Treviso v Toulon

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Aird
Squire

Treviso v Toulon

Post by Aird »

[*]English Media still pushing the line that the Italian teams in a pool makes it a soft touch.
With Toulon scraping through by a single point today this is shows Ulster's defeat their in the Pro14 in a different light and that Connor Oshea may just be making progress.
Can we swop him for our DOR.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Treviso v Toulon

Post by Russ »

Aird wrote:[*]English Media still pushing the line that the Italian teams in a pool makes it a soft touch.
With Toulon scraping through by a single point today this is shows Ulster's defeat their in the Pro14 in a different light and that Connor Oshea may just be making progress.
Can we swop him for our DOR.
We beat treviso this year away

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Zebre would crush Toulon.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Who would have thought that this game would have its own thread, be Aird you are saying what I was thinking that O'Shea is perhaps having a greater input in Italian Rugby than their previous foreign coaches.

I say perhaps, advisedly, for the good and sufficient reason, I don't really know either side of that equation, but if not then, it's a quite remarkable coincidence that both have started relatively well and certainly Treviso have been well in both games despite the scoreline last week.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Treviso could win the pro 14 and SDC. That will never change the fact that we played absolutely tom kite against them, especially in the second half.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

I heard that o'shea has been taking sessions at both clubs and has also brought the guy who set up the Irish academy system over to Italy as well. May be angling for Irish post after the world cup. O' shea - gibbes dream team??

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

jean valjean wrote:I heard that o'shea has been taking sessions at both clubs and has also brought the guy who set up the Irish academy system over to Italy as well. May be angling for Irish post after the world cup. O' shea - gibbes dream team??

Well, that just confirms what Aird & I were thinking. I was never a big fan of Conor as a player but he seems to know a thing or two.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

O'Shea to coach Ireland after the World Cup?
No way. McCall has the first call on the job after his Sarries' successes, if he wants it.
He's the top club coach in the Northern Hemisphere by a mile.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dublin4 wrote:O'Shea to coach Ireland after the World Cup?
No way. McCall has the first call on the job after his Sarries' successes, if he wants it.
He's the top club coach in the Northern Hemisphere by a mile.
Has he not very recently told nuciwank to feck aff?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Remain to be convinced that McCall can replicate the sarries effect at international level. It is a different game and he will need more than a wolf pack attitude to succeed, albeit sarries have added a more rounded game in recent seasons.