PADDY JACKSON

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

User avatar
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11241
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Limerick

Re: PADDY JACKSON

Post by Shan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:00 am

Rooster wrote:
Joe Schmo wrote:Hope everyone ignores the Guinness next season. Murphys for me, I don't like it but at least it won't leave a bad taste in my mouth.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By the end of the season you will be a Murphys connoisseur, #metoo #murphys
Yeah nathin wrong with the auld langerade.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.

User avatar
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11007
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:15 pm
Location: Carrickfergus

Re: PADDY JACKSON

Post by Jackie Brown » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:15 am

In what way did Diageo sponsor them? I see no reference to their products on their shirts from last season.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 6393
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Re: PADDY JACKSON

Post by rumncoke » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:37 am

The Revenge Of the Ulster Fans could be

1 a video, on youtube, of a Large Group of Fans pouring Guiness on the ground under a banner stating " Don't Drink Guinness-- Guinness Victimese the "NoT Guilty "

2 Open a thread on every Rugby Club fan board with the same statement.

3 Put a Banner on the front of this message board with the same message

Smell the perfume Guinness

Sponsors have to realise spectators don't go a sport event because it is sponsored by them -- sponsors are the parasites of sport seeking financial benefit from their sponsorship due to the televising of the sport -- the players and the fans who watch the sport live or on television are what make the sport .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist

User avatar
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King
Posts: 3741
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 10:13 am

Re: PADDY JACKSON

Post by Joe Schmo » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:11 am

rumncoke wrote:The Revenge Of the Ulster Fans could be

1 a video, on youtube, of a Large Group of Fans pouring Guiness on the ground under a banner stating " Don't Drink Guinness-- Guinness Victimese the "NoT Guilty "

2 Open a thread on every Rugby Club fan board with the same statement.

3 Put a Banner on the front of this message board with the same message

Smell the perfume Guinness

Sponsors have to realise spectators don't go a sport event because it is sponsored by them -- sponsors are the parasites of sport seeking financial benefit from their sponsorship due to the televising of the sport -- the players and the fans who watch the sport live or on television are what make the sport .
what does that mean?…….anyone??

User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11304
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: PADDY JACKSON

Post by big mervyn » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:22 am

Joe Schmo wrote:
rumncoke wrote:The Revenge Of the Ulster Fans could be

1 a video, on youtube, of a Large Group of Fans pouring Guiness on the ground under a banner stating " Don't Drink Guinness-- Guinness Victimese the "NoT Guilty "

2 Open a thread on every Rugby Club fan board with the same statement.

3 Put a Banner on the front of this message board with the same message

Smell the perfume Guinness

Sponsors have to realise spectators don't go a sport event because it is sponsored by them -- sponsors are the parasites of sport seeking financial benefit from their sponsorship due to the televising of the sport -- the players and the fans who watch the sport live or on television are what make the sport .
what does that mean?…….anyone??
It's the new fragrance from Paddy Rabanne
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 6393
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Re: PADDY JACKSON

Post by rumncoke » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:46 am

If act like a S—t you smell like a s—t


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 6393
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Re: PADDY JACKSON

Post by rumncoke » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:59 am

Of course the Company is guilty of Corporate Abuse of Power since it is seeking Financial benefit by with drawing sponsorship from LI and the victimisation of Paddy Jackson.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 6393
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Re: PADDY JACKSON

Post by rumncoke » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:50 pm

They Diageo are also guilt of attempting bribe or blackmail an employer to commit a illegal act -- revoke the contract of an employee without due cause , since Paddy Jackson has not committed any act while employed by London Irish that would give them grounds to fire him.

Ulster Rugby and The IRFU had grounds to act because the private message of disrepute ( which was used in court to ruin his reputation) was sent while he was under contract to both .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist

User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11304
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: PADDY JACKSON

Post by big mervyn » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:26 pm

Jackie Brown wrote:In what way did Diageo sponsor them? I see no reference to their products on their shirts from last season.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
According to their fanboard, Guinness were their "beer partner" for their annual St Paddy's day game. :roll:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall

TopPoster
Initiate
Posts: 372
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:44 pm

Re: PADDY JACKSON

Post by TopPoster » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:12 pm

Ah so they looked for an excuse to bail out from a loss making sponsorship event. And like cash converters used Paddy as a scapegoat. Not that truly is immoral. Maybe LI should call them out and Cash Grabbers as not meeting the same standards of values and ethics of LI for vile opportunistic scapegoating and glad to be dissociated from them, and a statement about 2nd chances, enough is enough, lost so much already, time to move on.

TopPoster
Initiate
Posts: 372
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:44 pm

Re: PADDY JACKSON

Post by TopPoster » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:19 pm


richardt84
Novice
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:15 pm

Re: PADDY JACKSON

Post by richardt84 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:23 pm

Fergus Finlay is obviously a very naive individual, or maybe just wilfully ignorant if he truly believes the quote below...

‘I have never heard of the amounts of alcohol that were consumed by all parties that were involved that night," said Finlay.’


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 6393
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Re: PADDY JACKSON

Post by rumncoke » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:45 pm

Fergus Finlay is a self serving idiot the amount was taken over a period of 12 hours the body absorb and alcohol will be expelled at a set rate .

A persons state of intoxication is affected more by the rate at which is consumed rather than by the amount drunk steadily over a longer time period .

Thus people have died trying to drink a bottle of whiskey as if it was a bottle of beer .

The fact that a person has abused alcohol often leads them to treat it more carefully in the future and possibly provide the soundest advice about the need to respect the fact that alcohol is an addictive depressant.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist

User avatar
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 13656
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: PADDY JACKSON

Post by Cap'n Grumpy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:22 pm

Fergus Finlay wrote:"I think a decision to disassociate [Diageo] with anything to do with the events of that night is a correct decision."
Of course he will say that as Chairman of a campaign funded by Diageo, he's gonna agree with his paymasters.

The fact that makes him as big a hypocrite as them is neither here nor there. Sure it's alright for them to sell the stuff and encourage people to buy it and swig it, but hey, "we want nothing to do with the consequences of that".

"Give us yer money, but nuthin to do with us guv!" :roll:

Of course there is personal responsibility, but that doesn't preclude corporate responsibility by those making millions from it.

Sleazy hypocrites.
Sadly the days of people using proper English are went

User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 20271
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: PADDY JACKSON

Post by Dave » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:50 pm

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Fergus Finlay wrote:"I think a decision to disassociate [Diageo] with anything to do with the events of that night is a correct decision."
Of course he will say that as Chairman of a campaign funded by Diageo, he's gonna agree with his paymasters.

The fact that makes him as big a hypocrite as them is neither here nor there. Sure it's alright for them to sell the stuff and encourage people to buy it and swig it, but hey, "we want nothing to do with the consequences of that".

"Give us yer money, but nuthin to do with us guv!" :roll:

Of course there is personal responsibility, but that doesn't preclude corporate responsibility by those making millions from it.

Sleazy hypocrites.
The real irony is that Diageo may as well have sponsored the 'events' of that night.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?

Post Reply