2014 Autumn Internationals

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: 2014 Autumn Internationals

Post by rumncoke »

Rory Payne would be possibly one of the fastest on the Ulster team over 10 metres only two players might be fast over a short distance beagle and I H

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rumncoke wrote:Rory Payne would be possibly one of the fastest on the Ulster team over 10 metres only two players might be fast over a short distance beagle and I H

Do you have the stats?
MattMo
Initiate

Post by MattMo »

ruckover wrote:Olding was full-back with Jones switching to the wing.
Olding was everywhere, with the rest of the backline taking a nap I thought :scratch:
Payne to play 13 for Leinster or 15 for Ulster
MattMo
Initiate

Post by MattMo »

Russ wrote:
rumncoke wrote:Rory Payne would be possibly one of the fastest on the Ulster team over 10 metres only two players might be fast over a short distance beagle and I H

Do you have the stats?
no way that's true, watch Payne run, he's fast, but he's got ridiculously slow acceleration, which is why he glides from full back, but looks slow at 13.
Payne to play 13 for Leinster or 15 for Ulster
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

MattMo wrote:
Russ wrote:

Do you have the stats?
no way that's true, watch Payne run, he's fast, but he's got ridiculously slow acceleration, which is why he glides from full back, but looks slow at 13.
Agree about the poor acceleration but don't even think he's that fast when he eventually hits top speed. He is a good reader of the game at 15, times his runs well from that spot and can see the gaps. He does not seem to produce that form at 13 where he has less time to assess the situation. At 29 he certainly is not going to get faster. I still do not see what Schmidt sees in him that would put him in the pole position for the Ireland 13 shirt. He's not a bad player, but I think he is never going to shine in midfield and think Ireland could come up with better. There seems to be a strong body of opinion among fans that Schmidt can do no wrong, but that will change next time Ireland gets humped.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Well apart from in his first game that hasn't happened and we have played all the best sides.
However I am sure that will all count for nothing if we get 'humped'.
Lets cast our minds back before Joe when we were losing to Scotland and Italy.
No coach is perfect but there are some that are closer to it than others.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

bazzaj wrote:Well apart from in his first game that hasn't happened and we have played all the best sides.
However I am sure that will all count for nothing if we get 'humped'.
Lets cast our minds back before Joe when we were losing to Scotland and Italy.
No coach is perfect but there are some that are closer to it than others.
Please never mention Kiddinya again
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Watch Payne he haas the ability to change pace quickly and it the change in pace puts him through the gap like all dangerous ball carriers he trys to commit the defender and then adjust his run playing outside a slow feed and in a flat back line reduces the opportunties

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rumncoke wrote:Watch Payne he haas the ability to change pace quickly and it the change in pace puts him through the gap like all dangerous ball carriers he trys to commit the defender and then adjust his run playing outside a slow feed and in a flat back line reduces the opportunties

Payne has one pace!
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Gentlemen, I'll let you into a little secret.....
Yes, it is; No, it's not; YES, IT IS; NO, IT'S NOT;
is not an informative debate.

Alright, I know.......Setanta out!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Setanta wrote:Gentlemen, I'll let you into a little secret.....
Yes, it is; No, it's not; YES, IT IS; NO, IT'S NOT;
is not an informative debate.

Alright, I know.......Setanta out!
He's behind you
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Russ wrote:
rumncoke wrote:Watch Payne he haas the ability to change pace quickly and it the change in pace puts him through the gap like all dangerous ball carriers he trys to commit the defender and then adjust his run playing outside a slow feed and in a flat back line reduces the opportunties

Payne has one pace!

Correct Russ.

Hush, rummie
It's the hope that kills you.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Who the hell is Rory Payne??? :scratch: :duck: >EW
Bo***cks to Brexit
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Joe is the one NH manager not under so much pressure to deliver this week but heres how I think others are fairing.

Lancaster in particular needs to try and get his back line firing and team creating.
He was a breathe of fresh air after the previous managers where he installed a discipline and pride back into England.
In my opinion his coaching limitations are being exposed and that is reflected in his captain.
Robshaw is a good, honest, grafter who gives 100 per cent but lacks that extra bit of class that seperates him from the elite.
They have a front 5 which can deliver ball but its what you do with it that counts.
I believe Lancaster has taken this England team as far as it can go which is just short.

Gatland is in a similar position and too long in the tooth and set in his ways to deliver anything different.
Their performance against Australia shows yet again he has learnt nothing from his previous losses against them.
No wins in 6 years against the big 3 SH teams and that seems likely to be extended.
Not good going into the World Cup.

The intriguing one is Cotter at Scotland.
They now have a reasonable coach with a good track record and with the emergence of Glasgow they seemingly have good players to match.
About time!

The French are the French so who knows.

Some people see the Autumn Internationals as a bit of a waste of time but that is a contrast to Woodwards approach when he took over England.
It was his remit not to be winning grand slams so much as regularly beating SH opposition in order to win World Cups.
To win one would require beating at least 2 of the big 3 SH teams
He ended up winning 12 games in a row against the big 3, an incredible record which gave them the belief that they carried into their 2003 world cup win.

Therefore these games carry greater signifcance going into the world cup year than some may think.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cotter has turned Scotland into world beaters

I fully expect them to finish runners up to us next 6 Nations, grand slam decider in Edinburgh