6 Nations team of tournament and summary

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: 6 Nations team of tournament and summary

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:I thought Heaslip looked poor yesterday (espec 1st half). 'poor' by his own standards, I suppose. I wondered was he fit. He tightened up 2nd half to be fair.
FFS BR, the classic demonstration of what I'm talking about. Back from 3 cracked vertebrae, in Caaaaadiff, he was the only Irish player to make yards through tackles. Heaslip is a man not popular in Ulster but the reality is he has more than earned our respect. He won the 6Ns yesterday with what should go down in Irish Rugby history as "the immaculate tackle".

I disagree with you fundamentally, I thought him superb yesterday, followed Paulie's lead and was all over the pitch, working his balls off.

Amen
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
FFS BR, the classic demonstration of what I'm talking about. Back from 3 cracked vertebrae, in Caaaaadiff, he was the only Irish player to make yards through tackles. Heaslip is a man not popular in Ulster but the reality is he has more than earned our respect. He won the 6Ns yesterday with what should go down in Irish Rugby history as "the immaculate tackle".

I disagree with you fundamentally, I thought him superb yesterday, followed Paulie's lead and was all over the pitch, working his balls off.

Amen
He's not liked in Munster either Baggy. I think a lot of rugby fans prefer to see 8's who look great carrying the ball 3 or 4 times during the game and don't bother looking to see anything else the player may be doing for the other 78 minutes of the game. Similar to folk who think Nick Williams is great- they only have 2 minute concentrate levels for every 80 minutes in the day. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

G'wan up the yard >TDRT

Fat Nick is quality. >EW .................................. when he turns up. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Heaslip is amongst the very finest no.8s Ireland has produced yet he is a taste that needs to be acquired outside of Mexico. It's a shame, he's a hell if a player. I thought he was bloody good yesterday. Unseen work has been the curse of many very good Irish players. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

On first viewing he was responsible for a couple of turn overs to Scotland early on. I also condemned him as guilty for a few defensive mistakes. I believe it was on this thread I suggested he should be replaced. Until I rewatch the game in a cooler environment, I'm prepared to stand by that. Maybe Joe mentioned my concerns to him at HT and he improved markedly.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk