Why I hate England.

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Why I hate England.

Post by BaggyTrousers »

OK, not England, not the English people, not their greenish & moderately pleasant land - "Gobshite Begrudging English" are the sort I despise.

Since falling just short of winning the 6Ns after a superb effort & good game with France we have had the usual crap, "it's not fair", whatever "it" is, "the format isn't fair" etc etc. Of course had England scored and converted late on ,the format would have been fine, no bother & thank you very much, allow us to polish the trophy for the next 12 months, jolly good stuff.

And all the while ignoring the general consensus that playing last and knowing your target is a decided advantage. I'm pretty sure that if anyone wants to check, these same whingers were saying it was an advantage to Ireland playing last, last season. I agreed with them then just as I find them pitiful now.

Now I read with dismay that certain cretins have criticised Scotland for not trying hard enough against Ireland, another spurious pile of bilge with as much validity as Vile Nugent being utterly perplexed that Huget took a tap & go from the late penalty rather than having the wit to understand that the entire Irish nation would be obliged if he had the wit to kick the ball out. :roll:
Full-back Mike Brown led the way, saying: "Massive credit to the French for the way they fronted up for this game and for the way they played - compared to a few other countries."
I liked Scotland's majestic no 10, John Rutherford's considered response, "That's crap." A master with words John. :lol:

So as we should have known, England (well England and their retinue of 2nd rate foreigners supporting natural born Englanders) are never beaten fair & square, it's not possible for that goes against every Englishman's natural birthright. The damned foreigners have yet again combined to deny them their rightful position at the head of affairs.

It's really rather pathetic, you'd think they'd have learned a few lessons in humility since the ould Empire fell apart, apparently not, they still have trouble with the ""twin imposters". If Saturday taught us anything about life, never mind ragby, it is that nobody but nobody but your own country gives a fiddler's fart who wins if it isn't them.

Time for a few of John Bull's men to learn to man up and know when to shut the old yapper.

And that boys & girls, is why I loathe Englishmen of a certain disposition. Gatlands.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Re: Why I hate England.

Post by Spiffsson »

It's only a few of them Baggers. Most English fans I've met over the years are pretty fair types, good sports and give credit where due.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

I'm in total agreement. Yes there are some dacent good English rugby fans, esp supporters of certain proper rugby clubs (not Sarries) but the whole carnival around the national team does my scone in. And the vast majority of the team are hateful knobs.
And there's Jeremy Gusset and his use of the term "efficient" to congratulate Ireland with prolonged discussions about "what went wrong for England" on the English Broadcasting Corporation coverage. It's all so begrudging and like they have this entitlement to win everything.
Scotland only gave away 40 points on saturday. France let in 55! It is hardly Ireland's fault that England were unable to keep France below 35 points. That's a defensive coaches nightmare right there. Ireland got some breaks but their balance between attack and defence on saturday was magnificent. England threw caution to the wind and got burned.
The bookies still have them 2nd favourites for the RWC.
In summary, I really really really dislike the English team.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

England missed 25 tackles against France.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Nothing bad to say about Leicester and Exeter. Northampton would be a good club too if they ditched Hartley and Clark.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Spiffsson wrote:It's only a few of them Baggers. Most English fans I've met over the years are pretty fair types, good sports and give credit where due.

MOre or less what I said Spiffer.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

ruckover wrote:Nothing bad to say about Leicester and Exeter. Northampton would be a good club too if they ditched Hartley and Clark.
And the boy thug, late tackles & picking on wee fellas a speciality. :roll:
Blackskulllad
Novice

Post by Blackskulllad »

I hear there are rumours of a super duper six nations. The English and French get to play anyone in their club squads (any nationality). All their games are at home and the lesser nations can only play under 21 players.

Heineken are keen they have a big marketing surplus.
lovesthehardground
Steward

Post by lovesthehardground »

Totally hate the English when it comes to rugby. I laugh at them re football, But I quite like following the cricket team?!

I would really recommend the RTE coverage for the rugby more than the BBC. Its as biased as the BBC but its pro Irish. You just have to accept that the Ireland team would be better if picked solely from the 26 counties and any Nordies are only tolerated.
LTHG
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

lovesthehardground wrote:Totally hate the English when it comes to rugby. I laugh at them re football, But I quite like following the cricket team?!

I would really recommend the RTE coverage for the rugby more than the BBC. Its as biased as the BBC but its pro Irish. You just have to accept that the Ireland team would be better if picked solely from the 26 counties and any Nordies are only tolerated.
Even better that tosspot McGurk has cashed in his chips, packed up his bundle & fecked off. 20 years too late but welcome for all that.

I will however miss Gorgeous George Hook to a degree.

I assume Daire "Go Easy" O'Ballix will be taking over from McGurk, have to say I don't mind him and I assume that ROG will move more centre stage with O'Shea & Pope or Shaggy.

I haven't voluntarily watched International Ragby on the BEEB since time immetesticle. Warts & carbunkles abound, even Woody is hard to take for me, I can occasionally put up with Jiffy but I hate pensioner punching Gusset & Sir feckin' Clive, what's the plural of precious saxon twats? Sassenachs? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

LTHG, until we acquire test status, I regard the English cricket team as Britain and Ireland.

Forget the one day stuff. I regard it with the same contempt as rugby 7s.

Johnny Englishman is usually a very decent chap but the English establishment by and large are a bunch of Warren Gatland.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

While people use Saracens as a description of things they don't like, and undoubtedly people have had poor experiences with some of the supporters (perhaps those attracted by some of those very marketing practices we dislike), it has to be remembered that there are Sarries supporters who, against all odds, have stuck with their team up to Watford and back and through all sorts of management and marketing shenanigans. For that, they get my respect, but I have also found them to be as decent rugby folk as to be found at other clubs.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I have only met one totally objectionable English rugby supporter and he was a Wasps supporter.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Before you two get all misty eyed, let me refer you to the original post.

That done, let me mention a few names:

Mike Brown
Wray
McTwattery
Peter 3 Wheeler
Allen Robson
Craig
Griffiths
Vunipola William
Dylan Hartley
Wayne Barnes
Stephen Jones (admittedly nominally Welsh but an Englishman through & through)
Sir Clive Borewood
Pensioner puncher Jerome Eeeeeeeh Gusset
Matt Dawson
Lol Dayglo, the stupidest man in rugby
Old Dan cheapshot Cole.

the list is endless

Now, you were saying?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Healey....................... :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: