MOTM

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

AndyB
Warrior Chief

MOTM

Post by AndyB »

I'm not saying any of the Ulster players should have been MOTm yesterday but can anyone remember the last time an Ulster player was given motm by RTE?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: MOTM

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

I wonder what you could be implying? :scratch: :roll:

If you've something to say, come out and say it - if not ...... meaningless thread.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

AndyB wrote:I'm not saying any of the Ulster players should have been MOTm yesterday but can anyone remember the last time an Ulster player was given motm by RTE?

Iain Henderson - 21st September 2013
:roll:
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote:
AndyB wrote:I'm not saying any of the Ulster players should have been MOTm yesterday but can anyone remember the last time an Ulster player was given motm by RTE?
Iain Henderson - 21st September 2013
:roll:
original question answered

curiosity presumably satisfied (but maybe not)

nothing else (presumably) to debate

(should be, in the natural run of things,) thread ended ....... but I suspect not!.
I'm not arguing -
MCBwinwinwin
Initiate

Post by MCBwinwinwin »

Am I the only person who thinks that it's a myth that Ulster players are treated unfairly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

No MCB you're not the only one, but there's plenty of small minded folk with inferiority complexes and chips on their shoulders who prefer to subscribe to the 'myth'.

Try watching some BBC NI pre or post game coverage or analysis and you'll see the opposite. They'll interview some of the Leinster or Munster lads and all they'll ask is what they think of Luke Marshall/Paddy Jackson etc. C'est la vie
Last edited by ColinM on Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

MCBwinwinwin wrote:Am I the only person who thinks that it's a myth that Ulster players are treated unfairly?
ColinM wrote:No MCB you're not, there's plenty of small minded folk with inferiority complexes and chips on their shoulders who think the same.

Try watching some BBC NI pre or post game coverage or analysis and you'll see the opposite. They'll interview some of the Leinster or Munster las and all they'll ask is what they think of Luke Marshall/Paddy Jackson etc. C'est la vie
Colin - I could be wrong here, but I suspect you are mis-reading MCB's post.

He doesn't seem to think that Ulster players are treated unfairly, he thinks that's a myth ..... unless you think that people who agree that ulster players being treated fairly, are small minded and have chips on their shoulders? :scratch:
I'm not arguing -
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
He doesn't seem to think that Ulster players are treated unfairly, he thinks that's a myth ..... unless you think that people who agree that ulster players being treated fairly, are small minded and have chips on their shoulders? :scratch:

No Grumpy, I think you're misreading my post which on reflection isn't all that clear. :oops:

I'll fix it
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

ColinM wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:

No Grumpy, I think you're misreading my post which on reflection isn't all that clear. :oops:

I'll fix it
:salut:
I'm not arguing -
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

The great POM was actually the man of the match, I have so adjudicated.

However....................

The main problem with the man of the match award is that it is usually bequeathed by one chube who works under the name of Tony Ward. Tony was an interesting, mercurial player who was as poorly treated by the selectors as any Ulsterman or Tornip before or since, but as a pundit he is more "Guscott Gobshite" than mercurial, frankly he bores me rigid.

For those amazed at his MOTM adjudication in favour of a man who nothing in the first 30 minutes, you probably didn't watch on OR.T.E. to hear his thoughts on the matter. He did praise several players, including Ulstermen, but plumped for Jamie for the way in which he picked up the captaincy at short notice & made excellent decisions in addition to his undeniably very good last 50 minutes. Not perhaps as monstrous a decision, viewed with that info, for he did indeed make a couple of very good calls leading to 2 tries rather than 2 penalties.

On that basis, I cannot criticise his choice even though it differs from my own choice.

There you go, pick the bones out of thonder. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.