Post by Shan »

Russ wrote:
Shan wrote:
Madigan 22
An other 23

Payne maybe

Dorce p45

I feel your pain. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ireland v Oz

Post by Russ »

Shan wrote:
Russ wrote:
Shan wrote:
Madigan 22
An other 23

Payne maybe

Dorce p45

I feel your pain. :D
Man has gone on too long
Like Rodge
Like BoD

Though Schmidt looks to have been able to negate the BoD disaster thus far
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

To even suggest dropping POM is an outrage. He's a beast when he's playing for Ireland and as Shan says, he's probably the next captain once POC is gone.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

ruckover wrote:To even suggest dropping POM is an outrage. He's a beast when he's playing for Ireland and as Shan says, he's probably the next captain once POC is gone.
Well - he did not attempt to throttle anyone in the last couple of games - that's a good start.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Shan
Madigan is a reasonable gainline 12 and sound kicker. But a very limited 10 and 15 thus given D 'Arcy"s age inhibits his ability to play a full 80 minutes at international level and the fact that Sexton is targeted and becoming prone to injury it makes Magigan an ideal 23 but I don't consider him to be a natural for a starting 15 place at either 10 - 12 or 15 when there are players who are better in each of those positions .

That said I can see him as a starter for an A side in a World Cup when the first choice players are to be rested but this selection is because of his kicking rather than his ability in any of the positions he can play

a great player to have in a squad but
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Spiffsson wrote:
ruckover wrote:To even suggest dropping POM is an outrage. He's a beast when he's playing for Ireland and as Shan says, he's probably the next captain once POC is gone.
Well - he did not attempt to throttle anyone in the last couple of games - that's a good start.
I like it when he does!

So much D'Arcy hatred. Sure he doesn't pick the team.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

damianmcr wrote:
Spiffsson wrote:
I like it when he does!

Yet has a central contract so is guaranteed a start
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Correct on both counts. The man I would suggest is most under threat is Heaslip, but I still expect him to make it with Henry dropping to the bench.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

RTE did a good piece of high tec analysis on the Oz 'forward pass' before the try and it wasn't forward.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:RTE did a good piece of high tec analysis on the Oz 'forward pass' before the try and it wasn't forward.
Score.ie did too and it was forward
Id have Murray Kinsella over O'Shea any day
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

With SOB in the side it will allow Schmidt to expand on his game plan to have a powerful carrier in the pack, which we lack without him.
POM has sown up 6 so its between 8 or 7 for SOB as he is too good to leave out.
Have to say Heaslip may not be the most dymanic but his tidying up play and scrapping is excellent along with his experience.
Therefore I personally think its 7 for SOB and Henry has now slipped behind Ruddock in the most unfortunate of circumstances.

Any way you look at it we have good options in the back row, which is where we want to be going into a world cup.
Just need copious amounts of cotton wool for Sexton, Murray and POC who we simply cannot afford to lose.
TMHG
Initiate

Post by TMHG »

Russ wrote:
damianmcr wrote:
Spiffsson wrote:
I like it when he does!

Yet has a central contract so is guaranteed a start[/quote

He doesn't have a central contract and hasn't for a long time.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

The jury is out big time on SOB coming back.
I really hope he does return but, like Ferris found out, those backrow positions are really attritional and give you only a limited playing span. We need a really good ball carrier in the backrow. Ruddock is not bad but we could do better.
By the way, how does Richie McCaw keep doing it for NZ?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dublin4 wrote:By the way, how does Richie McCaw keep doing it for NZ?
Not having to play against NZ probably helps.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Dublin4 wrote:The jury is out big time on SOB coming back.
I really hope he does return but, like Ferris found out, those backrow positions are really attritional and give you only a limited playing span. We need a really good ball carrier in the backrow. Ruddock is not bad but we could do better.
By the way, how does Richie McCaw keep doing it for NZ?
Richie had a season off last year to rest up. It seems to have worked well for him/NZ.
The NZ back row of McCaw/Read/Kaino is a really well balanced unit, best in world rugby.