AP 17/18

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

AP 17/18

Post by Neill_M »

Channel 5 showing some free to air games in the near future:

Saracens v Harlequins – Sat 24 March (London Stadium - the Olympic one)
Bath Rugby v Leicester Tigers – Sat 7 April (Twickenham Stadium)
Leicester Tigers v Northampton Saints – Sat 14 April (Welford Road)
Gloucester Rugby v Bath Rugby – Sat 28 April (Kingsholm Stadium)

1st one this Sat is a 57k sell out apparently.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: AP 17/18

Post by Rooster »

Neill_M wrote:Channel 5 showing some free to air games in the near future:

Gone to search for a feck, doubt I will find one though.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Rooster wrote:

Gone to search for a feck, doubt I will find one though.
It's free rugby! :lol:
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Wouldn't waste the lecky, which costs money by the way, to watch that.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

mid ulster maestro wrote:Wouldn't waste the lecky, which costs money by the way, to watch that.
I'll give you a big here here on that
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

mid ulster maestro wrote:Wouldn't waste the lecky, which costs money by the way, to watch that.
Could coat you a TV with some of those matches.
Reminds me of at the height of the troubles a neighbour coming home late on night after a few beers too many, his brother was lying on the couch in front of the TV and as drunken brother was walking past window saw this guy with a gun popping his head up above the couch, he pulled his weapon and put five .38 rounds in the TV, brother required a trousers change and they certainly needed a new TV plus some plaster to fill the holes and a new window.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Think I'll rock up and get a free ticket
Cracking venue to watch rugby btw. Better than Wembley

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:

Think I'll rock up and get a free ticket
Cracking venue to watch rugby btw. Better than Wembley

Their attempt at beer sales during the RWC was abysmal though
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

12 April 2018

Premiership Rugby have confirmed they have agreed a “multi-year strategic business and marketing partnership” with insurance giant Gallagher.

The new partnership starts on July 1, and the competition will be known as Gallagher Premiership Rugby when it kicks off on 31 August, with naming rights, branding opportunities and local community programmes included in the agreement.

Neither party have yet to state the value of the deal nor when it is due to end.

Gallagher’s predecessor, Aviva were reported to be paying more than £5m per year for title rights beginning in 2010 and renewed twice (in 2014 and 2017).

Mark McCafferty, chief executive of Premiership Rugby, said: “The international expansion of Premiership Rugby has been accelerated in recent years and it is fitting that we are now partnering with a global company with an equally strong presence here in the UK. Gallagher will be an excellent partner for us in terms of the group’s ambition, focus on growth and shared values around both business and the community.”

“The last decade has seen major growth in Premiership Rugby's fan base and it is a huge credit to our clubs – and the way they have grown their businesses - that we can announce this new partnership today. We are very much looking forward to the first matches of Gallagher Premiership Rugby in September,” added McCafferty.

"We'd also like to express our sincere thanks and appreciation to Aviva for our eight-year partnership which is one of the longest running and most successful title partnerships in British sport."

“By uniting with this globally-known and fast growing franchise, we have a terrific opportunity to increase awareness about our company, values, expertise and services, and jointly participate in community projects and causes to make a difference. This dynamic business and marketing partnership with Premiership Rugby reflects who we are culturally and professionally. We’re looking forward to kicking-off the inaugural Gallagher Premiership Rugby season in late August,” said J. Patrick Gallagher, Jr., chairman, president and CEO of Gallagher.

“Gallagher Premiership Rugby will be another robust platform for our growing company across broking, risk management and consulting operations,” added Chris Mead CMO of Gallagher (pictured above right with Mark McCafferty). “Gallagher is larger and stronger than it has ever been in our 90-year history in terms of sector expertise and innovative solutions. Coming off of our recent brand refresh, now is the time to amplify our brand, showcase our client solutions and differentiate Gallagher in the global marketplace through partnerships like Premiership Rugby that have broad appeal and deep community connections.”
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Worcester Warriors have reported to Companies House that their pre-tax loss for last season (year end 30th June 2017) was £8.1m on despite increased revenue of almost £1m.

The Premiership club had reported a pre-tax profit for WRFC Trading Ltd of £14.3m the previous year due to shareholders writing off more than £20.4m of accumulated debt.

Warriors bought the freehold on the 50-acre Sixways site from the old Worcester Rugby Club, and have been reportedly valued at £26.7m. Former owner Cecil Duckworth is the club president and is listed as a director along with Bill Bolsover, Anthony Glossop, Greg Allen, John Crabtree and Gus Mackay- the managing director.
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Bath Rugby have reported a pre-tax loss of £0.8m (€0.92m) on annual revenue of £18.6m (€21.4m) for year ending 30th June 2017. Revenues have grown by 10% in the last year. In 2015-16 season Bath Rugby Ltd returned a £1.1m loss after tax on revenues of £16.9m.

The reported loss after tax of £2.5m accounts for investment in the West Stand, which increased the capacity at the Rec to 14,500 for the 2016/17 season.

