RBS 6 Nations 2015

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: RBS 6 Nations 2015

Post by Dave »

I hear they want relegation in the 6n. Sorry Scotland.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Bonus points would be a farce in the 6N it's just too short a competition. Part of the charm of the 6 Nations is that it is quirky and skewed because of the way the fixtures alternate.
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Snipe Watson wrote:Bonus points would be a farce in the 6N it's just too short a competition. Part of the charm of the 6 Nations is that it is quirky and skewed because of the way the fixtures alternate.
Only way they could bring in a BP system, IMO, would be to have a home and away leg in every 6N.

I like points difference, I like the 6N, I wouldn't change it. Saturday was an excellent advertisement for NH rugby.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BuckRogers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Bonus points would be a farce in the 6N it's just too short a competition. Part of the charm of the 6 Nations is that it is quirky and skewed because of the way the fixtures alternate.
Only way they could bring in a BP system, IMO, would be to have a home and away leg in every 6N.

I like points difference, I like the 6N, I wouldn't change it. Saturday was an excellent advertisement for NH rugby.
Could not agree more.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

They'd have to make it biennial like the 6Nb. I suppose they could still have a potential Grand Slam, 3C, etc each year.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BuckRogers wrote:

Gentlemen I agree completely, however there will be a concerted effort to bring in bonus points. The Saxons will demand it in the name of "fairness", sure when did they ever know the value of anything?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

I don't think the Saxons will be able to strong arm the other unions the way the PRL/LNR clubs have strong armed the same Unions actually.

It's a very traditional tournament and I can't see the appetite for change at present.
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:Well I guess I have to say as you beat us in Dublin the best side won..............just.
Oh and Baggy Lawes tackle was exactly what living on the edge these days is about, his timing was spot on as was his technique. Remember he did it twice in one game to Toby Flood before he left us for sunnier climes. Back in the day I recall everyone tried to do it to Les Cusworth, both in a Tigers shirt and an England one, it's not a new thing in the game, the slow mo replays are the new thing.

Thanks for that TB but as I've already had similar advice here, I'll disregard what you say as I disregarded others. I can't show you any special treatment just because you are an Englishman.

The clues are there, Lawes was only borderline late, that mattered not a jot to him, he knew he wasn't going to stop Plisson from making the pass, he was 5 feet from Plisson when the ball was released. He simply got away with it, knew he was late but not hugely so, he saw the chance to do damage (Why is it always small men do you think?) and he went after it 100%, a cowards hit on an unprotected back & neck, similar in intent to Pascal Pape, designed to damage, but less clearly illegal.

Now in England that may pass as "good hit", some here agree with that, not me, it reminds me of the detritus that floats on ponds, pondscum I believe it's called. Lawes is a decent player, a fine athlete but he is a cheap shot merchant with loads of previous, just like his club skipper. I despise such players with a passion, I wouldn't pish on him if he were alight.
Fair comment Baggy, but the officials looked at it, endlessly and came to the conclusion that it was ok. Now if the consensus is we don't like it, then the laws need looked at. The ten has always been a target, they were when I played back in the 1970's, I've seen the odd broken rib, even back then. I have no time for anything related to the Northampton Sinners, the way they defended Clark when he broke our hookers arm deliberately whilst he was pinned down in a ruck will forever put the bar steward at the bottom of the cess pit, but it ain't Lawes fault.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

tigerburnie wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:Well I guess I have to say as you beat us in Dublin the best side won..............just.
Oh and Baggy Lawes tackle was exactly what living on the edge these days is about, his timing was spot on as was his technique. Remember he did it twice in one game to Toby Flood before he left us for sunnier climes. Back in the day I recall everyone tried to do it to Les Cusworth, both in a Tigers shirt and an England one, it's not a new thing in the game, the slow mo replays are the new thing.

Thanks for that TB but as I've already had similar advice here, I'll disregard what you say as I disregarded others. I can't show you any special treatment just because you are an Englishman.

The clues are there, Lawes was only borderline late, that mattered not a jot to him, he knew he wasn't going to stop Plisson from making the pass, he was 5 feet from Plisson when the ball was released. He simply got away with it, knew he was late but not hugely so, he saw the chance to do damage (Why is it always small men do you think?) and he went after it 100%, a cowards hit on an unprotected back & neck, similar in intent to Pascal Pape, designed to damage, but less clearly illegal.

Now in England that may pass as "good hit", some here agree with that, not me, it reminds me of the detritus that floats on ponds, pondscum I believe it's called. Lawes is a decent player, a fine athlete but he is a cheap shot merchant with loads of previous, just like his club skipper. I despise such players with a passion, I wouldn't pish on him if he were alight.
Fair comment Baggy, but the officials looked at it, endlessly and came to the conclusion that it was ok. Now if the consensus is we don't like it, then the laws need looked at. The ten has always been a target, they were when I played back in the 1970's, I've seen the odd broken rib, even back then. I have no time for anything related to the Northampton Sinners, the way they defended Clark when he broke our hookers arm deliberately whilst he was pinned down in a ruck will forever put the bar steward at the bottom of the cess pit, but it ain't Lawes fault.
Yes TB, I know all that, targeting the 10 and all that good old stuff. Why I stick to my guns on this is simply on the basis that I know without doubt that he knew he was not getting there in time to affect the pass but just decided to try to maim Plisson, I can't support that, I wouldn't support an Ulster player in the same circumstances, despite what Snipe says - unless it was on Dylan Hartley of course, he deserves anything he gets.

Oh yeah & Callum Clark is the lowest of the low, he should have been given a life ban, absolutely disgusting thuggery. A bit like the rapist wendyballer, no place in the game, feck off elsewhere and make a living, get a job, not being paid for your hobby. Your disciplinary people let themselves & their league down.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

The more I see the Lawes tackle the more it is a clear red

He hits a man late, the force of the hit lift him beyond the horizontal and he is driven head first into the ground
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Russ wrote:The more I see the Lawes tackle the more it is a clear red

He hits a man late, the force of the hit lift him beyond the horizontal and he is driven head first into the ground
If it was late and I don't think it was, then yes he should have been penalised. As for the beyond the horizontal and head driven into the ground..... give me a break.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Snipe Watson wrote:

If it was late and I don't think it was, then yes he should have been penalised. As for the beyond the horizontal and head driven into the ground..... give me a break.
Like a neck break, Snipe?
Bo***cks to Brexit
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

I've put my argument over about the Lawes tackle and cant be bothered to do it again.
The only thing I can say is the world's best offical Nigel Owens saw nothing in it even after close scrutiny, either did any rugby experts I am aware of as well as Stephen Jones.
Owens has been roundly praised for his decision Iin fact.
What are all of us seeing so differently from people on here?

1. He is English
2, He is Lawes
3.The reaction to the apparent injustice of the Payne v Sarries red card.

Thats my best guess but the Lawes is a bully thing makes me laugh the most.
Hes supposed to be.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

bazzaj wrote:I've put my argument over about the Lawes tackle and cant be bothered to do it again.
The only thing I can say is the world's best offical Nigel Owens saw nothing in it even after close scrutiny, either did any rugby experts I am aware of as well as Stephen Jones.
Owens has been roundly praised for his decision Iin fact.
What are all of us seeing so differently from people on here?

1. He is English
2, He is Lawes
3.The reaction to the apparent injustice of the Payne v Sarries red card.

Thats my best guess but the Lawes is a bully thing makes me laugh the most.
Hes supposed to be.
It was gbh
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rocky wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

If it was late and I don't think it was, then yes he should have been penalised. As for the beyond the horizontal and head drivfen into the ground..... give me a break.
Like a neck break, Snipe?

Exactly the point Rocky, it was reckless and seriously dangerous...... oh yes and absolutely deliberate and designed to damage.