PADDY JACKSON

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: PADDY JACKSON

Post by Russ »

TMHG wrote:
Dave wrote:A fourteen year old girl is not considered as having the capacity to make an informed decision on sexual consent. Any suggestion from you or anyone of a 'level of consent' is completely wrong. A 16 year old is a different story.

I'm out too. This is becoming progressively weirder.
Not in the ROI - 17 is the legal age of consent (Its 16 in the UK).
Under Section 3 of the Criminal Law (Sex Offences) Act 2006 as amended by Section 5 of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) (Amendment) Act 2007 it is a criminal offence to engage or attempt to engage in a sexual act with a child under 17 years of age. It is not a defence to show that the child consented to the sexual act. However, the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) Act 2017 recognises the reality of under age, consensual, peer relationships through the introduction of a ‘proximity of age’ defence. Under this provision, a person charged with an offence of engaging in a sexual act with a person between the ages of 15 and 17 years can use consent as a defence if the person charged is younger or is less than two years older. They must not be in authority over the child or be intimidatory or exploitative.

The consent of the Director of Public Prosecutions is required for any prosecution of a child under the age of 17 years for this offence. A girl under the age of 17 who has sexual intercourse may not be convicted of an offence on that ground alone.

It is an offence for a person in authority to engage or attempt to engage in a sexual act with a child under 18 years of age.
Please tell me you're not defending statutory rape

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Can 14yr olds consent?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
TMHG
Initiate

Post by TMHG »

No, I'm not and I don't know how you got that idea. Statutory rape occurs when an adult (legally in ROI 17+) has sex with a minor (someone under the age of 17 in ROI).
TMHG
Initiate

Post by TMHG »

Jackie Brown wrote:Can 14yr olds consent?

No.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

TMHG wrote:
Dave wrote:A fourteen year old girl is not considered as having the capacity to make an informed decision on sexual consent. Any suggestion from you or anyone of a 'level of consent' is completely wrong. A 16 year old is a different story.

I'm out too. This is becoming progressively weirder.
Not in the ROI - 17 is the legal age of consent (Its 16 in the UK).
Under Section 3 of the Criminal Law (Sex Offences) Act 2006 as amended by Section 5 of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) (Amendment) Act 2007 it is a criminal offence to engage or attempt to engage in a sexual act with a child under 17 years of age. It is not a defence to show that the child consented to the sexual act. However, the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) Act 2017 recognises the reality of under age, consensual, peer relationships through the introduction of a ‘proximity of age’ defence. Under this provision, a person charged with an offence of engaging in a sexual act with a person between the ages of 15 and 17 years can use consent as a defence if the person charged is younger or is less than two years older. They must not be in authority over the child or be intimidatory or exploitative.

The consent of the Director of Public Prosecutions is required for any prosecution of a child under the age of 17 years for this offence. A girl under the age of 17 who has sexual intercourse may not be convicted of an offence on that ground alone.

It is an offence for a person in authority to engage or attempt to engage in a sexual act with a child under 18 years of age.
Consent is irrelevant. No one, apart from you is suggesting consent. Not the complainant and not the accused, who pleaded GUILTY. At 16, he was well above the age of criminal responsibility. Stop making excuses for this. The victim impact states that she had suicidal thoughts and was prescribed antidepressants following this. It was a despicable crime in which a 14 year old girl was raped, defiled and abused on several different occasions.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

TMHG wrote:No, I'm not and I don't know how you got that idea. Statutory rape occurs when an adult (legally in ROI 17+) has sex with a minor (someone under the age of 17 in ROI).
Statutory rape is sexual intercourse with a minor

TMHG
Initiate

Post by TMHG »

Dave wrote:[Consent is irrelevant. No one, apart from you is suggesting consent. Not the complainant and not the accused, who pleaded GUILTY. At 16, he was well above the age of criminal responsibility. Stop making excuses for this. The victim impact states that she had suicidal thoughts and was prescribed antidepressants following this. It was a despicable crime in which a 14 year old girl was raped, defiled and abused on several different occasions.
I don't think he actually raped her - it was one of the others who defiled her and he is guilty of watching on. Because of the blackout on reporting on sexual cases in ROI, we don't actually know what happened, but from what he was charged with, I think his charge was attempted defilement or something like that.

I'm not making excuses. The law says that the age of consent is 17 in ROI. He was 16 (so also a minor at the time and within 2 years of the girls age) so was treated differently as to how an adult (17+) would have been dealt with.

The claim has been made that no one has complained about Akinade - but, although regarded as a very good footballer, he has had 3 different clubs in the last couple of years which suggests he might be too hot to handle.

https://www.change.org/p/waterford-foot ... zy-akinade
TMHG
Initiate

Post by TMHG »

Russ wrote:
TMHG wrote:No, I'm not and I don't know how you got that idea. Statutory rape occurs when an adult (legally in ROI 17+) has sex with a minor (someone under the age of 17 in ROI).

Yes. By an adult (someone who is 17+ in ROI - 16+ in NI/UK).
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

TMHG wrote:
Russ wrote:

Yes. By an adult (someone who is 17+ in ROI - 16+ in NI/UK).
That's not in the definition of statutory rape

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

TMHG wrote:
Dave wrote:[Consent is irrelevant. No one, apart from you is suggesting consent. Not the complainant and not the accused, who pleaded GUILTY. At 16, he was well above the age of criminal responsibility. Stop making excuses for this. The victim impact states that she had suicidal thoughts and was prescribed antidepressants following this. It was a despicable crime in which a 14 year old girl was raped, defiled and abused on several different occasions.
I don't think he actually raped her - it was one of the others who defiled her and he is guilty of watching on. Because of the blackout on reporting on sexual cases in ROI, we don't actually know what happened, but from what he was charged with, I think his charge was attempted defilement or something like that.

I'm not making excuses. The law says that the age of consent is 17 in ROI. He was 16 (so also a minor at the time and within 2 years of the girls age) so was treated differently as to how an adult (17+) would have been dealt with.

The claim has been made that no one has complained about Akinade - but, although regarded as a very good footballer, he has had 3 different clubs in the last couple of years which suggests he might be too hot to handle.

https://www.change.org/p/waterford-foot ... zy-akinade
The age of sexual consent has absolutely no relevance at all. I am baffled as to why you keep bringing it up. He was charged with criminal offences just because they are sexual crimes does not mean being close to her age is a mitigating factor. He was under 18 and I assume treated as a juvenile. According to reports he was charged with two counts of attempted defilement and one count of sexual assault.

The judge in the case seemingly felt that his future employment prospects would be bleak. The judge is probably as surprised as many others that he is playing in the league of Ireland without much issue.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Why should he have a problem - he’s one of their own .

Nobody wants to talk about One Direction after sex all their life .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Anyone with a times subscription want to advise on the content??

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/sham ... -83c72m78h

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Nothing new I'd imagine. Facts completely wrong and the mistruths embellished. It's a never ending punishment that some want inflicted. Falsely believing themselves to be well informed. Some folk just want them gone and out of sight. Just rant about text messages and lad culture. Progressive thinking is dead.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

The online petition has now reached a massive movement, they have 39 support in two weeks, London Irish should look at that and see that/no one really gives a fûck, well except for 39 whinging lads and lasses from guess where, mainly Cork and Dublin. Twitter has become a cesspit for all the worlds crazies who 10 years ago stood alone on street corners and community centres talking to an audience of 2 or three, now twitter connects them all, making them look like they have a large voice, nope just the same crazy fûckkwits that now can gather together on a keyboard and be a stain , it’s interesting to go read their posts , absolutely crackers. No real beliefs other than what another crazy spouts off.

Paddy, go well in LI son.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Any links to the petition?

Gonna Party Like It's 1999