Ireland's 45 Man RWC Squad Named

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ireland's 45 Man RWC Squad Named

Post by BaggyTrousers »

As a further thought, perhaps that could be the bones of what he plans for the 1st game in the RWC, suppose he would like to see how that works out. Hmmmmmmm.

Now I'm undecided.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Have ye seen the Sheep Botherers XV BT? I'm more than confident my mongrel men should be up to the task except perhaps in the back row where it is a little 'lightweight'.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

No I hadn't Buck, but:

15 Hallam Amos, 14 Alex Cuthbert, 13 Tyler Morgan, 12 Scott Williams, 11 Eli Walker, 10 James Hook, 9 Mike Phillips, 1 Nicky Smith, 2 Richard Hibbard, 3 Aaron Jarvis, 4 Jake Ball 5 Dominic Day, 6 Ross Moriarty, 7 Justin Tipuric, 8 Dan Baker.

Replacements: Rob Evans, Kristian Dacey, Scott Andrews, James King, Taulupe Faletau, Lloyd Williams, Gareth Anscombe, Matthew Morgan.

Modest looking side, send out our Aggie. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

That's a worse side than I expected from Gats. Must have the contract in the bag already
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Sell-out in the Millennium - I presume the tickets were discounted?
It's the hope that kills you.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I would expect Joe knows the players who will be removed at the cut at this stage .

Like Irish coaches before him he will stick to the same 23 Players for most of the world cup because the two big matches are the last two games and he must go into those games with max points . He can't afford to underestimate the opposition and treat the them as no hopers in the earlier games.

If there are players to saved for the big games or rested I would suggest the forwards may find more variation in selection than the backs.

Thus I expect Sexton ,if fit , to start every game and to be subbed once the win is assurred . IMO joe knows exactly what Madigan and Jackson can do and the selection of which player would start if Sexton got injured depends on whether you consider Joe to would play a high risk or low risk game, given the nature of the six nations games and the fact with the exception of the Scottish match ,when Ireland had been set a target by the Welsh , his approach was very much centred on kick and chase and low risk i consider Jackson is currently 3rd choice as Madigan would be considered the better kicker of the two.

It is easier to coach defence than a attack which makes trys hard to score and thus games are decided or or influenced by penalties.

In my opinion Joe will use the warm up games to get his match day 23, match fit, rather than as a means of selecting the final squad with the back ups being used off the bench at 50 minutes.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Luckily opinions are like ar$eholes rum, everyone has one.

Schmidt is no dozer, if he does as you subscribe we will get gubbed in the QFs regardless.

I will be astounded if he doesn't maximise 4 warm up matches to try different options.

I will be astounded if he doesn't use the opening three games, yes including Italy, to get the front liners up to speed.

I will be astounded if we see anything close to our absolute strongest XV on the pitch at one time before the Italy game.

I am prepared to be astounded however as the thought of you being correct upsets me more than it really should.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:Sell-out in the Millennium - I presume the tickets were discounted?
Id be shocked given they haven't sold out a single world cup game in wales yet
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:Sell-out in the Millennium - I presume the tickets were discounted?
Id be shocked given they haven't sold out a single world cup game in wales yet
They're a wendyball country doncha know, a bit like Norn Iron.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BuckRogers wrote:Luckily opinions are like ar$eholes rum, everyone has one.

Schmidt is no dozer, if he does as you subscribe we will get gubbed in the QFs regardless.

I will be astounded if he doesn't maximise 4 warm up matches to try different options.

I will be astounded if he doesn't use the opening three games, yes including Italy, to get the front liners up to speed.

I will be astounded if we see anything close to our absolute strongest XV on the pitch at one time before the Italy game.

I am prepared to be astounded however as the thought of you being correct upsets me more than it really should.
You sound like you are thinking like Schmidt :thumleft:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

In Joe I trust, in Rum I am slightly amused.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Looks like you are probably on the money Buck, I see Easterby is saying that Fibber phoned Wazza last week to discuss selection for this match so going by the Taffy selection we can expect the unexpected. Of course now that we expect the unexpected, it's not unexpected, it's expected, unexpectedly.

In other words, anyone like me who will be on a flight out of here whilst the match is played, shouldn't feel too disappointed.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Warren Gatland also said he has words with in joe we trust regarding the roof
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Think Joe is naming team tomorrow at lunchtime. Hopefully he will take the opportunity to take a look at a few guys on the fringes. However even though this is only a warm up game I don't want Wales beating us. Baaaaaa.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

McGrath
Cronin
Moore
POC
Tuohy
PoM
Henry
Murphy