Womens World Cup 2014

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

LadyP
Novice

Womens World Cup 2014

Post by LadyP »

If anyone is interested

The Ireland team to play the USA in the opening Pool B game in the IRB Women’s Rugby World Cup tomorrow (4.0, Irish time) at Marcoussis outside Paris has been named.
Head coach, Philip Doyle, has chosen an experienced side, with all bar one of the starting team in possession on a Grand Slam medal. Niamh Briggs is named at fullback with Ashleigh Baxter and Alison Miller completing the back three combination.
In the centre, Lynne Cantwell is partnered by Grace Davitt with Nora Stapleton and Tania Rosser taking the half back positions.
Doyle admitted: “The team selection was a difficult one. We are in a very lucky position of having a strong squad to pick from. The atmosphere has been building up in camp all week and it’s time to go, the players can’t wait to get out on the pitch and get the campaign started.”
The game will be televised live on TG4 at 4pm

Ireland: Niamh Briggs (UL Bohemians/Munster); Ashleigh Baxter (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster), Lynne Cantwell (Richmond RFC/Exiles), Grace Davitt (Cooke/Ulster), Alison Miller (Portlaoise/Connacht), Nora Stapleton (Old Belvedere/Leinster), Tania Rosser (Blackrock/Leinster); Fiona Coghlan (UL Bohemians/Leinster), Gillian Bourke (UL Bohemians/Munster), Ailis Egan (Old Belvedere/Leinster); Sophie Spence (Old Belvedere/Leinster), Marie Louise Reilly (Old Belvedere/Leinster); Siobhan Fleming (Tralee/Munster), Claire Molloy (Bristol/Connacht), Heather O’Brien (Highfield RFC/Munster). Replacements: Sharon Lynch (Old Belvedere/Leinster), Fiona Hayes (UL Bohemians/Munster), Laura Guest (Highfield/Munster), Paula Fitzpatrick (St Mary’s College/Leinster), Larissa Muldoon (Bristol/Exiles), Jenny Murphy (Old Belvedere/Leinster), Jackie Shiels (Richmond RFC/Exiles)
"This doesn't look good Parker"
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Womens World Cup 2014

Post by Russ »

Buzzing

Easterby Out
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Good luck to them, the most successful Irish team of the last few years.

G'wan yis girls, get into them bitches. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Anyone got a link to watch this?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

Looking forward to it - C'mon Ireland :cheers:
Finished
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

Setanta wrote:Anyone got a link to watch this?
http://www.irb.com/live/video.html
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Yeah, thanks. I had tried for the NZ match and at first it didn't work. Thanks again.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

23-17 win. Much more convincing than the score would suggest.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
cardweg
Novice

Post by cardweg »

Well done girls. first scalp collected. USA 17:23 IRL
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

Looks like today is a big challenge, can they beat NZ?

http://www.irishrugby.ie/news/32221.php#.U-B1h9oaySM

Live on Sky Sports 1 and TG4, 4 Ulster girls in the team
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

COYGIG!!! Don't really see it unfortunately but think it will be closer than many think.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Lady P, you aren't by any chance my old "friend with benefits", Bunty Pisswater ? Great girl she was and a splendid shag, now if only she peed Guinness instead of water we could have been in business. I heard she married some blue blood, or was it a blue nose, with a huge parcel of land up around the seven towers.

Happy days.

Anyway I digress, I have to assume that because today's enemy will be in black with a silver fern they are unbeatable by any team in green. What do you think the ladies's chances are, speaking as a woman?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Lady P, you aren't by any chance my old "friend with benefits", Bunty Pisswater ? Great girl she was and a splendid shag, now if only she peed Guinness instead of water we could have been in business. I heard she married some blue blood, or was it a blue nose, with a huge parcel of land up around the seven towers.

Happy days.

Anyway I digress, I have to assume that because today's enemy will be in black with a silver fern they are unbeatable by any team in green. What do you think the ladies's chances are, speaking as a woman?
All things are possible :thumleft:
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Clear penalty try not given, two wrongly called forward passes, one high hit not called and playon led to NZ try. This black thing works in the women's game as well! Ireland by far the better team. 8-7 at h/t - COYGIG!! Justice will prevail, keep it up!
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Congrats to the ladies for a tremendous win against the Blacks
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.