Chief executive Tarquin McDonald said:

“The purpose of the club’s business performance is to support ongoing investment in our core rugby activities, and we remain committed to investing up to the salary cap. Whilst we have not delivered the performances or consistency that we and our supporters wish to see, we will continue to invest in our playing, coaching and performance structures as we work to address this.”
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Saracens lost more than their Champions Cup title in Dublin last weekend. They also lost their benefactor Johann Rupert. The South African billionaire’s company, Remgro announced its intention to sell its 50% stake in the club on Monday after a ten year period that has seen on-field success but mounting financial loss.

Saracens’ chairman and major shareholder, Nigel Wray immediately stepped in to dispel any concerns by agreeing to purchase Remgro shares and become the club’s 100% share owner once more.

During Remgro’s involvement at Saracens, the club experienced its most successful period, winning the English Premiership three times - 2011, 2015 and 2016 - as well as two European Champions Cup titles - 2016 and 2017.

The London club’s holding company, Premier Team Holdings Limited made a £2.7m loss last season on an improved £17.7m turnover. It has been estimated that Saracens has lost as much as £15m in the last four seasons.

Rupert is believed to be leaving having written off debts of £25m.

Rupert, rated by Forbes business magazine as the third wealthiest man in Africa with a net worth of $6.9bn (£4.89bn), claims his departure is largely because his 50% stake in Saracens is owned by a public company of which he is chairperson and a shareholder.

"Remgro is a public company," Rupert said.

"Is it therefore right to support a rugby club? One should not be using public shareholders' money for your own loves."

Nigel Wray commented:

“Remgro has been a fantastic shareholder in Saracens for the last nine years and, as shareholders do, they have decided to reduce their shareholding and I am very happy to say that I’ve decided to buy all their shares as I have huge faith and commitment to this club and everything it stands for.

"We have a great bunch of people, a great team and I like to believe that we are not just a rugby club, we are trying to stand for good things in the community; we are trying to build an extended, wider sense of family if you like, indeed in September we are opening the Saracens High School. This is exciting stuff and needs to be built on solid ground.

"If you believe you have something great, then you must build in succession and sustainability. We all want Saracens to be great for the next 100 years and it’s quite likely, some might indeed even say probable, that I won’t be here for the next 100 years, so in due course we need to bring in extra investment into the club from outside. At this point I should say I have never sold a share in Saracens and never intend to. New money will always go into the club to continue building it for better and better things.

"Club rugby in my view is going to expand hugely in the years ahead, so we are already speaking to people, good people, who wish to invest in the club and take it forward but there is no rush for the moment, as it is so important to find really good people who share our values. This is a great club I want it to remain precisely that.”

Wray is reportedly looking for investment to help fund a new £22m West Stand at Allianz Park to increase the capacity by 500 to 10,500 and provide sport and fitness facilities to generate more revenue.
Rory Best
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Rooster wrote:
12 April 2018

Premiership Rugby have confirmed they have agreed a “multi-year strategic business and marketing partnership” with insurance giant Gallagher.

The new partnership starts on July 1, and the competition will be known as Gallagher Premiership Rugby when it kicks off on 31 August, with naming rights, branding opportunities and local community programmes included in the agreement.

Neither party have yet to state the value of the deal nor when it is due to end.

Gallagher’s predecessor, Aviva were reported to be paying more than £5m per year for title rights beginning in 2010 and renewed twice (in 2014 and 2017).

Mark McCafferty, chief executive of Premiership Rugby, said: “The international expansion of Premiership Rugby has been accelerated in recent years and it is fitting that we are now partnering with a global company with an equally strong presence here in the UK. Gallagher will be an excellent partner for us in terms of the group’s ambition, focus on growth and shared values around both business and the community.”

“The last decade has seen major growth in Premiership Rugby's fan base and it is a huge credit to our clubs – and the way they have grown their businesses - that we can announce this new partnership today. We are very much looking forward to the first matches of Gallagher Premiership Rugby in September,” added McCafferty.

"We'd also like to express our sincere thanks and appreciation to Aviva for our eight-year partnership which is one of the longest running and most successful title partnerships in British sport."

“By uniting with this globally-known and fast growing franchise, we have a terrific opportunity to increase awareness about our company, values, expertise and services, and jointly participate in community projects and causes to make a difference. This dynamic business and marketing partnership with Premiership Rugby reflects who we are culturally and professionally. We’re looking forward to kicking-off the inaugural Gallagher Premiership Rugby season in late August,” said J. Patrick Gallagher, Jr., chairman, president and CEO of Gallagher.

“Gallagher Premiership Rugby will be another robust platform for our growing company across broking, risk management and consulting operations,” added Chris Mead CMO of Gallagher (pictured above right with Mark McCafferty). “Gallagher is larger and stronger than it has ever been in our 90-year history in terms of sector expertise and innovative solutions. Coming off of our recent brand refresh, now is the time to amplify our brand, showcase our client solutions and differentiate Gallagher in the global marketplace through partnerships like Premiership Rugby that have broad appeal and deep community connections.”
So the AP is now the GPImage
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Neill_M wrote:
Rooster wrote:
12 April 2018

So the AP is now the GPImage
GPR

Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Gallagher who? Global? Never heard of them!