Lions Tour of NZ 2017

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Lions Tour of NZ 2017

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote: Playing with a different number on his back is no excuse for carrying like a ballerina. That said, he is likely to feature much more in the second row for us this year. After his rest of course.
Well if he played with 11 on his back he may be asked to dance like Gilroy.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:
Dave wrote: Playing with a different number on his back is no excuse for carrying like a ballerina. That said, he is likely to feature much more in the second row for us this year. After his rest of course.
Well if he played with 11 on his back he may be asked to dance like Gilroy.
Maybe the lower the number the better then!
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Rooster wrote:Warburton captain again :D
Surely you must have seen him "slowing down opposition ball" - everybody's talking about it. Fekkked if I know how he does it mind. Still - that busted conk makes him look quite tough ( remember Lino (no, not Lion) Ventura?) and that must be worth a few points.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Jamie Roberts?

Joey fecking Carberry

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:Jamie Roberts?

Joey fecking Carberry

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Lord Carberry and no PJ...
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:I would suggest that you thought it was foul play (it wasn't), and you are looking for a sequence of events which in your mind fits with the referee's decision making to agree with your opinion.

Making the world fit a pre-conceived load of cack. Sounds like religion.

:duck:
It's the hope that kills you.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Jokeshop decision re SBW. A 3 half game for NZ v 2 Mitre 10 Cup sides Counties Manukau and Taranaki has been deemed a "match" and he is free to play v Australia................ :roll: :shock:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Neill_M wrote:Jokeshop decision re SBW. A 3 half game for NZ v 2 Mitre 10 Cup sides Counties Manukau and Taranaki has been deemed a "match" and he is free to play v Australia................ :roll: :shock:
Rules need tightened.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Jokeshop decision re SBW. A 3 half game for NZ v 2 Mitre 10 Cup sides Counties Manukau and Taranaki has been deemed a "match" and he is free to play v Australia................ :roll: :shock:
Rules need tightened.
In fairness he would have actually played in that 'match' compared to the Counties Manukau game which also counted - basically the equivalent of Rory playing for Banbridge. Think he's playing for the Counties 'B' team this weekend which isn't included in the ban - so they do draw the line somewhere... I guess you could just ban players at the level the offence took place but they for something like gouging you'd want a complete ban so you'd need two levels.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

The Aussies are making the Lions look pretty good.

The ABs are heading for a ton....
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Maybe Christian watched and thought feck that.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41342719
British & Irish Lions: Sean O'Brien says team could have won 3-0 with better coaching

The British and Irish Lions could have whitewashed world champions New Zealand 3-0 had they been better coached, says flanker Sean O'Brien.

The Irishman started all three Tests of the 1-1 drawn series.

But he believes poor coaching prevented the Lions securing a historic victory.

"If we had a little more structure during the weeks, and more of an attack gameplan, driven way earlier in the tour, I think we could have won 3-0," O'Brien said.

"With the players we had, we should have won the series."

As well as criticising the preparation before the first and third Test matches by Warren Gatland and his staff, O'Brien was especially critical of attack coach Rob Howley.

The 30-year-old said the midfield pairing of Johnny Sexton and Owen Farrell were "running our attack shape" by the end of the tour.

"The coaches have a lot to answer for in terms of our attack rather than Johnny and Faz trying to drive it," said O'Brien.

"If I was being critical of any coach it would be the fact that I think Rob struggled with the group in terms of his attributes of trying to get stuff across whereas Johnny and Owen drove everything the second week, for instance, in our attack and had a better plan in place.

"So I don't know if it was people not buying into what he was about or whatever else.

"That's the hard thing about a Lions tour as well; getting everyone to listen to a coach that was probably set in his ways."

As well as assisting Gatland on the Lions tour, Howley works under the New Zealander in the Wales set-up.

Scotland head coach Gregor Townsend and Glasgow assistant Jason O'Halloran both turned down invitations to be part of Gatland's Lions staff, and O'Brien - who also toured in 2013 - says the best coaches must be recruited in four years' time.

"Coaching-wise they need to make sure they have the best coaches in the best positions - attack, defence, forwards, whatever it may be on a Lions tour," he said.

Speaking immediately after the drawn third Test in July, Gatland said: "Given the schedule, given how tough the tour was, to come to New Zealand and get a draw you've got to be proud of that."

The BBC has approached the Welsh Rugby Union for comment.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Tee hee hee has Seanie got a book coming out?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Tee hee hee has Seanie got a book coming out?
Was thinking the same thing. Christmas is not that far away..... :santa:
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Acknowledging that his Lions days are over he can let rip with little fear of comeback.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!