Who will be there?

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Who will be there?

Post by BR »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:Get the feeling he's going the way of 1F and Paddy Wallace? Or am I catastrophising?

I thought TOD would have appeased the Injury Gods....
A bit premature. Not a good time to suffer a set back of even a week, but let's not write him off just yet.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

He will be fine, I am going to bet on him scoring in the first match.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Antrim Hills
Novice

Post by Antrim Hills »

BR wrote:
CIMANFOREVER wrote:Get the feeling he's going the way of 1F and Paddy Wallace? Or am I catastrophising?

A bit premature. Not a good time to suffer a set back of even a week, but let's not write him off just yet.
Flew Aer Fungus to Heathrow today. Discovered why Her Indoors' attention was wandering from my fascinating monologue on past achievements - Andrew Trimble & Gareth Robinson were 2 rows ahead.
I'll let you guess which one was wearing the moonboot. :-(
"Everything has its limit – iron ore cannot be educated into gold." - Mark Twain
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Antrim Hills wrote:
BR wrote:

Flew Aer Fungus to Heathrow today. Discovered why Her Indoors' attention was wandering from my fascinating monologue on past achievements - Andrew Trimble & Gareth Robinson were 2 rows ahead.
I was starting to feel nauseous there but then realised you had actually said "Gareth Robinson", and not the loathsome MP.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Antrim Hills wrote:
BR wrote:

I was starting to feel nauseous there but then realised you had actually said "Gareth Robinson", and not the loathsome MP.
Could have been the loathsome councillor/PR man.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Antrim Hills
Novice

Post by Antrim Hills »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Antrim Hills wrote:
BR wrote:

Sorry for the alarm caused ;-)
I should've added "Ulster's Physio".
"Everything has its limit – iron ore cannot be educated into gold." - Mark Twain
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Antrim Hills wrote:I should've added "Ulster's Physio".
So there were 3?

GG was with Andrew Trimble and the loathsome MP? :scratch:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Trimbie's OK. Back for the Wales game. :thumleft:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

big mervyn wrote:Trimbie's OK. Back for the Wales game. :thumleft:
Lovely stuff. Delighted with this news.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Who will be there?

Post by rumncoke »

Given the questionable display of D'Arcy last Saturday can Joe risk a squad with one inside Centre and Madigan on the bench ? At the moment he has a number of players who have played outside centre -- Payne Henshaw Cave Earls Bowe Trimble and Fitzgerald but only Cave and Henshaw have played 12 which as Saturday proved is the key to a sound defence .

Is Madigan's defence sound enough to start at 12 rather than as provide cover from the bench ?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Last edited by rumncoke on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I think Madigan could be an excellent 12. Not as good as Olding, but then I think Olding will be special player. For me, he doesn't have the intelligence or control to play 10 at anything above pro12 level. The fella can play the game, but not in a decision making position.
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

It seems that Joe likes a 12 who can truck it up as part of a repertoire of options when going through the phases. D'Arcy has lost that ability, Henshaw has it, I thought Cave did a good job of it against Wales, made ground on a number of occasions and scored as well. Madigan can come off the bench for 12 but would Joe want him starting? I can still see Dazza making the squad.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cave was at a shoe fitting today
Brown brogues
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:Cave was at a shoe fitting today
Brown brogues
I thought that they were quite nice brogues
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

Snipe Watson wrote:I think Madigan could be an excellent 12. Not as good as Olding, but then I think Olding will be special player. For me, he doesn't have the intelligence or control to play 10 at anything above pro12 level. The fella can play the game, but not in a decision making position.
Agreed; Madigan reminds me a lot of Paddy Wallace - obvious talent but also obviously not a sustainable option at 10. I wonder what we might have seen from Paddy had people taken him seriously as an option at 12 before his late 20s? For both Ireland's sake and the player's, I hope the same fate doesn't befall Madigan. D'Arcy retiring and Sexton's return may just be exactly what he needs!