U20 6 Nations

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: U20 6 Nations

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dream on Dub......
The level of brutality at Pro12 level is eons ahead of the u20 never mind full international.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

I seem to remember a 20 year old going on a summer tour with Ireland In 1999 who had never played for his province, getting his first cap and featuring in the RWC of ignominious infamy later that year, then scoring a hat trick in Paris.
Name escapes me.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dublin4 wrote:I seem to remember a 20 year old going on a summer tour with Ireland In 1999 who had never played for his province, getting his first cap and featuring in the RWC of ignominious infamy later that year, then scoring a hat trick in Paris.
Name escapes me.
Think that man played on 2 years longer than his ability allowed for
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Who was it? [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE] lol
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Dublin4 wrote:I seem to remember a 20 year old going on a summer tour with Ireland In 1999 who had never played for his province, getting his first cap and featuring in the RWC of ignominious infamy later that year, then scoring a hat trick in Paris.
Name escapes me.
Ack sure lets apply that model to every player who looks decent in the u20s...
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Ringrose isn't just any u20.
Remember last year he was shortlisted for u20 world player of the year at 19.
He is even better this year.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

So why isn't he starting for Leinster?
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

good question.
I think he may well be very soon.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Dublin4 wrote:good question.
I think he may well be very soon.
And then off to the world
Cup?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dublin4 wrote:Ringrose isn't just any u20.
Remember last year he was shortlisted for u20 world player of the year at 19.
He is even better this year.
Leinster have a black hole at centre since BOD retired and D'Arce faded to ignominy and have yet to give this reincarnation of BOD a game? Away up the yard with ya.........
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Spiffsson wrote:Watching the U20 Ireland v England game. Gary Ringrose has just made a sizzling outside break to carve up the England midfield. This lad looks about ready for the full International team already. Some other talented players out there too.
FFS I've just seen him being skinned for the winning try, ready for the full international team?????????????????????

My hole he is ready, how many Leinster appearances to date????????????? As many as feck all.

Were you offyertits when you wrote that Spiffer? Everyone say he has a great career in front of him but when he forces his way into the Mexican team then we'll see how ready he is.
Fair enough. I stopped watching to look at Ulster and did not see him skinned. Payers at all levels do miss tackles sometimes. It's easy to generalize about young players, but every now and again one come along who looks a bit special. Ringrose looks such a player to me, and I've been impressed every time I've seen him.Yes, he is on the skinny side and has to fill out a bit. As for not playing for Leinster, you'd have to ask the coach. The Leinster midfield has looked fairly pedestrian this year and could use a bit of oomph. I feel he could hold his own or better and would quite like to see him pitched in, as Henshaw was for Connacht at an even younger age.
He might even be a better 13 than Payne!!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I don't doubt the guys talent but I'm not overly keen on hyperbole unless it's about Big Licence the much underused loosie. :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I don't doubt the guys talent but I'm not overly keen on hyperbole unless it's about Big Licence the much underused loosie. :lol:
Nor am I. But I don't see any outstanding Irish 13s on the scene. Fitz is not up to it at international level; Earls is a wing, and a pretty good one; Cave is good but not really on Schmidt's radar or else he would have started the last two Ireland games; Henshaw is the best of the lot but looks as though he's now converted to 12. Might as well take a punt on a young kid of obvious talent. I think Ringrose has been involved already in Ireland training camps. In the past, Tony O'Reilly, David Hewitt, Mike Gibson and Brian O'Driscoll, just to name a few, have been successfully fast tracked and played for Ireland at a young age, without a lot of senior experience. It's all a bit of a gamble really. My opinions are somewhat driven by the fact that I'm not at all interested in seeing Payne play 13 for Ireland, for a variety of reasons, and I'm fed up with conservative selections of players who are nothing special. Yes - Ringrose will not play in the 6N, and probably not the RWC. But he will play for Ireland, hopefully sooner rather than later, and I think he will be very good.
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Name escapes me.

Different time.
It's the hope that kills you.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:
Name escapes me.

Different time.
Also helps that his uncle was an ex Ireland international