Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

November 2018

S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30

Who is online

In total there are 17 users online :: 7 registered, 0 hidden and 10 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, big mervyn, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], jean valjean, Majestic-12 [Bot], SemrushBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 655721
Total topics 19101
Total members 2927
Our newest member Bullneck

Weemen's Rugby

Stuff from around the world.

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • 1 vote
  

Re: Weemen's Rugby

Postby Cockatrice » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:39 pm

One thing for me at least is the likelihood that if Ireland is indeed successful in getting the big boys cup how much we in Norn Iron may play 2nd or 3rd fiddle to elsewhere... putting 4 teams into a single hotel only shows the true lack of hotels with adequate facilities for teams never mind supporters... I was advised by a friend in the RFU that England likely Wales and Scotland and maybe even France will base at home and fly into matches.. other big teams may also centre in the UK with one or two down Mexico way.... little or nothing will be provided to rugby clubs infrastructure up North as likely none have the structure needed at that level with possible exception of a partnership including one of the universities.. only GAA will see real development and Kingsspan will need brought up to tier one level to even get a lesser group match... nothing outside a group match unless Casemount might be affixed one to promote it on the world stage as a bigger and better world class facility than our current so called one..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
User avatar
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 7886
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Weemen's Rugby

Postby solidarity » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:09 pm

I watched the final until the Argentina SA game came on. I reckon I saw four teams that would hammer Ulster at the minute. Watched a few minutes of Toulon v Pau today and that made it six.
User avatar
solidarity
Warrior Assassin
 
Posts: 1349
Images: 0
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:00 pm

Re: Weemen's Rugby

Postby Rooster » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:21 pm

Rumoured the Tierney the Irish women coach is to be the new Ireland U20 coach.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 39803
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Weemen's Rugby

Postby Dave » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:53 pm

Typical FIRFU. Move someone sideways. They must use the Catholic Church manual for dealing with peado priests.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 18189
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Weemen's Rugby

Postby rocky » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:41 pm

Cockatrice wrote:One thing for me at least is the likelihood that if Ireland is indeed successful in getting the big boys cup how much we in Norn Iron may play 2nd or 3rd fiddle to elsewhere... putting 4 teams into a single hotel only shows the true lack of hotels with adequate facilities for teams never mind supporters... I was advised by a friend in the RFU that England likely Wales and Scotland and maybe even France will base at home and fly into matches.. other big teams may also centre in the UK with one or two down Mexico way.... little or nothing will be provided to rugby clubs infrastructure up North as likely none have the structure needed at that level with possible exception of a partnership including one of the universities.. only GAA will see real development and Kingsspan will need brought up to tier one level to even get a lesser group match... nothing outside a group match unless Casemount might be affixed one to promote it on the world stage as a bigger and better world class facility than our current so called one..

The RFU (that is ERFU) know the half of two-thirds of f*ck all cubed about possible arrangements for the RWC in 2023, six years hence. The venue has not even been decided yet. This is all totally speculative and without any basis whatsoever.
It didn't take too long for me to reconcile my republican heritage with the diverse political and religious backgrounds of my teammates. There was no border in the Irish dressing room.
Moss Keane
User avatar
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador
 
Posts: 2451
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:50 am
Location: Dundonald

Re: Weemen's Rugby

Postby shamalicious » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:34 pm

http://www.the42.ie/rugby-clubs-protest ... 2-Oct2017/

FIRFU

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Stand up for the Ulstermen

Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
User avatar
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 5085
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:32 am

Re: Weemen's Rugby

Postby solidarity » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:04 pm

How can they move from a three year full time contract to a six month 'casual' contract and not call it a downgrade? I have concerns about women's rugby but this is clearly insulting... unless of course they have a cunning plan hidden away somewhere. :roll:
User avatar
solidarity
Warrior Assassin
 
Posts: 1349
Images: 0
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:00 pm

Re: Weemen's Rugby

Postby Russ » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:06 pm

solidarity wrote:How can they move from a three year full time contract to a six month 'casual' contract and not call it a downgrade? I have concerns about women's rugby but this is clearly insulting... unless of course they have a cunning plan hidden away somewhere. :roll:
Bring in the money required to run their game, then they can have what they want

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28171
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Weemen's Rugby

Postby BR » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:08 am

solidarity wrote:How can they move from a three year full time contract to a six month 'casual' contract and not call it a downgrade? I have concerns about women's rugby but this is clearly insulting... unless of course they have a cunning plan hidden away somewhere. :roll:

I believe the official line is that the full time 3 year contract included other responsibilities including Sevens. The 6 month contract is only for the rugby.

The IRFU 6 months and then review would suggest that one of the boys will be waiting in the wings without a job.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 17277
Images: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: Weemen's Rugby

Postby LadyP » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:39 am

Interpros this weekend away to Leinster, some interesting selections more so at Head Coach , is Suffern Head Coach or not, why is he a consultant, no one good enough to be Head Coach, McLaughlin at back row and Muldoon at 15, what a strange selection.

Great to read the reports about the women’s game getting better, and AIL games on Saturdays however it does appear to be one step forward and two steps back by the men in charge .
"This doesn't look good Parker"
User avatar
LadyP
Novice
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: Weemen's Rugby

Postby LadyP » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:36 am

Well, Ulster have now lost 2 out of 3 with an away trip to Galway this week, I see that last week Ulster brought a 47 year old of the bench in the second half, good for her but can someone please tell be what the hell will that do to help develop the team and the game, also they have a co captain, looks like Ulster want to win the PC cup. Bullshît .

Playing for Ulster is now a political correctness award, not a pathway to a green shirt, players who are centres looking to play back row as they won’t make it in a green shirt, so three games will give them a shout at a cap on the back row, an out and out 9at 15 , not even a head coach , but a coaching consultant. Women’s rugby in Ulster is about participating not about success .
"This doesn't look good Parker"
User avatar
LadyP
Novice
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: Weemen's Rugby

Postby BaggyTrousers » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:06 am

LadyP wrote:Well, Ulster have now lost 2 out of 3 with an away trip to Galway this week, I see that last week Ulster brought a 47 year old of the bench in the second half, good for her but can someone please tell be what the hell will that do to help develop the team and the game, also they have a co captain, looks like Ulster want to win the PC cup. Bullshît .

Playing for Ulster is now a political correctness award, not a pathway to a green shirt, players who are centres looking to play back row as they won’t make it in a green shirt, so three games will give them a shout at a cap on the back row, an out and out 9at 15 , not even a head coach , but a coaching consultant. Women’s rugby in Ulster is about participating not about success .


Lady P, I heard your husband Gerald saying he's all for BRexit, and as a true Brit, I'm sure he would say it's the taking part that counts. Perhaps, dear, you should have married a Seppo?

I know I will distress many of my friends who support weemins rugby, coach it, have family playing it etc, but like with so many things these days, I find it hard to muster many fecks. It's not the weemin, it's me.

Feck-mustering in the heat is a ballix. 29C and flat calm today, hatin' it already, I like a breeze more than anything these days.
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 29905
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: Weemen's Rugby

Postby Russ » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:29 pm

UR need to make the BFN aware of their desire to be intersectionally feminist

Waiting for the first trans player to appear

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28171
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Weemen's Rugby

Postby UlsterNo9 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:21 pm

Russ wrote:UR need to make the BFN aware of their desire to be intersectionally feminist

Waiting for the first trans player to appear

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


It's 2018, we should be embarrassed in this age of equality that gender divides us in sport. Could you imagine the uproar if rugby or any sport for that matter was divided by race or sexual orientation.

Abolish women's rugby abolish mens rugby. Let's just have rugby.

Make rugby all inclusive.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
User avatar
UlsterNo9
Chancellor to the King
 
Posts: 3387
Images: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Previous


  • Advertisement

Return to International rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->