Henderson

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Henderson

Post by Spiffsson »

Henderson got a scant five minutes at the end of the game, but made at least three massive contributions that could potentially have been match saving. With a tiring Irish pack, and an obvious need for a powerful carrier, I can't understand why Schmidt left it so late to give him a run. What a waste of an outstanding talent. Or am I missing something here?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Henderson

Post by BR »

He may have been earlier if Best hadn't been binned
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Was thinking exactly the same thing myself Spiff.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

He should have been on at half time for SOB. If I was Joe I might have thought it worthwhile to leave SOB on all game with a view to getting him back to full strength as he obviously thought but on a one game view he was a passenger. Of course the stats will say he was second or third highest tackler. What they won't say is that he had close to f-ck all impact from about the 30 minute mark.

Problem is, and I don't like this, they see Hendo's long term future in the second row.

Of course you could argue he then should have come on earlier for Toner......
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:He may have been earlier if Best hadn't been binned
This is why........I'd say
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

I thought the same. Use him more or let him get game time with us, he needs to develop into the monster he will become, and needs game time.

Having said that, he was impressive when he came on!!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Eggs wrote:I thought the same. Use him more or let him get game time with us, he needs to develop into the monster he will become, and needs game time.

60 mins next Friday is just what he needs. Any chance of Joe releasing him?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

big mervyn wrote:
Eggs wrote:I thought the same. Use him more or let him get game time with us, he needs to develop into the monster he will become, and needs game time.

I'd be very surprised if he doesn't. Unless he wants to start him against England which I doubt.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Snipe Watson wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

I'd be very surprised if he doesn't. Unless he wants to start him against England which I doubt.
Is there currently a better ball carrier than Henderson in the Ireland squad, including SOB? I say no. Never mind his powerful tackling and counterrucking. And he blooody well should start.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

I was confidently looking forward to going to Embra next week until last night's performance in Ravers and Embra's result against Ospreys. Hendo would give us the extra bite that we badly need at the minute.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Spiffsson wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

Is there currently a better ball carrier than Henderson in the Ireland squad, including SOB? I say no. Never mind his powerful tackling and counterrucking. And he blooody well should start.
They are very different carriers. Both are needed
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

I am not suggesting that SOB be dropped for Henderson. Don't know the prognosis on Heaslip's injury for the England game. If he is out, I'd start a back row of Henderson (6), SOB (8) and POM (7).
If he is not out, I'd start Henderson ahead of Toner at lock anyway. It's easy to see which one of them contributes more around the field, and the lineout would not be weakened by Hendo's inclusion. I believe that Henderson is too good to leave out of the Ireland starting XV, but I'm not the coach, and obviously Joe does not agree. Five minutes off the bench for a player of that class is a joke.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Haha, Jordi Murphy getting picked up and tossed aside at a ruck towards the end was hilarious. Lightweight and miles below the required standard. But he plays in Blue so.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Toners there cos he's a banker at line out time, and serious disruption on oppo ball. BUT, Hendo is superior in every other aspect, including scrummaging, which is why he must start against England, especially with Heaslip out and SOB not match fit. Backrow v Angleterre will be interesting. Has Pom played 7 recently? Hendo, SOB POM. Or POM & SOB alternating on put-in. Suspect they will go with Ragdoll though. Allez les Mexico Blues!
It almost sounds like I care. :red:
Exterminate all rational thought
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:Toners there cos he's a banker at line out time, and serious disruption on oppo ball. BUT, Hendo is superior in every other aspect, including scrummaging, which is why he must start against England, especially with Heaslip out and SOB not match fit. Backrow v Angleterre will be interesting. Has Pom played 7 recently? Hendo, SOB POM. Or POM & SOB alternating on put-in. Suspect they will go with Ragdoll though. Allez les Mexico Blues!
It almost sounds like I care. :red:
Let's make one thing clear. When Toner came into the Ireland team I thought he was a big lanky waste of space, but he has developed a real hard edge and grown into a strong performer. The reason he is there is because he is a very good player.
His abilities go well beyond lineout.