Brive 2018/19

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Brive 2018/19

Post by Dave »

solidarity wrote:Many thanks Dave for keeping us up to date with what seems to have been a great game. How did you watch it? I'm new to live streaming sites so don't know which are trustworthy.
I watched it on Eurosport player. I had it on a weeks trial and I'm going to keep it. There is no commentry but at least it's in HD.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote:
My man of the match is no. 10, Stuart Olding.

What a surprise. :lol: :lol: :lol:
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

He deserved it. He is such an intelligent and classy player. Brive are a hardy team. Extremely forward orientated but they lack any real finese although Stu really helped them. They found it hard to exit their own half unless Stu came up with something or they won a pen.

I can't for the life of me understand why he was let go.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Hopefully the yr out finally healed his body, and that 2 yrs in FR won’t break him. Super player I hope if he wants to return the door is open in 2 seasons. I suppose Curtis is the replacement for development.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Well he really put his body on the line at times. His tackling was excellent. I had forgotten just how good his technique in the tackle can be.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

An away draw or win is pretty good in France
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote:He deserved it. He is such an intelligent and classy player. Brive are a hardy team. Extremely forward orientated but they lack any real finese although Stu really helped them. They found it hard to exit their own half unless Stu came up with something or they won a pen.

Not disputing he may have deserved it in this game. I didn't see the game, you did. However I suspect you'd have nominated him even if he had been a load of w-nk. :D

Now I would caution about not getting carried away. This is the second division. That being said only a clown would deny that Olding always had loads of potential. If this year helps him to get back on a forward track it is all good.....primarily for the lad himself. I suspect Dhaper is probably correct that the time out helped him. Can't forget he had regressed over the last year or so playing time at Ulster.....most likely due to injuries.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:
Dave wrote:He deserved it. He is such an intelligent and classy player. Brive are a hardy team. Extremely forward orientated but they lack any real finese although Stu really helped them. They found it hard to exit their own half unless Stu came up with something or they won a pen.

Not disputing he may have deserved it in this game. I didn't see the game, you did. However I suspect you'd have nominated him even if he had been a load of w-nk. :D

Now I would caution about not getting carried away. This is the second division. That being said only a clown would deny that Olding always had loads of potential. If this year helps him to get back on a forward track it is all good.....primarily for the lad himself. I suspect Dhaper is probably correct that the time out helped him. Can't forget he had regressed over the last year or so playing time at Ulster.....most likely due to injuries.
Well if he had been w#nk I would not have been able to cite examples of good play from him. Thanks for your caution. I appreciate that it is D2 so you would expect him to be a level above and he was. He didn't really get much ball in the second half. Brive are not a subtle team, it's a forward orientated game. They love the direct route and a bit of up the jumper stuff. A bit like Munster really.

Away to Biarritz is probably onr of the tougher challenges. I'm happy for Stu that he was able to find a decent performance. Many players regressed under Les Kiss. That is the reality.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote:Well if he had been w#nk I would not have been able to cite examples of good play from him.
Dave - In fairness I have seen discussions about players on here and elsewhere where players were a load of w@nk but it did not stop some folk imagining examples of good play. Some folk think that is part of a fan's role. I don't. However I'm not doubting your word. I am being a bit of an árse of course!

Good point about the Les Kiss time. Twas a bit toxic which certainly impacted many players. Good players in some cases reduced to looking like 2nd raters. We saw it in Munster in the not too distant past too and we saw it for Ireland towards the back-end of the EOS & DK time.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:
Dave wrote:Well if he had been w#nk I would not have been able to cite examples of good play from him.
Dave - In fairness I have seen discussions about players on here and elsewhere where players were a load of w@nk but it did not stop some folk imagining examples of good play. Some folk think that is part of a fan's role. I don't. However I'm not doubting your word. I am being a bit of an árse of course!

Good point about the Les Kiss time. Twas a bit toxic which certainly impacted many players. Good players in some cases reduced to looking like 2nd raters. We saw it in Munster in the not too distant past too and we saw it for Ireland towards the back-end of the EOS & DK time.
I suppose you're going to say we didn't have the best backline in Europe after all Image
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Nice one Dave. Tis tough when you realise Santa is not real. :D
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Just you go back to jerking it over wee joey and wasting the firfus money

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Really is a bosh merchant league. Brive YC was laughable.
Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Vote for the best player of the month of August Minitaux
To participate in the votes, you will now have to do it via the mobile application in the "games" section specially dedicated to contests.

Here are the 4 players in the running for the first reward of the season: Demba Bamba, Vivien Devisme, Guillaume Namy or Stuart Olding.