Ireland v Wales

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ireland v Wales

Post by BaggyTrousers »

shamalicious wrote:I see G*tland is trying to deflect the blame by saying it was the execution rather than the game plan that failed. Bet that annoyed a few players.
You see Shammy, Warren Gatland is a great coach. Get the name as an early riser & you can lie in bed all day. If Deccie had been as morally bankrupt as Warren Gatland is he could have rightfully used that line a few times and perhaps have kept some of his reputation intact.

Then again maybe Deccie was the sort to shoulder the blame, accept the buck stopped with him & not blame everybody but himself.

Not everyone is a great unimpeachable great coach like Warren Gatland.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Wales centre Scott Williams is set to miss the remainder of the RBS 6 Nations squad because of a shoulder injury.

The 23-year-old has is expected to undergo surgery this week and could be out of action for up to three months.

A statement from the Welsh Rugby Union read: "Centre Scott Williams has been released from Wales' 2014 RBS 6 Nations squad due to injury.

"Williams injured his right shoulder in Saturday's defeat to Ireland and will require surgical intervention."
>fiddle >fiddle >fiddle
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote: You see Shammy, Warren Gatland is a great coach. Get the name as an early riser & you can lie in bed all day. If Deccie had been as morally bankrupt as Warren Gatland is he could have rightfully used that line a few times and perhaps have kept some of his reputation intact.

Then again maybe Deccie was the sort to shoulder the blame, accept the buck stopped with him & not blame everybody but himself.

Well said Baggy. Gatland is some piece of work alright. Pretty much blaming his players in an effort to show he actually outsmarted Joe in this game. I suppose some of the Welsh will believe this, but I don't think many in that other, and more important to Joe and Gatland, sheep loving nation will.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Rooster wrote:
Wales centre Scott Williams is set to miss the remainder of the RBS 6 Nations squad because of a shoulder injury.

The 23-year-old has is expected to undergo surgery this week and could be out of action for up to three months.

A statement from the Welsh Rugby Union read: "Centre Scott Williams has been released from Wales' 2014 RBS 6 Nations squad due to injury.

"Williams injured his right shoulder in Saturday's defeat to Ireland and will require surgical intervention."
>fiddle >fiddle >fiddle
Now let that be a lesson to all you English and French who were thinking of trying to rough up BOD. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Aye, the ould lad may be on his last legs, lost most of his pace, become a borderline average centre rather than the best in the known universe, albeit with the instincts of a ligind, failed to be Gatland's go to man BUT he still has the heart of a lion facing a pack of hyenas & is harder than Paddy Murphy's nails.

I'd say he will have had a trademark twisted smirk at the result of a boy trying to maim him & coming off a distant 2nd best in a two horse race.

All hail the ould ballix. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

I have watched a recording of that tackle many times. My feeling is that the majority of posters here have come round to the notion that S.Williams was trying to use his arms and was just clumsy and tackled with poor technique. I was prepared to believe that myself for a while. But on repeated viewing I go back to my original opinion - that was a no-arms shoulder charge to the sternum and terribly dangerous. Poor marks to Barnes the ref, and his assistants, who didn't even think it worth a TMO look. I wonder if BOD is carrying any lasting effects?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Shoulder charge with no attempt. Yellow

sent from my crozier
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

In all the merriment of the thrashing of Wales, good to see Matthew Rees is about to return to training after his cancer treatment.

Feck cancer.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

BaggyTrousers wrote:In all the merriment of the thrashing of Wales, good to see Matthew Rees is about to return to training after his cancer treatment.

Feck cancer.
+10000000000
brianc
Warrior Assassin

Post by brianc »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
shamalicious wrote:I see G*tland is trying to deflect the blame by saying it was the execution rather than the game plan that failed. Bet that annoyed a few players.
You see Shammy, Warren Gatland is a great coach. Get the name as an early riser & you can lie in bed all day. If Deccie had been as morally bankrupt as Warren Gatland is he could have rightfully used that line a few times and perhaps have kept some of his reputation intact.

>jawdrop >jawdrop >jawdrop >jawdrop >jawdrop >jawdrop Why I ought to get right over to the asylum, get DL "de-sectioned" & show him this heresy :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
MattMo
Initiate

Post by MattMo »

Gatland's comments made no sense. He said they never tried plan B because they had failed to even execute plan A... Isn't that why you go to plan B? If Plan A doesn't work for any reason, try plan B?
Payne to play 13 for Leinster or 15 for Ulster
MattMo
Initiate

Post by MattMo »

brianc wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

>jawdrop >jawdrop >jawdrop >jawdrop >jawdrop >jawdrop Why I ought to get right over to the asylum, get DL "de-sectioned" & show him this heresy :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
He speaks the truth, Declan Kidney, while biased, incompetent, and old fashioned in game plan, was a nice guy.
Payne to play 13 for Leinster or 15 for Ulster
Ospreylian
Novice

Post by Ospreylian »

Your absolutely bonkers, bois Bach! Liam Williams isn't a dirty player! He's more committed than anyone you know though! A lot like the great JPR.
Jockster
Squire

Post by Jockster »

Ospreylian wrote:Your absolutely bonkers, bois Bach! Liam Williams isn't a dirty player! He's more committed than anyone you know though! A lot like the great JPR.
Ballix!! There was no way he was going to stop GP scoring that try. He had plenty of time and room to simply jump over him and you know it :duh:
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Ospreylian wrote:Your absolutely bonkers, bois Bach! Liam Williams isn't a dirty player! He's more committed than anyone you know though! A lot like the great JPR.
:lol:

Yup. He's certainly committed all right - committed to knocking someone's head off.