Irel;and v France

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

colind
Squire

Re: Irel;and v France

Post by colind »

In the Sunday Times Peter O'Reilly, in the player ratings gives four Irish players 8 - Trimble, Murray, Best and Henry. Then at the bottom of the match report he names sexton as man of the match. Sexton got 7 in the player ratings. [UNAMUSED FACE]

Sent from my Nokia Windows phone using Tapatalk
interlooter
Warrior Chief

Post by interlooter »

I don't think we've made a big enough deal about how well Chris Henry has played in this championship. He has improved to the stage now that In the France game he was deservedly mentioned far and wide as a candidate for MOTM. His carrying has to be his biggest area of improvement, IMO, and he was still a complete Cnut at the breakdown - the true definition of an open side flanker. The effort he expended in that last play where he and Toner choked the massive Vahaamahina would be impressive in the first minute of the match. He was like a frenzied hunting dog attacking a ramapging bull and when the final whistle went he remained on his knees, totally spent.

Trimby was my MOTM, but chad was next in line and he and Toner are probably the biggest surprises of the tournament to the wider rugby public. Fitting then, that their combined final effort should seal the championship.
if a pig loses it's voice, is it disgruntled?
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Not putting it down to Henry alone, but it shows the value of having a proper openside in the team, something which we havent had in a while, Wallace being the next closest thing
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

colind wrote:In the Sunday Times Peter O'Reilly, in the player ratings gives four Irish players 8 - Trimble, Murray, Best and Henry. Then at the bottom of the match report he names sexton as man of the match. Sexton got 7 in the player ratings. [UNAMUSED FACE]

Sent from my Nokia Windows phone using Tapatalk

Player rating are a big load of balls. Anybody who knows the game reasonably well can easily figure out for themselves who played well and who didn't. Man of the match awards are just shíte for the TV companies and print media to give their commentators a feeling of being knowledgable and important and gives microphone holders an opportunity to interview a hero and tell them how wonderful they are. Tis fecking worse we are improving am my Da would say. :D

In other words I wouldn't be concerning myself about innacuracies when it relates to something so irrelevant and value-less.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

interlooter wrote:I don't think we've made a big enough deal about how well Chris Henry has played in this championship. He has improved to the stage now that In the France game he was deservedly mentioned far and wide as a candidate for MOTM. His carrying has to be his biggest area of improvement, IMO, and he was still a complete Cnut at the breakdown - the true definition of an open side flanker. The effort he expended in that last play where he and Toner choked the massive Vahaamahina would be impressive in the first minute of the match. He was like a frenzied hunting dog attacking a ramapging bull and when the final whistle went he remained on his knees, totally spent.

Trimby was my MOTM, but chad was next in line and he and Toner are probably the biggest surprises of the tournament to the wider rugby public. Fitting then, that their combined final effort should seal the championship.
Check out the where do we go from here thread a chara. I have made reference to Chris Henry......and before I saw this post. :D

Indeed his own words quoted on that post are better than anything anyone on here or anywhere else is likely to say.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

pythagoras wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote: Probably some of your anti Ulster southern papers who couldn't bring themselves to give it to a nordie....... :thumleft:
Sexton's goal kicking's didn't become ropey just yesterday, he's been dodgy for awhile. On the Lions Halfpenny was the kicker. As well as the missed kicks yesterday he barely made a conversion from in front of the posts. Clearly it's a psychological issue but if he doesn't sort that out we need someone else taking the goal kicks.
Also when you have someone with a decent left boot like Kearney why does Sexton insist on taking penalty kicks to touch on the right side and making not much ground?

BTW I wouldn't argue with Trimble, best or yer man trimble said he'd look like after severe facial damage, henry getting motm yesterday. BOD getting it was a nice touch from the French, undeserved though it was.

BTW2 fcukoff fartpants
Sexton seems to have a case of the yips from that position on the pitch. His bad miss v the All Blacks and the 2 yesterday were from similar positions. Perhaps the players should only score tries on the left side of the posts. :duck:

Plus I would have given Barstewardhead motm too
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

pythagoras wrote:

BTW2 fcukoff fartpants

Classy stuff.
interlooter
Warrior Chief

Post by interlooter »

Shan wrote:
interlooter wrote:I don't think we've made a big enough deal about how well Chris Henry has played in this championship. He has improved to the stage now that In the France game he was deservedly mentioned far and wide as a candidate for MOTM. His carrying has to be his biggest area of improvement, IMO, and he was still a complete Cnut at the breakdown - the true definition of an open side flanker. The effort he expended in that last play where he and Toner choked the massive Vahaamahina would be impressive in the first minute of the match. He was like a frenzied hunting dog attacking a ramapging bull and when the final whistle went he remained on his knees, totally spent.

