Jackie Brown wrote:He told them to wise up and stop being immature
Which was fine for Huget.

You do.not raise your hand to someone's face

sent from my crozier
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Nigel Owens

Post by BR »

I didn't see Brown hit anyone, just saw him complain about a head butt. Owens got it right from what I saw, but a special mention has to go to the BBC graphics man, who followed the incident with stats titled Brown and Huget head-to-head. :)
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Scranner
Warrior

Post by Scranner »

Anyone else see the shoeing Care (I think it was) gave a french forward at a ruck. Totally uncalled for and unremarked by the referee, the linesman or even the commentators.
STATE PRO VIRIS ULTONIAE
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

againstthehead wrote:As someone pointed out, there are 3 french sides in the other QFs so it's Poite for us. Nige will ref toulon - leinster I'd say.
Garces will probably get a quarter final too, so it may not be Poite for us.

Would take Owens in a heartbeat.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Owens will probably do Munster or Leicesters match I reckon Garces or Poite for our match.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Saw the Care shoeing rather Springer like I thought to fair it was the guys arm that was in the way of the boot and I actually thought the penalty should have gone to France for failing to release the ball after the tackle but it was a 50 -50 call like most of those in a ruck which is why I consider a penalty is should not be awarded unless inside the 22 , outside the 22 a free kick would be fairer to all.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Russ wrote:Brown got annoyed that Huget wouldn't give him the ball so went extremely aggressively head to head with him then raised his hand and hit him in the face

Straight red in my book

Nigel had a word, think he got a good quote out of it, but can't remember it
Thanks goodness you're not a ref then.... You've been watching too much soccer laddie. Nothing in it. Move on.

Another cracking came reffed by Owens. I'm getting to the stage were I'd select games to watch depending on the referee as opposed to the two teams playing. I love the way if there's a bit 50-50 he just plays on regardless. Of course this is made simpler with the TMO - is anything comes of the play he can go back and revisit.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

thecrouch wrote:
againstthehead wrote:As someone pointed out, there are 3 french sides in the other QFs so it's Poite for us. Nige will ref toulon - leinster I'd say.

Yes yes yes chaps, I simply said I'd take Nigel any day. Old Poite will be the man & is acceptable, problem comes when you get a French team & then that clampit Barnes looms large.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
thecrouch wrote:

Yes yes yes chaps, I simply said I'd take Nigel any day. Old Poite will be the man & is acceptable, problem comes when you get a French team & then that clampit Barnes looms large.
Garces or Poite will get a quarter final but not both as far as I know they always use refs from a different country so could be Poite/Garces for us Barnes and Owens for the Leinster and Munster matches and perhaps Lacey or Clancy for the Clermont v Leicester match
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Leicester deserve Clancy
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Jackie Brown wrote:Leicester deserve Clancy
Ah JB now that is going too far. Not even a Pyongyang RFC team coached by Kim Jong Un would deserve to have Clancy forced on them. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

BR wrote:I didn't see Brown hit anyone, just saw him complain about a head butt. Owens got it right from what I saw, but a special mention has to go to the BBC graphics man, who followed the incident with stats titled Brown and Huget head-to-head. :)

I noticed that too - made me smile :lol:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red: