In fairness to Mike Brown...

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

In fairness to Mike Brown...

Post by Dave »

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: In fairness to Mike Brown...

Post by kingofthehill »

I’m definitely the only person on this forum who actually likes Brown, Ashton and ROG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

kingofthehill wrote:I’m definitely the only person on this forum who actually likes Brown, Ashton and ROG.

ROG I like. I might warm to Brown after this but Ashton? King how could you? ImageImage
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

What was the score at the time?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Exactly the pertinent question Merv, that was the second half and the match was in the beg. Further it wasn’t going to be given the Frogs were already going apeshit.

That said, fair play to him, I wish others would speak up when it’s bloody obvious it will be called and reviewed, so yeah, fair play but no great sporting gesture in reality,

Oh yeah... he’s still a bästård.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I too love ROG, the other two are gurriers.

KOTH I note you didn’t find room for Tuilagi Minor on you’re list, nor a single Vunipola.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

kingofthehill wrote:I’m definitely the only person on this forum who actually likes Brown, Ashton and ROG.

After hearing Marler talk about why he wanted to quit International rugby he seems to be a decent sort of bloke as well off the pitch.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

Rooster wrote:

After hearing Marler talk about why he wanted to quit International rugby he seems to be a decent sort of bloke as well off the pitch.
Yes, definitely altered my impression of the man.
It was funny him saying he'd find himself doing something even duller than usual in order to get banned and avoid touring.
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:

Rooster, I know you are a prince amongst men, always seeking the best in people, but the evidence against Mr Marler is very clear, he is an utter tosspot, he's "coloured in" (a sure sign) and he has done more stupid things on a rugby pitch than a very very stupid person, SmallMind for example, could manage in a lifetime. I hope he dies soon, Marler that is, though I'd shed very few tears should SmallMind get run over by an outsized pantechnicon.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Rooster wrote:

Rooster, I know you are a prince amongst men, always seeking the best in people, but the evidence against Mr Marler is very clear, he is an utter tosspot, he's "coloured in" (a sure sign) and he has done more stupid things on a rugby pitch than a very very stupid person, SmallMind for example, could manage in a lifetime. I hope he dies soon, Marler that is, though I'd shed very few tears should SmallMind get run over by an outsized pantechnicon.
He might well be a complete tosser but he is in the "possibly decent spud" category, you really need a face to face chat with some of these guys before you get a true picture of them. A lot turn into psychos on the pitch but are actually very decent guys off it. The Quinnell brothers are a good example, thugs with a shirt on when the whistle blows a bunch of big soft teddy bears.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Rooster wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Rooster wrote:

He might well be a complete tosser but he is in the "possibly decent spud" category, you really need a face to face chat with some of these guys before you get a true picture of them. A lot turn into psychos on the pitch but are actually very decent guys off it. The Quinnell brothers are a good example, thugs with a shirt on when the whistle blows a bunch of big soft teddy bears.
Very true Rooster. Scott Quinnell always took stick from opposition fans in brilliant spirit and was a gent aftyerwards. Brown on the other hand has shown the capacity to be a bellend when he has left the pitch.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Rooster wrote:

I'd agree with that Rooster, seems like a decent spud. The Rugby Pod cast with Andy Goode and Jim Hamilton is a good listen.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I’m not convinced that Brown deserves a knighthood for saving the TMO the bother of disallowing it.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Still an angry little man.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Rooster wrote:

I'd agree with that Rooster, seems like a decent spud. The Rugby Pod cast with Andy Goode and Jim Hamilton is a good listen.
Andrew Trimble has a new podcast/youtube with Barry Murphy (looks like Conor Murray with a nose ring :shock:).
Yes, that's me in the avatar!