Engerland v Ireland

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Engerland v Ireland

Post by Shan »

A bit disappointed as I always am when we don't win but really England were the better team on the day and deserved their victory. Indeed we did well to only lose by 3 points considering we could have been over 10 points down at half time but for a couple of errors from England. That said overall I would say there is very little between these teams and it does look to me they are the best 2 teams in the 6N.

To be fair it is never the end of the world when you don't win in Twickers. I'd prefer to give England their due credit than to be too critical of our team.

We still have a good chance to win the championship and it would be great to achieve that, especially considering how few of them we win.

Gwan Ireland.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
MACKTHEKNIFE
Initiate

Post by MACKTHEKNIFE »

Will need to look again to make my mind up about Kearney. Maybe a few incidents just coloured his entire performance for me. Thought Jackson should have got a run around 65 mins, may have got us over the line. A lot of mine calling for Zebo but I for one am glad that the swashbuckling clown is in Swansea this weekend learning the basics again.
Standing Up for the Ulstermen on May 19th.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Our weemen seem to be just about running out of steam having fought like King Billy at the Battle of Kilwaughter but just got rumbled over 17-10 to England's Bitches.

Never the less one of the Queen's bitches sees yellow, all is not lost. Tough but not lost. Pretty entertaining scrap.

G'wan yis gurdles.
Christ that match made the P12 look well refereed!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Our weemen seem to be just about running out of steam having fought like King Billy at the Battle of Kilwaughter but just got rumbled over 17-10 to England's Bitches.

Never the less one of the Queen's bitches sees yellow, all is not lost. Tough but not lost. Pretty entertaining scrap.

G'wan yis gurdles.
Christ that match made the P12 look well refereed!
Yip, she was one mean bitch.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
MattMo
Initiate

Post by MattMo »

There was a severe lack of anything positive from 10 12 and 13 tonight.
Payne to play 13 for Leinster or 15 for Ulster
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I consider England were lucky to keep 15 men on the park for 80mins thought Farrell should have seen yellow and likewise Lawes for hands in the ruck when Ireland were just short of the English maul.

Said before the game Ireland had to keep the kicks short to give the wings a chance

While the English wings have pace they have a tendency to run across the pitch when facing a challenge .

The Munster board has a severe case of Leinsteritis ADK Murphy and McFadden all have??? While BoD and D'Arcy down for old folks homeAnd of course Zebo as the cure all

While the lad has space defensively he's a non event when faced with some one running at him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Joubery bottled Lawed and Farrell
Tap+Go
Novice

Post by Tap+Go »

Russ wrote:Joubery bottled Lawed and Farrell
Wouldn't mind doing the same meself - I'd include a few other English players.....here Dylan, Dylan!! >threaten
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

The first penalty kicked

There was no Irish interference at the lineout

Lawes was dropped and penalty given
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

10 and 12 had poor games, but I thought BOD was quite good, certainly better going forward than we have seen previously in the tournament
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

breakdown wrote:10 and 12 had poor games, but I thought BOD was quite good, certainly better going forward than we have seen previously in the tournament
I thought the entire Ireland side played well enough. Lacked a bit of pure power up front without SOB but I wouldn't single players out on that performance. Small margins.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Ospreylian
Novice

Post by Ospreylian »

Shan wrote:A bit disappointed as I always am when we don't win but really England were the better team on the day and deserved their victory. Indeed we did well to only lose by 3 points considering we could have been over 10 points down at half time but for a couple of errors from England. That said overall I would say there is very little between these teams and it does look to me they are the best 2 teams in the 6N.

To be fair it is never the end of the world when you don't win in Twickers. I'd prefer to give England their due credit than to be too critical of our team.

We still have a good chance to win the championship and it would be great to achieve that, especially considering how few of them we win.

Gwan Ireland.
Wales will smash ingerland in twickers! Trust me >happyparty Twenty point + margin between them :roll:
promenader
Novice

Post by promenader »

Don't know why Joe had Paddy sitting on the bench if he doesn't have confidence in him. It was fairly clear from early in the 2nd half that it wasn't happening for Sexton. Probably a combination of taking a heavy knock and just being a bit off his game - whatever the reason, he was making poor decisions and kicking badly. The situation was crying out for a change but Joe obviously didn't want to throw PJ into the fray. Disappointing, and hopefully it doesn't undermine Paddy's self-belief too much.
Harold7
Warrior

Post by Harold7 »

Pity as we could easily have won that. Sexton wasn't right, he was either concussed or carrying an injury and while players can play through injuries if it is having a negative impact on their performance then they should be replaced and IMO Jackson should have come on. It seemed to me that towards the end D'Arcy was playing first receiver an awful lot and anytime Sexton got it he just kicked it away to nothing. That said Sexton kicked well in the first half and we were unlucky not to reap the rewards of that.

As for BOD I don't get some of criticism here, I thought he had a good game. He even made one or two outside breaks which I haven't seen him do in a while.

Anyway all is not lost. Our points difference is 20 better than England's and 40 odd better than Wales and France so two wins from here should be enough. I've fancied us to win in Paris this season since the NZ game to be honest and if anything I'm even more confident about that now. That said we know the old cliches about France so you can never be sure I suppose. However Schmidt has got us going in the right direction and I think over the next three weeks he will come up with something to special the Frenchies. Italy should take care of itself.

Finally from an Ulster POV I thought Henry and Best both had good games, Trimble was decent but probably not at the level he was against Wales and Henderson had a really strong cameo (ahem at 6). Jackson was only on for a couple of minutes, feck knows what position he lined up at but sure it's another cap but as I say he should have been on earlier.

As for RTE I couldn't believe how within minutes of the final whistle they somehow managed to turn the conversation into another Jackson bashing session. Pretty tiresome at this stage. I actually wish RTE would recognise that a lot of Ulster fans watch these games on RTE and maybe occasionally find an analyst with an Ulster background.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

MattMo wrote:There was a severe lack of anything positive from 10 12 and 13 tonight.
That's bullshit Matt, they played their hearts out ........... then again maybe you are talking about the men's team. :shock:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.