Retiring backrow players - its what he does.

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Retiring backrow players - its what he does.

Post by BaggyTrousers »

News today that Scotland have dropped Kelly Brown, their captain against Ireland last week, and a victim of Chad

Next up young Warburton. He must be feeling vulnerable for on all occasions he has faced our Chad he has been shown how a 7 should play & of course he has feigned injury a few times to avoid further punishment. I see no reason to expect that Warburton will come out of this clash any more positively than on previous occasions.

Next to feel the fear will be Chris Robshaw, another flanker, another captain. Robshaw never strikes me as a great player though the guy has stickability & will not lie down ................but ..........last season in the HC quarter-final, young Dougall gave him everything he could handle. Chad is a step up from that. I see a troubled Robshaw looking worried.

Further down the line is the magnificent Parisse captaining the Eyetalians. Though not a direct opponent he will doubtless have Chad & POM to deal with in addition to Heaslip.

Then assuming he is fit Dusautoir will feel the Wrath of Chad.

I just wonder will Chad be able to convince Jo that he is the best in the country as I am firmly convinced he is, he is one of those guys who you need to watch rather than just watching the game to see just how good a player he is. Record a game & watch Chad, you'll see just what we've got.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Re: Retiring backrow players - its what he does.

Post by Spiffsson »

Yes - looking forward to the Chad/Warburton duel. Warburton is an OK player, but I regard him as one of the most overrated in international rugby. He isn't even the best 7 in Wales.
The overall backrow battle should be tasty.
MattMo
Initiate

Post by MattMo »

Spiffsson wrote:Yes - looking forward to the Chad/Warburton duel. Warburton is an OK player, but I regard him as one of the most overrated in international rugby. He isn't even the best 7 in Wales.
The overall backrow battle should be tasty.
He isn't too convincing on being the best 7 at Cardiff. Navidi is no slouch

I'm liking Henry making an impact on the international squad. He offers more than running ability, which plagued the kidney era, as he never brought in enough breakdown guys.
Henry is truely a back row balancer. With him there, you can either put in 1 other breakdown able back rower (like POM) or take 2 massive running back rows (O'Brien and Heaslip), depending on the requirements of the other team.
Thankfully Schmidt has memories of being POed by Henry, so recognises this.

I'm not saying that Chad will be on the team when O'Brien returns, but surely he's a sure fire bench currently.
Payne to play 13 for Leinster or 15 for Ulster
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Some of the Sky guys reckon Chad is the best 7 in Europe, they are not far wrong. :red:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcTBxgGH5Ac
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Would definitely be in the top 3 sevens..

Would agree though, in my mind SOB is still not a 7, he should be playing 6 with Heaslip at 8 for Ireland and of course Henry at 7, that way he can put his ball carrying to best use without being concerned about tracking the ball as Henry will have that covered, but I fear Joe does not see that and when SOB is back fit he will be straight into the team and Henry dropped
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

breakdown wrote:Would definitely be in the top 3 sevens..

Would agree though, in my mind SOB is still not a 7, he should be playing 6 with Heaslip at 8 for Ireland and of course Henry at 7, that way he can put his ball carrying to best use without being concerned about tracking the ball as Henry will have that covered, but I fear Joe does not see that and when SOB is back fit he will be straight into the team and Henry dropped
I think Schmidt may be smarter than our Dickie was around this.

It may cause uproar in Turnipstan

sent from my crozier
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:Some of the Sky guys reckon Chad is the best 7 in Europe, they are not far wrong. :red:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcTBxgGH5Ac
They are so "not far wrong" they are bloody right.

Sadly even here, there are plenty of arsefoons who don't understand quite how good he is. I repeat get a recording of a full game & watch Chad.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Russ wrote:
breakdown wrote:Would definitely be in the top 3 sevens..

I think Schmidt may be smarter than our Dickie was around this.

It may cause uproar in Turnipstan

sent from my crozier
Would hope so Russ but my worry would be that Schmidt plays SoB at 7 for Ireland simply because he has been playing there for Leinster and would be a 'safe option'?
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg