Ireland v Oz

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ireland v Oz

Post by Shan »

rumncoke wrote:Shan
Madigan is a reasonable gainline 12 and sound kicker. But a very limited 10 and 15 thus given D 'Arcy"s age inhibits his ability to play a full 80 minutes at international level and the fact that Sexton is targeted and becoming prone to injury it makes Magigan an ideal 23 but I don't consider him to be a natural for a starting 15 place at either 10 - 12 or 15 when there are players who are better in each of those positions .

That said I can see him as a starter for an A side in a World Cup when the first choice players are to be rested but this selection is because of his kicking rather than his ability in any of the positions he can play

a great player to have in a squad but

Don't agree. Think he is excellent at 12. Not sure why you are saying the rest to me as I never mentioned 10 or 15 and indeed am well on record here as saying I believe he is a 12.

Agree on the Darcy comment and while he is in the side I'm happy to see Madigan on the bench. But I'd like to see him given a couple of 6n games at 12.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

bazzaj wrote:With SOB in the side it will allow Schmidt to expand on his game plan to have a powerful carrier in the pack, which we lack without him.
POM has sown up 6 so its between 8 or 7 for SOB as he is too good to leave out.
Have to say Heaslip may not be the most dymanic but his tidying up play and scrapping is excellent along with his experience.
Therefore I personally think its 7 for SOB and Henry has now slipped behind Ruddock in the most unfortunate of circumstances.

Any way you look at it we have good options in the back row, which is where we want to be going into a world cup.
Just need copious amounts of cotton wool for Sexton, Murray and POC who we simply cannot afford to lose.

Agreed but Joe needs to develop a plan which does not include SOB. It is as likely he won't return or that if he does he will be fecked after 1 game. Joe can't hide from the reality that SOB is now doubtful for Ireland.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

TMHG wrote:

He doesn't have a central contract and hasn't for a long time.

Please stop quoting facts TMHG. It is very upsetting for some of the whinge masters. :D
HoneyBadger
Novice

Post by HoneyBadger »

Shan wrote:
bazzaj wrote:With SOB in the side it will allow Schmidt to expand on his game plan to have a powerful carrier in the pack, which we lack without him.
Have to say Heaslip may not be the most dymanic but his tidying up play and scrapping is excellent along with his experience.
Therefore I personally think its 7 for SOB and Henry has now slipped behind Ruddock in the most unfortunate of circumstances.

Any way you look at it we have good options in the back row, which is where we want to be going into a world cup.
Just need copious amounts of cotton wool for Sexton, Murray and POC who we simply cannot afford to lose.

Agreed but Joe needs to develop a plan which does not include SOB. It is as likely he won't return or that if he does he will be fecked after 1 game. Joe can't hide from the reality that SOB is now doubtful for Ireland.
Yeah he seems to be doing alright without him, I'm sure Joe will come up with something. Image

Payne - Ireland's best 13.
Using Tapatalk
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Shan wrote:

Thats Joes Schmidt`s apparent genius in that he can adapt his sides to whatever players he has at his disposal and get the best out of them.
As I said before I don`t think the likes of POM or POC could expect to easily adapt to a traditional Leinster game plan in the same way that Sexton and some Leinster players struggled to play a Munster game plan under DK.
The two styles of play are too different and I think Joe probably realised that after his first game in charge against Australia.

Where Joe has been really clever and successful is that he subsequently developed a compromise style with the intensity and multi phase heads up stuff of Leinster, in the a more structured pressure based game plan of Munster, with the half backs dictating play.
That is something that both cultures can buy into as well as playing to our strengths.

As for SOB I really hope to seeing him in an Irish shirt soon.
He is one of the worlds best on his day.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

bazzaj wrote:
Shan wrote:

As for SOB I really hope to seeing him in an Irish shirt soon.
He is one of the worlds best on his day.
Me too but I want to keep those hopes under wraps right now so I am not too disappointed if the rumours prove to be correct.

As for the rest of your post I'd agree to a large extent.....maybe even 95% but that's as far as I am prepared to go for fear I may fecking well turn into an Ulsterman.....that would nearly be worse than being a Dub. :D :D
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Jeez Shan. You can't blame us for trying to lure you to the white side. Following this Friday night your journey will be complete. :vader:
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Shan admittedly Madigan is a better 12 than either 10 or 15 but he a very ordinary ( ball in hand ) and really only becomes dangerous when playing 10 metres short of the line what puts him on the bench is his kicking from the tee.

10 metres from the line there are few better unfortunately being 10 metres from the line only happens 2 or 3 times a game and to be effective the ball has to passed to him ( which is the big factor )

Defensively he very sound and effective .

It is the fact his game is uninspired outside the 10 metre range makes me believe they are better 12s available .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Shan admittedly Madigan is a better 12 than either 10 or 15 but he a very ordinary ( ball in hand ) and really only becomes dangerous when playing 10 metres short of the line what puts him on the bench is his kicking from the tee.

10 metres from the line there are few better unfortunately being 10 metres from the line only happens 2 or 3 times a game and to be effective the ball has to passed to him ( which is the big factor )

Defensively he very sound and effective .

It is the fact his game is uninspired outside the 10 metre range makes me believe they are better 12s available .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

So good he had to say it twice
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Russ wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:RTE did a good piece of high tec analysis on the Oz 'forward pass' before the try and it wasn't forward.
Score.ie did too and it was forward
Id have Murray Kinsella over O'Shea any day
I take it you didn't see the RTE one then? It wasn't opinion from the panel. RTE put a virtual horizontal and vertical plane on the line of Phipps' release of the ball and the ball didn't cross it. Hawk-eye has spoken.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Russ wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:RTE did a good piece of high tec analysis on the Oz 'forward pass' before the try and it wasn't forward.
Score.ie did too and it was forward
Id have Murray Kinsella over O'Shea any day
I take it you didn't see the RTE one then? It wasn't opinion from the panel. RTE put a virtual horizontal and vertical plane on the line of Phipps' release of the ball and the ball didn't cross it. Hawk-eye has spoken.
I believe internet reporter over 2 bit hackjob so called state broadcaster of a bankrupt state
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1416955801262.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1416955801262.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1416955801262.jpg (170.3 KiB) Viewed 1414 times
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BR wrote:[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1416955801262.jpg[/attachment]
That's the very chap.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Clearly forward