RWC on ITV.........Christ

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

ITV have announced their line up for their RWC coverage

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-03-22/itv- ... -line-up/?

Murder Picture :duh: :duh: :duh:

Introduced by disgraced BBC sexist John Inverdale, the regular panel will include the following:

Big Lol, the stupidest man in Ragby as anyone who has seen BT Sport will confirm
Jonny Wilkinson's Toulon - without the Toulon bit. Very nice chap, but the most boring man in Ragby
Sir Clive, no not the inventor of the C5, Woodward, the most sickening man in Ragby
Sir Jason "5 Tackles & a Kick" Robinson, crazed loon father who doesn't let his kids out the door & has them home tutored. Bible thrashing banker.

Oh yes, there will be some non-English persons:

Representing the entire southern hemisphere, Aussie Legend & the token Blek, George Greggan
Representing the gay community, Mad Alfie, odder than a nine bob note
Representing all smug Paddies, BOD, the crooked smirked wee ballix.

So folks, I recommend that you follow my good example & don't bother looking for any fecks to give about the RWC, sounds like feckin' torture. :puker:

Errrr....................that's it
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Re: RWC on ITV.........Christ

Post by solidarity »

Wot, no Francais or Italiano? Maybe the 'inclusive' thing has its limits. If they're looking for a token European, they could do worse than Carlo Del Fava. I thought he did well for the Beeb. And he could double as a Saffer.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

In fairness George Gregan does a fantastic job for Aussie TV. Really enjoy the work he does on the Super Rugby games and is the only name on that list I can stand.

The only possible way that line-up could have been worse is if they had hired Jeremy "The only thing I love more than England is myself" Guscott.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Thank feck no Williams is there
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Well, in fairness, no Healy is a bonus, they would be hugely improved by having Will Greenwood, perhaps the most likeable Englishman in Ragby.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Russ wrote:Thank feck no Williams is there
You'll need TV3 for that.

TV3 will also have an unrivalled presentation team with Irish sports commentator Conor McNamara, former Munster academy member Murray Kinsella and rugby analyst Liam Toland joining Matt Cooper and TV3’s own Sinead Kissane for the duration of the tournament.

Former Ireland Grand Slam winner Peter Stringer and Leinster flanker Shane Jennings will join Keith Wood as a part of TV3’s team of analysts for the Rugby World Cup in England.

TV3 will broadcast exclusive free-to-air coverage of all 48 games of the tournament which kicks off this autumn, and announced its team of experts at the Merrion Hotel in Dublin today.

Former Irish captain Wood will be joined ex-Munster man Stringer and three time Heineken Cup winner Shane Jennings, as well as Sky Sports’ Stuart Barnes – one of the most respected and recognised names in Rugby broadcasting.

Also appearing as part of TV3’s coverage will be the legendary English World Cup winning flanker Neil Back, Hugo McNeill - who played for Ireland at the first Rugby World Cup in 1987 – and rugby coaching guru Matt Williams.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

I thought the line up on TV3 was bad but fecking hell I will be glad of them. That ITV lineup is the thing of nightmares. Inverdale alone is a reason to have one thinking of ways of disposing of bodies but to have all the others as well. A truly awful selection of bag sniffers......apart from Gregan who I cannot comment on as I have not seen him as a pundit before.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

I have to find me a way to get TV3 via Sky, no way could I stick that ITV line up.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Wee Woman wrote:I have to find me a way to get TV3 via Sky, no way could I stick that ITV line up.
Looks like Hobson's Choice to me WW, bawbegs on whichever channel. What TF is TV3 anyway? Irish I assume, is it like an Irish ITV or part of the RTE stable?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Apparently -
Former British and Irish Lions and Scotland coach Sir Ian McGeechan, victorious 1995 South Africa captain Francois Pienaar, New Zealand’s Sean Fitzpatrick, Australia’s Michael Lynagh and David Flatman complete the list of pundits.
But Brian Moore is pished off because ITV turned him down. >jawdrop
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Well, in fairness, no Healy is a bonus, they would be hugely improved by having Will Greenwood, perhaps the most likeable Englishman in Ragby.
I am not that fond of Will. To me, he seems to want to be liked at all costs. Too much of a bland Mr.Nice Guy with never anything remotely controversial or interesting to say. I think that much of his video analysis plays and moves is quite inaccurate too.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Well, at least they are consistent and have made everyone unhappy.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Just turn the tv volume off and put some music on and watch the rugby that way, much better idea than listening to bullexcrement from that bunch of knobs
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Spiffsson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Well, in fairness, no Healy is a bonus, they would be hugely improved by having Will Greenwood, perhaps the most likeable Englishman in Ragby.
I am not that fond of Will. To me, he seems to want to be liked at all costs. Too much of a bland Mr.Nice Guy with never anything remotely controversial or interesting to say. I think that much of his video analysis plays and moves is quite inaccurate too.
Think on this before dismissing Willibland, Spiffer. The entire England RWC winning squad when asked for their favourite moment of the RWC all went for John Wilkinson's Toulon's drop goal ..........except Greenwood. He said Elton Flatley's last kick of normal time to take the game into extra time. Why? Greenwood said he wouldn't have had the balls to kick it under that pressure.

Flatley then repeated the dose late in extra time & then JWT won the cup.

For me that has always marked Greenwood out as a little more of a thinking man, the thought occurred to me at the time, yeah he's English, but maybe he is just a good guy after all. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:I have to find me a way to get TV3 via Sky, no way could I stick that ITV line up.
Looks like Hobson's Choice to me WW, bawbegs on whichever channel. What TF is TV3 anyway? Irish I assume, is it like an Irish ITV or part of the RTE stable?
True :lol:

TV3 is a competitor of RTE's I think (and not as yet available on Sky TV) - maybe Shan or another of our Southern based chums can confirm that.