Munster 17/18

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Munster 17/18

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:POM doing a zebo
POMs agent playing contract negotiations silly buggers 101

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:POM doing a zebo
POMs agent playing contract negotiations silly buggers 101

+1

Although Zebo tried that:

Agent: he's going to France if you don't give him more than Sexto
Joe: ok bye
Agent: you don't mean that, you need him
Joe: sure
Agent: ok he'll take the same as Kearney
Joe: lol
Agent: f*** off you have no other left footers
Joe: *pulls out phone* Jacob you're in the AI squad
Agent: *imitates that stupid flick zebo did against Wales that time ten years ago* can he do that??
Joe: ok we're done
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

A bakebooker raised an interesting idea. Throw all the Piutau money at pom and see what happens (not like the crystal maze but offer him a contract). Should we be at least talking to him.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:A bakebooker raised an interesting idea. Throw all the Piutau money at pom and see what happens (not like the crystal maze but offer him a contract). Should we be at least talking to him.
Can't do that unless Munster say they don't want him or he says he wants to move away from them though as provinces not allowed to try and poach players.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rooster wrote:
Dave wrote:A bakebooker raised an interesting idea. Throw all the Piutau money at pom and see what happens (not like the crystal maze but offer him a contract). Should we be at least talking to him.
Can't do that unless Munster say they don't want him or he says he wants to move away from them though as provinces not allowed to try and poach players.
He wants to leave
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

He's on a central

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Could be an interesting option for international players. Still play for Ireland and have big money deal.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:He's on a central

Which means province can't negotiate
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:He's on a central

Which means province can't negotiate
It's getting very predictable. We have seen a lot of Munster players do this now.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Addressing the past clatter of posts.

POM does not want to leave, he wants to stay but not at the money offered.

(from the horse's mouth)

Stander is up for grabs too, he is not on a central contract, Heaslip has that contract and will have a wee gurn if that isn't renewed.

Hendy is leaving Ulster. :stir:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Hendo going with CP
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

POM is in a strong position for a better central contract. They are already letting zebo go and combined with pretty Rob getting an extension there would be marches on d4 from cork and Shannon if POM didn't get one.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

jean valjean wrote:POM is in a strong position for a better central contract. They are already letting zebo go and combined with pretty Rob getting an extension there would be marches on d4 from cork and Shannon if POM didn't get one.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
More or less true, but the real question is, does the FIRFU have sufficient resources to keep the players they’d clearly want to. POM of course is seen as a likely captain after Rory, they will probably have to come to the table.

Heaslip on the other hand is now 33 and having previously been unbreakable, appears ballixed.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Irish rugby is financially unsustainable if all the centrally contracted players want so called 'market value'. The Lions experience has probably left some players comparing their pay packet with others. Irish rugby will not be able to pay everyone Janny type figures. Even though a player like POM would deserve it. That being said I'm sure the FIRFU offer is derisery.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Well Zebo is getting 3 times what the IRFU offered him. The thing is as one of those individuals who knows POM's value to any team I would say he is in a different boat but I don't think the IRFU see it like that. We know they are a bit short-sighted when it comes to the provinces. IRFU see POM as a guy who they could do without at Ireland Level. Now that is as dumb as it comes but his omission from the team when Stander came on the scene is proof of that.

He simply cannot be done without for Munster(Or Ireland in my view) If he goes, I would see Murray go next and that is the end of Munster for the next few years at least. Simple as that. Munster will become Ulster very quickly and the IRFU will be left with one province to select their Ireland team from with a tiny handful from Ulster/Munster. So it will ultimately impact the IRFU's primary team.

One of the guys here yesterday said that in a few short years there will be 6 strong teams in France, 3 in England and Leinster. All the rest will be bit part teams at best. I have a feeling he may not be too far wrong.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.