Steady as she goes.

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Steady as she goes.

Post by BuckRogers »

againstthehead wrote:On his recent form, I think Trimble owns the shirt but he's been out for a bit so interesting to see if he can pick up where he left off....
He has no 'recent form'. He had a good thirty minute hit out which showed he will hopefully be able to pick up where he left off in the 2014 6N.

I think he will be selected but it won't necessarily be a 'form' pick.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BuckRogers wrote:
againstthehead wrote:On his recent form, I think Trimble owns the shirt but he's been out for a bit so interesting to see if he can pick up where he left off....
He has no 'recent form'. He had a good thirty minute hit out which showed he will hopefully be able to pick up where he left off in the 2014 6N.

I think he will be selected but it won't necessarily be a 'form' pick.
Buck, I hope you don't mind me adding, to say anyone "owns" an international shirt is as crass as it is wrong.

That said I don't trust FibberJoe on selection, least of all after today's travesty of an international back line. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BaggyTrousers wrote: least of all after today's travesty of an international back line. :roll:
Aye! ........ Where was beagle when he was selecting thon lot?

He would have had the backline moving quicker. :duck:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote: least of all after today's travesty of an international back line. :roll:
Aye! ........ Where was beagle when he was selecting thon lot?

He would have had the backline moving quicker. :duck:
Funny thing is, he would have. Maybe not in the same direction or consistently but it would have moved on occasiom where as with Boss it didn't move
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Can't think of a single reason why Boss should go. Surely he and Darce have played their last games for Ireland.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:Can't think of a single reason why Boss should go. Surely he and Darce have played their last games for Ireland.
3 years too late I might add

Irishrugby got very offended yesterday when I asked if Dorse had completed a pass in his entire career

Seems yesterday he decided to stop slowly trucking it up, stand still and fling wild passes to Zebo
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Guys like Boss and D'Arcy have been hanging on hoping for one last jolly at the RWC. This process must be about identifying players who are past the point of even being backups to the backups.

I have a terrible fear for POC, that after his summer break, he may struggle to get back up to speed. There comes a time when, with the best will in the world, your body just won't get back to where it was.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:Guys like Boss and D'Arcy have been hanging on hoping for one last jolly at the RWC. This process must be about identifying players who are past the point of even being backups to the backups.

I have a terrible fear for POC, that after his summer break, he may struggle to get back up to speed. There comes a time when, with the best will in the world, your body just won't get back to where it was.

First paragraph on the money but don't worry about Paulie, if he wills it, it will happen, worry about the other 22.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Paulie tore into the Scots yesterday (except when he tried to carry. Paul you are not a first receiver who is going to carry from 10 yards back)

When Paulie came on the ground got into the game too
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Guys like Boss and D'Arcy have been hanging on hoping for one last jolly at the RWC. This process must be about identifying players who are past the point of even being backups to the backups.

First paragraph on the money but don't worry about Paulie, if he wills it, it will happen, worry about the other 22.
I have the same fear for everyone still playing at his age. A great player can age very quickly before our eyes on an international rugby pitch.
I remember when it happened to me.......it was shocking.............
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Snipe Watson wrote:

:lol: I thought you once said you were like wine. Now we hear the truth.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Shan wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

:lol: I thought you once said you were like wine. Now we hear the truth.
He is like wine, Shan - weak, watery and acidic as an out-of-date Sauv Blanc :lol:
Bo***cks to Brexit
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Shan wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

:lol: I thought you once said you were like wine.
I thought he said he liked to whine .....
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

>jawdrop Flamin Nora :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Didn't think Grumpy would be the one out of you three talking sense

:lol: :lol: :lol:
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

rumncoke wrote:Rankings can be deceiving from the point of view that all teams are assumed to be of equal merit and all wins of equal merit with out regard to the location of the games played etc.
WRONG!

Do some reading before you write, Rum. Just for a bit of variety. If not, your views on everything from rugby to individual freedoms of identity and sexuality will swiftly come to resemble those of an extra from "Off the Buses" . . . :duck:
It's the hope that kills you.