Munster 18/19

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Munster 18/19

Post by Shan »

Well now that was far more of a struggle than I would have liked. When our two genuine top class players are well below their normal standard we never look comfortable. In this game Murray was nowhere near even his low level and POM was clearly nowhere near fully match ready. Though to be fair to POM, as the warrior he is, he still performed as well as most players in his position but was not able to carry the rest of the backrow.

Murray should have been replaced at half time. TOD, as I have always said, is shy of this level. We are badly missing Cloete.

Limitations in this team have been shown but that is no surprise to me, though it may be for some Munster "fans".

What I will say is thank feck for Beirne for his necessary breakdown work and thank feck for wee Joey for his kicking ability under pressure. Without both we would have lost this game and possibly lost our place in the 1/4 finals.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Shan, have the good people of Munster ever thAnked the Brits for introducing the garrison sport of rugby to the community :duck:
It's a hard one to answer as I was not alive at the time the game was introduced but I haven't read of any accounts of such thanks from that time.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:
Shan, have the good people of Munster ever thAnked the Brits for introducing the garrison sport of rugby to the community :duck:
It's a hard one to answer as I was not alive at the time the game was introduced but I haven't read of any accounts of such thanks from that time.
Beating English at their own game is pretty satisfying.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote:
Shan wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:
Beating English at their own game is pretty satisfying.
After a bit of the other, it's the rest of the world's most popular pastime :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The turning point of the game was Exeter’s mistake at 7-6 ahead they went for the glory spot - penalty into the corner — mucked the line out -Two penalties later Munster on the Exeter Ten yard line — PoM goes for the con the ref penalty — leans back into the Exeter jumper and Brennan down on the turf — providing — Wee Joey -the hero kick at goal for Munster to 9-7 into the lead

Just pointing out how many lineout- lineout mails become penalty opportunities for Munster — just when Munster need them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Munster 10 lying on the ground holding his head after a suspected (non) tip tackle. His head made no contact with anything. Bad form.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

big mervyn wrote:Munster 10 lying on the ground holding his head after a suspected (non) tip tackle. His head made no contact with anything. Bad form.
Which one of their gaggle of 10s was it?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Jackie Brown wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Munster 10 lying on the ground holding his head after a suspected (non) tip tackle. His head made no contact with anything. Bad form.
Which one of their gaggle of 10s was it?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Bill Johnston
Big Neville Southall
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

https://www.the42.ie/ian-keatley-london ... =shortlink

Keatley joining the Not Nots on a short term deal as a medical joker for rest of season.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Well Munster beat a useless load of sh1te by a huge margin. A nothing game but the one positive is that they did not permit such a sorry rabble to score.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Tyler Bleyendaal has signed a new deal until June 2021. Must still have a big injury crisis at scrum half, Alby Mathewson staying until the end of the season >EW
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

I'm not convinced about the value of keeping Tyler. I suppose he could still realise his potential but I wouldn't be sure. Munster really should have gone after Jackson. IRFU would not have gone against us. :D

Mathewson was never going to go before the end of the season so nobody should be surprised.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

They re-signed Tyler cos they know he wont start the big games but is a big enough injury liability to get a joker in at any time. Got the smarts these boys.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

jean valjean wrote:They re-signed Tyler cos they know he wont start the big games but is a big enough injury liability to get a joker in at any time. Got the smarts these boys.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
He will soon be an Irish player
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best