Check out the where do we go from here thread a chara. I have made reference to Chris Henry......and before I saw this post. :D

Indeed his own words quoted on that post are better than anything anyone on here or anywhere else is likely to say.
That is exactly my point Shan. Other provinces and abroad are making more of a deal of Chad than we are and he think he has been heroic for Ireland. I was waiting for Hook to call him the Terminator. :lol:

On another note, going to be tough to top this.
Oh hang on, what's happening on the 5th April? :fleg:
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Post by pythagoras »

Shan wrote:
pythagoras wrote:

BTW2 fcukoff fartpants

Classy stuff.
A chara
go bhfóire dia orainn
Shur I'm sorry if tis after upsetting you I am a chara
is mise le meas
ding-a-ling 'gus gach rud mar sin
do chara
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dublin4 wrote:In the stadium, Basteraud was awarded motm by the French announcer before the end.
Maybe English speaking tv does a different version.
Pitbull said MotM was awarded by French TV. He'd have given it to Trimble.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

interlooter wrote:
That is exactly my point Shan. Other provinces and abroad are making more of a deal of Chad than we are and he think he has been heroic for Ireland. I was waiting for Hook to call him the Terminator. :lol:

Ah I see. Tis a bit strange alright. Here we are with probably the 7 of the championship and not a fecking peep. Maybe just because all Ulster supporters already knew how good the man was and now that everybody else already knows there is no need to mention it? I don't know. I think in the Trimble case it is different. Even though ye knew how good Trimble could be for Ulster he had it to prove for Ireland as he himself said in that great interview with Horgan and ROG. I loved the line he said about ROG saying to him just before the Scotland game "just go and do what you do for Ulster". Nice to see ROG still having a positive impact on Ireland Rugby and nice to see the great camaraderie between these 3 players(2 former players obviously) of Ulster, Munster and Leinster. The way it should be for Ireland. Feck I am slipping off topic again with another ROG love-in and some thought this would end when the great man hung up his boots. :D

And oh yes we have had our fantastic time now for international rugby. Let battle commence on the club grounds. There is much more to look forward to now and a battle royal in prospect, hopefully, as each province wants to win and declare itself Ireland's top province. Though most of us down here already know it is Munster!!!
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

pythagoras wrote:
Shan wrote:
pythagoras wrote:

BTW2 fcukoff fartpants

Classy stuff.
A chara
go bhfóire dia orainn
Shur I'm sorry if tis after upsetting you I am a chara
is mise le meas
ding-a-ling 'gus gach rud mar sin
do chara
No need to be sorry. I am not upset.

I will take the rest of the response as a compliment, assuming I am crediting you correctly with having some level of wit. If not I won't worry about it.
interlooter
Warrior Chief

Post by interlooter »

Shan wrote:
interlooter wrote:

Ah I see. Tis a bit strange alright. Here we are with probably the 7 of the championship and not a fecking peep. Maybe just because all Ulster supporters already knew how good the man was and now that everybody else already knows there is no need to mention it? I don't know. I think in the Trimble case it is different. Even though ye knew how good Trimble could be for Ulster he had it to prove for Ireland as he himself said in that great interview with Horgan and ROG. I loved the line he said about ROG saying to him just before the Scotland game "just go and do what you do for Ulster". Nice to see ROG still having a positive impact on Ireland Rugby and nice to see the great camaraderie between these 3 players(2 former players obviously) of Ulster, Munster and Leinster. The way it should be for Ireland. Feck I am slipping off topic again with another ROG love-in and some thought this would end when the great man hung up his boots. :D

And oh yes we have had our fantastic time now for international rugby. Let battle commence on the club grounds. There is much more to look forward to now and a battle royal in prospect, hopefully, as each province wants to win and declare itself Ireland's top province. Though most of us down here already know it is Munster!!!
Munter me hole :lol: :red: :fleg:
The Rev, radge and shaggy should have their own show. Top notch stuff IMO
The rev showed his less Christian side with a well aimed swipe at chad's facial readjustments.
Nothing like a teammate taking time to slag his coworker.
Respect to Radge as well. We always seem to assume the worst of other teams players, and I'm as guilty as anyone, but when you see interviews like this and see BOD hugging trimby like he was Amy, it shows how tight all these lads really are.
They are young fellas in a high pressure environment and they handle themselves really well and have all come across well.
The boring Kearney twitter feed is priceless and I even have to admit to a liking developing for POM, but he was tom kite yesterday :duck: .
I'm getting a bit emotional and having watched the game for the third and far from final time I think have seldom enjoyed a weekend as much since 1999. Hopefully the hangover won't be as bad.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

pythagoras wrote:
BTW2 fcukoff fartpants
What age are you sonny, 6? Grow up. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

interlooter wrote: I even have to admit to a liking developing for POM, but he was tom kite yesterday :duck: .
Away with you and keep watching, this time with both eyes open. :D

Irish pack were outstanding yesterday. I can't fault a single one of them. You don't stand a chance in Paris if you are carrying passengers up front.

Next bit not directed at you Interlooter:

As for folk still questioning Toner. What the jaysus does the guy have to do. He has been excellent throughout the championship and our set pieces have generally been excellent. I couldn't detect any weakness in him I have to say.