surely a better venue could be found for games like these?
Banbridge would have been a decent venue

Or Dromore

moyletra
Novice

Post by moyletra »

Deny Randalstown a few £ across their bar? Every junior club would have been able to bid for the fixture.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

Juniors won yesterday, 36-5 vs Connacht in Ballina, 2 tries for Hughes (Coleraine), 2 tries for Carstens (Coleraine), 1 try for Mckeen (Carrick)
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Juniors beat Leinster 34-15 today
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

feck i hate leinster