Commonwealth Games Rugby 7s

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Commonwealth Games Rugby 7s

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
Russ wrote:Excellent documentary on commonwealth 86, thatcher, her relationship with the royals and apartheid

Easterby Out
Russ. UAFC's young fogey.
Merv are you suggesting Russ strides to work bedecked head to toe in the latest Harris Tweed (designed around 1850), has a bow tie collection, admires Jacob Rees-Mogg's dress sense and sterling good manners, believes tea to be the drink of winners and has already joined the local Conservative Club, making him the youngest member since Hague the embryo?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
Russ wrote:Excellent documentary on commonwealth 86, thatcher, her relationship with the royals and apartheid

Easterby Out
Russ. UAFC's young fogey.
Merv are you suggesting Russ strides to work bedecked head to toe in the latest Harris Tweed (designed around 1850), has a bow tie collection, admires Jacob Rees-Mogg's dress sense and sterling good manners, believes tea to be the drink of winners and has already joined the local Conservative Club, making him the youngest member since Hague the embryo?
Light grey suit, white shirt and luminous pink tie today

Easterby Out
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Don't let my mate McNulty from Ballyshannon hear that Shan or there'll be wigs on the green. I do catch yer drift however >EW

My the way for the education of all, as John often tells me, McNulty the Anglicised version of Mac an Ultaigh means "son of the Ulsterman", a fact of which he is inordinately pleased. :D
Absolutely brother. In my times in London I have not called round for tea at the palace. There's simply a ton of other far better things to be doing.

Mac an Ultaighs are descendants of those who were effectively run out of early Ulster into the West which of course is now Ulster and North Connacht. Think they took on the name as a memory of their roots.

Lot of feckers were run out of a lot of places back in those days about a millenium ago. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I'm in heaven, playing lots of Rory on uChube.

Yes!!! I have often wondered if youtube would still be available to me if I manage to end up in the land of eternal paradise. Now this will give me renewed energy to do all in my power to get on the right hand side of the highway. Thanks Baggy. :D
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

big mervyn wrote:
:roll:
This reminds me of when we were in work back about 2000 and a few of us were talking about "The Who". One of the only slightly younger poor feckers hadn't a clue what we were on about. For some the world only started in 1990. Even the Creationists know it's a bit older than that. :D
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

Here he is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWSr1Aw0EBA
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Sometimes I listen to Rory, especially when there is some brass in the mix and hear a raw "E Street Band" sound with out all the production. I love blues music and though there are numerous utter magicians in the genre, ould Rory takes a bit of beating for raw power and dare I say soul.

Quality, I really should listen more often & give the Boss, Green Day & Morrison - may current playlist - a well deserved break. Come to think of it, since I'm off to Espana the marra, no better time. :D
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rory is a top golfee

Easterby Out
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I had pictured you as a royal superfan like this after yesterday.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:Image

I'd love to take a cricket bat to that idiot. Calling him a p-rick would be inadequate, thon biy could make a full cactus.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Dave wrote:Image

I'd love to take a cricket bat to that idiot. Calling him a p-rick would be inadequate, thon biy could make a full cactus.
I know Baggy, wearing converse with a suit is so 1996.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Nothing wrong with national pride

Coincidentally I'm spending the day watcjing british cyclists on The Mall tomorrow - might wear my UR onesie

Easterby Out
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Russ wrote:Who the flip is Rory Gallagher?

Easterby Out
That's it russ. You are now officially on my ignore list. >EF
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

pwrmoore wrote:
Russ wrote:Who the flip is Rory Gallagher?

Easterby Out
That's it russ. You are now officially on my ignore list. >EF
Yay

Easterby Out
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Sometimes I listen to Rory, especially when there is some brass in the mix and hear a raw "E Street Band" sound with out all the production. I love blues music and though there are numerous utter magicians in the genre, ould Rory takes a bit of beating for raw power and dare I say soul.

Quality, I really should listen more often & give the Boss, Green Day & Morrison - may current playlist - a well deserved break. Come to think of it, since I'm off to Espana the marra, no better time. :D
Joe Bonamassa should be added to that list. Rory reborn.