World Cup News

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: World Cup News

Post by pwrmoore »

:thumleft: was pretty sure it was from Shakespeare but couldn't have identified the play
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

pwrmoore wrote: Have to be a pedant here.... I've seen this phrase used a few times recently and it has been annoying me. It should be "To the manner born" - seemingly born already accustomed to doing something in a particular way. "To the manor born" is a neat play on the original phrase dreamed up for a BBC TV series about someone who bought a Manor House. :banghead:
No real issues to be getting upset about Paul? :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Shan wrote:
pwrmoore wrote: Have to be a pedant here.... I've seen this phrase used a few times recently and it has been annoying me. It should be "To the manner born" - seemingly born already accustomed to doing something in a particular way. "To the manor born" is a neat play on the original phrase dreamed up for a BBC TV series about someone who bought a Manor House. :banghead:
I would hope not. Paul is a man who received an impeccable education at the finest of all the Royal Schools. He knows what he is talking about.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Once a Knight wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Shan wrote:
I would hope not. Paul is a man who received an impeccable education at the finest of all the Royal Schools. He knows what he is talking about.
I think you'll find that whilst you may have been told that it's simply not true. There is only one Royal School referred to as The Royal School. It's the one that is entitled to and does use the Royal Crest and it happens to be located in Armagh where it was actually established out of an existing educational institution and predates any of the other schools established under the 1608 Charter.

You have been helped. >EW
Oh aye, but there little or no education going on down there. >EW
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Arra gwan away out of that ya two langers.

>TLGH
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:Arra gwan away out of that ya two langers.

>TLGH
Well spoken sir, "Royal School" my venerable ould ballix.

Sometimes I wonder what young Wanst is doing mixing with common or uncommomn mucksavages like ourselves***. His Grace and his feckin' airs and ..............his graces.

***pretty sure he's wondering himself right now, :roll:

Royal School? :duh: :duh: :duh: , don't know how the feck ........and don't care .......... any bloody school turns out to be so named. Sticks in my throat, went to a dog ordinary grammar school myself, I dare say the Queen didn't care if we learned a jot.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Once a Knight wrote:

Dear Fellow, the last time you were up I recall showing you the eminent seat of learning that is The Royal School in Armagh and then taking you on a tour of not one but both Cathedrals. So a chara, I expect you now to apply that experience and tell Snipe I'm right!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If not I'll take you to the Planetarium next time. >EW

I'll admit it was a nice place alright.

That I hope is enough to keep me clear of the planetarium. :D

If not feck it as it's as much of a concession as I can make in good faith as a true believer in equality of opportunity.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Sometimes I wonder what young Wanst is doing mixing with common or uncommomn mucksavages like ourselves***. His Grace and his feckin' airs and ..............his graces.
It provides him with the opportunity many titled folk like to engage in a social outreach program without actually getting his manicured fingers dirty. He can then regale his noble chums with stories about his aid programs for those less fortunate. It impresses the blue bloods but also impresses the household staff. Always nice as a menial to know that one's master is a rather sporting and jolly fine fellow.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Lancaster gone.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

ruckover wrote:Lancaster gone.
Some would say he bombed
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Throwing out the baby with the bathwater again!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Colin0395
Novice

Post by Colin0395 »

There is a news article on BBC in which Mike Brown basically says that he does not trust any of the England squad...

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Colin0395 wrote:There is a news article on BBC in which Mike Brown basically says that he does not trust any of the England squad...

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Because they took financial advice from the kitman, all lost money and then someone blabbed to the press

Still, better than dwarf throwing
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Any of the crew bale out?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Any of the crew bale out?
They're bouncing their way to giving a dam now

In the end I think losing 8 Lancasters was a bit much. Losing 7 would have been okay