Brennan Tours

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

stickinout
Warrior Chief

Re: Brennan Tours

Post by stickinout »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Our Trevor appears to be doing World Cup tours this autumn and if you book one you will get to Ireland v England in August absolutely FREE and the chance to listen to him talk post match about the forthcoming tour to the World Cup.
Given that it is only 1584 days since his assault on an Ulster fan i feel i will give his Tours a miss for a further while yet.

G Thornley is doing his best at a one man rehabilitation of Trevor with weekly articles in the Irish Times showing Trev's mugshot but with " from an interview with Gerry Thornley" written at the bottom of the article. It's supposed to be about rugby but is blatant plugging for all of his business ventures. Thornley should catch himself on, Brennan was never a thinker when it came to rugby so most of his analysis is beyond kak. .
aarons
Lord Chancellor

Post by aarons »

stickinout wrote:
HwoodMike2umate wrote:Our Trevor appears to be doing World Cup tours this autumn and if you book one you will get to Ireland v England in August absolutely FREE and the chance to listen to him talk post match about the forthcoming tour to the World Cup.
Given that it is only 1584 days since his assault on an Ulster fan i feel i will give his Tours a miss for a further while yet.

G Thornley is doing his best at a one man rehabilitation of Trevor with weekly articles in the Irish Times showing Trev's mugshot but with " from an interview with Gerry Thornley" written at the bottom of the article. It's supposed to be about rugby but is blatant plugging for all of his business ventures. Thornley should catch himself on, Brennan was never a thinker when it came to rugby so most of his analysis is beyond kak. .
i emailed the irish times on this a month or so ago...

my email
Today's sport section contains yet another contribution from Trevor Brennan. May I ask why The Irish Times feels it appropriate to indulge a man who has been rightly banned from rugby for committing an act of violence against a supporter? It only adds insult to injury that Mr Brennan was permitted to use this article to promote the business he set up in the wake of that incident. It is sad to see the editorial values of The Irish Times undermined in this way.
their pathetic reply
Thank you for your letter.

Trevor Brennan was, as you say, rightly banned from rugby for his offence.

However, it was felt that readers may be interested in subsequent events in Trevor Brennan’s life. The article was not published to indulge Trevor Brennan but merely to bring information to readers.

Yours sincerely,

Eoin McVey

Readers’ Representative
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

You should write back and ask if Thornley has declared any financial interest in Brennan's business.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Thornley wrote Brennans story in a book, no doubt HWM has read it :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

For the avoidance of any doubt i have not read his book and nor do i intend to.
However i will admit to smiling when i saw it in the reduced section in Eason's more than a year ago
and i will admit to having briefly flicked through it.
It cost me nothing to do this and in no way can Mr Brennan have gained financially from my actions.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:For the avoidance of any doubt i have not read his book and nor do i intend to.
However i will admit to smiling when i saw it in the reduced section in Eason's more than a year ago
and i will admit to having briefly flicked through it.
It cost me nothing to do this and in no way can Mr Brennan have gained financially from my actions.
Did you put it back on the shelf the right way round though?

It's a bit like in my local shop - for some reason their editions of Emerald Rugby seem to end up up-side-down and in amongst Crochet Today, Family Circle, etc. :scratch: :scratch:
www.stoutboys.co.uk
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

With the 3000th Anniversary rapidly approaching isn't it about time someone re-activated this thread? Discuss.

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:With the 3000th Anniversary rapidly approaching isn't it about time someone re-activated this thread? Discuss.
Mike - It is approaching the 3000th anniversary of the death of King Abibaal of Tyre.

I'm not sure even Ulster supporters will hold a grudge for that long!
www.stoutboys.co.uk
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

For the avoidance of any doubt its Day 3000 (since the assault) on Thursday 9th April 2015. Lest we forget, on 9th April it's also the 98th year anniversary of the start of the somewhat more justified assault by the Canadians on Vimy Ridge in 1917.

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

BR wrote:
HwoodMike2umate wrote:With the 3000th Anniversary rapidly approaching isn't it about time someone re-activated this thread? Discuss.
Mike - It is approaching the 3000th anniversary of the death of King Abibaal of Tyre.

Feckin Tyrians. Themmuns are the ones that gave in to Nebuchadnezzar, so they did. Feckin' splitters they are.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

mikerob wrote:
BR wrote:

Feckin Tyrians. Themmuns are the ones that gave in to Nebuchadnezzar, so they did. Feckin' splitters they are.
Some drinkin' in one of those, a 20 bottle bottle. :thumleft:
Attachments
wine.jpg
wine.jpg (16.51 KiB) Viewed 1280 times
Last edited by BaggyTrousers on Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

mikerob wrote:
BR wrote:

Thought they held out against Nebuchadnezzar - it was Alec 3 who bust them in the end, so it was.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
mikerob wrote:
BR wrote:

Some drinkin' in one of those, a 20 bottle bottle. :thumleft:
A two man job Baggy. You know where I am give me a shout and I'll come arunnin.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Lest we forget. At the going down of the sun and in the early morning mist we will, even 9 years on, remember this day of infamy.

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh