Munster 18/19

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Munster 18/19

Post by Shan »

Well Munster lose a game they were expected to lose.

I don't think we played badly given our overall ability but we are just not good enough and I don't think Saracens were even at 100% today and they still beat us comfortably. Munster put everything into the first half trying to stop Saracens from opening up a big lead and they had f-ck all left for at least the last 20 minutes.

You could argue that JJ could have been on earlier and that the, in my opinion, extremely average(general statement) and hopeless(today) Haley should not have been there at all but it wouldn't have made much difference overall.

There were plenty of Saracens contenders for MOTM. Healey was probably always going to give it to Billy V once he was in the reckoning. To be honest he had a field day against us on the pitch and he definitely enjoyed giving one back to the Munster boo boys when he scored his try.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Saracens are a wonderful machine to watch when they steamroll the opposition.
But I can't get it out of my head that they have virtually no support.
At best, 4,000 fans traveled a 100 miles to support their team. It's like the pub with no beer.
Yet they have the financial resources to buy quality players and have a huge squad.
I am not sure this is the way I want rugby to go.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Oh no. I agree with Dublin 4. Is the end of world in the offing? :D

I see one Munster fan couldn't manage to stop himself coming onto the pitch after the game to have a go at Billy V. The silly boy has been detained in the stadium by officials.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

It is always really odd having the home support outsung by the visitors, but it was always going to happen today.

You hit the nail on head, D4. All we need is a Westie to agree and we've got a full house.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

solidarity wrote:It is always really odd having the home support outsung by the visitors, but it was always going to happen today.

You hit the nail on head, D4. All we need is a Westie to agree and we've got a full house.
Unlikely to get it. Westies on a Nordie forum are even rarer than Ulster folk on this forum these days with an interest in rugby not involving Ulster.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Shan wrote: Westies on a Nordie forum are even rarer than Ulster folk on this forum these days with an interest in rugby not involving Ulster.
Don't be stupid Shan - Ulster folk on this forum don't come on here to talk rugby, whether Ulster related or not.

Ulster folk (and others) mostly come on this forum to deride religion and politics, and those who engage in them. Tis the Ulster way.

Rugby has been a side issue on here for a long time. Even when it is discussed, it is to deride most things about Ulster Rugby anyway, and rail against other teams, particularly Leinster, Munster and Saracens.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Scarlets and Glasgow

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Shan wrote: Westies on a Nordie forum are even rarer than Ulster folk on this forum these days with an interest in rugby not involving Ulster.
Don't be stupid Shan - Ulster folk on this forum don't come on here to talk rugby, whether Ulster related or not.

Ulster folk (and others) mostly come on this forum to deride religion and politics, and those who engage in them. Tis the Ulster way.

Rugby has been a side issue on here for a long time. Even when it is discussed, it is to deride most things about Ulster Rugby anyway, and rail against other teams, particularly Leinster, Munster and Saracens.
We do retain a fondness for the Westies , even though they've beaten us twice.

... and for those who were missing a wee bit if schadenfreude yesterday, ar least the Lionels were knocked out of the Parker Pen, one of them by ASM, another team we don't hate :thumleft:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Although there is a scale of preference when it comes to games between teams other than Ulster and while the preference exists there is also the a willingness to gloat on the misery of losers especial if they fail to inflict defeat upon the detested.

Unfortunately Saracens have a group of players who apply McCall's game plan successfully -- quick two man tackle on the first receiver in defence and utilising their "heavies" as second phase carriers to suck in the back row defence before using the speed wide to score.

Munster don't have the second row at the moment to match Saracens' forwards and have never really possessed a fluid reliable attacking backline . Munster backlines exploit overlaps or mistakes by the opposition .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan, you could have at least put on some shoes...the bedroom slippers could have been a disaster if he decided to chase you ImageImage
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Full kit Wenker

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Ha ha Dave. The guy looks like a prize tw@t.

Billy V saying he was scared though is even more pathetic than an obvious fool running onto a pitch to point his finger at a big meanie. Ultimately in that pic you have 2 moronic twits but one of them has a right to be there.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Must be honest I'm not sure who out of Leinster and Saracens I want to win, pretty close not wanting either to win.
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

That was on the cards, can’t really rail at Munster too much for being beaten by a side like Sarries, but still they weren’t good - again it was their defence which kept them in touch (-ish), but once again they showed nothing in attack. Felix Jones seems like a nice bloke, but surely he’s in risk of the chop?? They have absolutely nothing off first phase, and fall out of shape so quickly.

Impressive numbers travelled - I thought it was funny hearing the excuses for Sarries fans, ‘hard to get trains up from London on a bank hol’, right so it’s easier from Cork or Limerick? But the constant booing of Billy V wasn’t very clever, way to create a siege mentality - and for fans who bleat on about the sanctity of silence during kicks, the constant catcalling during Sarries kicks was a poor show
..one more thing
Frank
Novice

Post by Frank »

The whole affair was a poor show.
From the attendance to the behaviour of swjs to the game as a spectacle.
Poor show and completely forgettable.
Real shame.