2014 Autumn Internationals

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Re: 2014 Autumn Internationals

Post by Kofi Annan »

Jackie Brown wrote:French are reaping what they sow. Their league is full of high paid imports, they are suffering as a result. Where are their next generation coming from?
More than the the Aviva ??
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:French are reaping what they sow. Their league is full of high paid imports, they are suffering as a result. Where are their next generation coming from?
More than the the Aviva ??
England naturalised their players faster
France went for capped internationals
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I expect the French Union to impose a few changes on the Clubs after the World Cup which may upset a couple of current investors who will of course issue the usual threats of breakaway and boycott until they realise Rugby isn't soccer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Rooster wrote:
Shan wrote: Yes Bazza they need to ensure they are performing at 100% for 80 minutes. There is no reason to expect an Ireland team now not to do this. We need every player to contribute at his optimum. This should be a requirement anyway. At home we need to be expecting to win regardless of the opposition. We are Northern Hemisphere Champions. We are not some second tier team coming out to play our heroes.

The expectation from this series is 3 wins from 3. Anything less is a disappointment.
Prepare to be disappointed then

So glad I didn't make those unnecessary preparations Rooster.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Ah ha shan you've been waiting on that one!
We can be a miserable lot up north and success and expectancy don't sit well with some of us.
Hopefully joes success can help to change perceptions.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

bazzaj wrote:Ah ha shan you've been waiting on that one!
We can be a miserable lot up north and success and expectancy don't sit well with some of us.
Hopefully joes success can help to change perceptions.
I have indeed Bazza. Since the day it was posted I was waiting to come back with that....but even I didn't dare to do so until we had secured the 3 wins. Optimism is a different thing to fecking lunacy or idiocy- Maybe some of you Ulstermen and women should print that bit out and hang it somewhere in yer houses. :D :D
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Sadly shan we would have to take our flegs down to create space and thats not going to happen.
NEVER NEVER NEVER!
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Just watched last 2 weeks `highlights,` of the Aviva premiership which I had sky plussed and it made me grateful for the pro 12.
Its easy to see why England are in the position they are in, lacking creativity and stumbling to find a back line that can perform the most basic of skills.
I had to watch most of it on x30 it was so dull.

22 of the tries were from forward drives and very few sides showed any sort of creativity to score as most of the other tries were through pressured defensive errors and most of the points were penalties.
Dire stuff really and it translates into their national side.

At the top international level that is not good enough and they may bully Italy or Scotland but not the ABs and the Springbox.
Whether its good enough against the Australians we will see but England tend to do traditionally better against them as they are not as strong up front.

There needs to be a higher level of intelligence against the top sides which is virtually non exisitant in English rugby as a whole.
Their victory over the All Blacks a few years ago now bought them time but that is all but a distant memory as it looks like complete flash in the pan stuff when compared to their more recent performances.

The few bright moments I saw came from Burrell, Cipriani and Wade and there maybe half a hope if they get them involved.
However I fear that its too late for England as they are badly in need of an entire cultural overhaul rather than quick fixes.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Guscott tried to slag off the P12 in the Wales analysis and Ali Williams soon shut him right up

Basically Guscott was like, Wales will never win anything with the P12 ans Williams was like, Ireland and Scotland are doing well with the right NZ model. What have England won

Guscott soon shut up until Jiffy rambled on
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Yes, that was most amusing! Unfortunately only those that wish to listen will have heard and the comments were hurriedly passed over and on to anything else. :D
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

bazzaj wrote:Just watched last 2 weeks `highlights,` of the Aviva premiership which I had sky plussed and it made me grateful for the pro 12.
Its easy to see why England are in the position they are in, lacking creativity and stumbling to find a back line that can perform the most basic of skills.

Etc......
Feck Bazza you are truly a warrior or is that a sucker for punishment. :D

Agree with you. The only way a limited game plan could work is if your forwards were so superior to the opposition you dominated the game and locked down your opponent. England have good strong forwards but they are not good enough to dismantle any of the top teams.

Some folk were saying last year that England were better in the backline than us. I can't think of a single one of their players from 9 to 15 that I would take a present of for Ireland. Not even sure I'd take any of their forwards either. Certainly none from 4 to 8 anyway.

I think we got caught by the snaps last year. I expect us to beat them this year.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

bazzaj wrote:Sadly shan we would have to take our flegs down to create space and thats not going to happen.
NEVER NEVER NEVER!
:lol: :lol: Love it.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

I want to hear your opinions on the munster v ulster thread and all shan.
A potential fire cracker of a game!
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Shan wrote:
bazzaj wrote:Just watched last 2 weeks `highlights,` of the Aviva premiership which I had sky plussed and it made me grateful for the pro 12.

Etc......
Feck Bazza you are truly a warrior or is that a sucker for punishment. :D

Agree with you. The only way a limited game plan could work is if your forwards were so superior to the opposition you dominated the game and locked down your opponent. England have good strong forwards but they are not good enough to dismantle any of the top teams.

Some folk were saying last year that England were better in the backline than us. I can't think of a single one of their players from 9 to 15 that I would take a present of for Ireland. Not even sure I'd take any of their forwards either. Certainly none from 4 to 8 anyway.

I think we got caught by the snaps last year. I expect us to beat them this year.
Any of their 12s
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

bazzaj wrote:I want to hear your opinions on the munster v ulster thread and all shan.
A potential fire cracker of a game!
Done Bazza. Fire at will. :D