Brive 2018/19

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Brive 2018/19

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote:Anybody translate this? Heureusement qu’Olding est au dessus du lot. On retiendra la victoire comme on dit hein !
Essentially, it means Paddy was at the bottom.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Fortunately, Olding is above the rest. We will remember the victory as we say huh

Google Translate is a great tool.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Next up for Brive is a home game v Angouleme on Sunday at 1:15pm UK time. 4th v 6th.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

https://www.cabrive-rugby.com/index.php ... qu-en-2020

The CA Brive is pleased to confirm the choice of Stuart Olding to continue his adventure in Brive land for the 2019/2020 season. After only a few months in Corrèze, Stuart wanted to activate his contract year regardless of the outcome of the current season.

With 6 starts for the first 6 days of the championship, he has naturally become a key player in the Brive team. Former Ulsterman and Irish international, Stuart had an immediate impact in Corrèze on the field and off. He progresses in French, goes to meet fans and sponsors and has offered to help with the training of young people on Monday evening.

Simon Gillham, President of CA Brive, comments on this announcement: "Stuart has been a unanimous player in the group since his arrival, both on his rugby qualities and on the human level. He has something Jonny Wilkinson because of his technicality and courage on the ground and by his kindness and humility in everyday life. He is a good example to follow. "

Stuart Olding expresses the reasons for his decision: "After 3 or 4 days spent in Brive, I already felt like home. There is a good group of friends, with very good players. I am quite impressed by the rugby practiced here and the level of requirement that I have seen. I was also impressed by the fans who know how to be heard. I received a really fantastic welcome and for all these reasons, I want to stay in Brive for next year. Thank you all and go CAB! "
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Hope we're at least talking to him

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:Hope we're at least talking to him

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
A CEO with some cojones and we might have...
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Jackie Brown wrote:Fortunately, Olding is above the rest. We will remember the victory as we say huh

Google Translate is a great tool.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
So are Browne, Logan, Spring and of course the usual suspects.

NEVER MOVE ON. REMEMBER 1960. FTP, CDM & BAR, EVERYONE'S A FRUIT AND NUTCASE.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Neill_M wrote:https://www.cabrive-rugby.com/index.php ... qu-en-2020

The CA Brive is pleased to confirm the choice of Stuart Olding to continue his adventure in Brive land for the 2019/2020 season. After only a few months in Corrèze, Stuart wanted to activate his contract year regardless of the outcome of the current season.

With 6 starts for the first 6 days of the championship, he has naturally become a key player in the Brive team. Former Ulsterman and Irish international, Stuart had an immediate impact in Corrèze on the field and off. He progresses in French, goes to meet fans and sponsors and has offered to help with the training of young people on Monday evening.

Simon Gillham, President of CA Brive, comments on this announcement: "Stuart has been a unanimous player in the group since his arrival, both on his rugby qualities and on the human level. He has something Jonny Wilkinson because of his technicality and courage on the ground and by his kindness and humility in everyday life. He is a good example to follow. "

Stuart Olding expresses the reasons for his decision: "After 3 or 4 days spent in Brive, I already felt like home. There is a good group of friends, with very good players. I am quite impressed by the rugby practiced here and the level of requirement that I have seen. I was also impressed by the fans who know how to be heard. I received a really fantastic welcome and for all these reasons, I want to stay in Brive for next year. Thank you all and go CAB! "
Of course, Wee Stu feels at home, he's with former European Cup winners who are at a lower ebb now. What's not to feel familiar with.

Good on him, much as I like the #bringthemhome shout, they never will if they have any wit, why would you, having been treated like filth? Go make their money and enjoy a country with a little more to commend it that this vile wee statelet, surrender monkeys notwithstanding.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
eeyore
Initiate

Post by eeyore »

Stuart Olding expresses the reasons for his decision: "After 3 or 4 days spent in Brive, I already felt like home. There is a good group of friends, with very good players. I am quite impressed by the rugby practiced here and the level of requirement that I have seen. I was also impressed by the fans who know how to be heard. I received a really fantastic welcome and for all these reasons, I want to stay in Brive for next year. Thank you all and go CAB! "[/quote]

His English has gone to sh1t though
Wooohooo!! Only donkey left on the board
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Interesting move by Brive, and greeted with delight by the fans on Twitter... Of course, French rugby being what it is, contract schmontract, and it may very well be that all this does is make him more expensive for someone to pick him up if Brive don't get promoted.

They seem to have started motoring though, so hopefully he'll be in the Top 14 next year with them!
..one more thing
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Stu sent off after 12 mins.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Still MOTM though....
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

You can't tackle high; you can't tackle low; once you do tackle you have to release and move away so quickly that the ball carrier just gets up again and runs on. Feckin stupid game.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk