Welsh rugby twitter LOLs

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Columbo
Squire

Welsh rugby twitter LOLs

Post by Columbo »

I don’t know if anyone on here follows the goings-on in Welsh rugby twitter - it’s pretty wild Image. An occasional thread to bring gems to a wider audience, starting with a modern classic:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
..one more thing
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Welsh rugby twitter LOLs

Post by Neill_M »

A few gems this week. Build up to the big game in Cardiff tomorrow - England wanting the roof open has sparked a reaction from some. Also England only travelling today to Cardiff and everyone saying they will be stuck in traffic for hours etc and there was the guy who used a twitter post about the Cheetahs lad getting the 13 week ban to have a go at the Pro 14 for not banning Hendo - said there was an Irish bias etc :lol:
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Reminds me of this...

Though by all accounts John never actually said it - it may even have been made up as a joke by Jasper Carrott. :lol:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Remember the Scarlets fans claimed they had the best backline in Europe.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Yes this week has been.... excitable!

Another one from the archive - for the uninitiated, on WRT the IRFU aren’t bumbling numpties who stumble into success or failure more or less randomly, they’re lavishly-funded, shadowy eminence grises, who work tirelessly behind the scenes to subvert all things rugby in favour of the Irish sides (and to do down the welsh into the bargain) - so when everyone else was enjoying Connacht starting like a train away to Leinster, Phil saw straight through the charade to the cunning game the IRFU were playing:

ImageImage

Then like any experienced conspiracy theorist, when things turned out to be the exact opposite of his prognosis, he effortlessly flipped it into an even bigger conspiracy!

..one more thing
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Doesn't look good for the Ospreys.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Columbo wrote:Yes this week has been.... excitable!

Another one from the archive - for the uninitiated, on WRT the IRFU aren’t bumbling numpties who stumble into success or failure more or less randomly, they’re lavishly-funded, shadowy eminence grises, who work tirelessly behind the scenes to subvert all things rugby in favour of the Irish sides (and to do down the welsh into the bargain) - so when everyone else was enjoying Connacht starting like a train away to Leinster, Phil saw straight through the charade to the cunning game the IRFU were playing:

ImageImage

Then like any experienced conspiracy theorist, when things turned out to be the exact opposite of his prognosis, he effortlessly flipped it into an even bigger conspiracy!

Phil has interesting thoughts on rugby. There are one or two like that in the Welsh rugby twitter scene.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Dave wrote:Doesn't look good for the Ospreys.
AC said after tonight’s game that the Ospreys will be around for next season.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Scarlets and Ospreys merger talks tomorrow.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shirley It's the Dragons who should be having talks with somebody...
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Dave wrote:Shirley It's the Dragons who should be having talks with somebody...
I think the Dragons is already fully under WRU ownership/control. One goal of this process is for the WRU to regain control over the regions and adopt a model closer the IRFU rather than the (e)RFU.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

There are many things wrong in welsh club rugby at the moment .

The game is somewhat more parochial than the Ireland Provinces of Old and followers even more tunneled visioned than a 5th generation Munster Supporter .

The Os are rumoured to be broke — there are those who desire a greater geographical spread of the Regions — and those who wish to remove the private ownership of the Clubs to enable a similar Central contract to that of IRFU which would in turn give the WRU greater control over their players .

The big bad wolf is of course TV financing of the English and French leagues and the fact of so many English Clubs so close by on the other side of the Severn .

The Welsh Clubs leak players and their supporters consider this is because they don’t have an English / Welsh League .

To some extent the idea has substance in that the Welsh would benefit from
The TV revenue and thus have a similar budget .

But the idea falls on the basis that English would never share the money with the Welsh at the expense of their own clubs.

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

The English are stuck in a rut over whether to do a closed shop on PRL never mind add the Welsh, only deal I ever see them doing is some sort of Championship amalgamation and that would get the Welsh straight back to their own Premiership being involved and drive down the 4 pro clubs even more
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Unbelievable meltdown ongoing on Welsh rugby twitter. ImageImage they are outdoing themselves in petty knicker-twisting

‘Play in our country, play in our conditions, by which I mean... er.. under a roof.. er.. to block our conditions out.. er.. if you see what I mean’

..one more thing
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »