How to spread the game Worldwide?

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

How to spread the game Worldwide?

Post by BaggyTrousers »

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/sp ... d-nations?

Interesting greed by First Tier Nations.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Re: How to spread the game Worldwide?

Post by damianmcr »

Should be shared out alot more fairly. But do the IRB not pump money into the tier 2 nations separately from this?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

damianmcr wrote:Should be shared out alot more fairly. But do the IRB not pump money into the tier 2 nations separately from this?
I don't know Damo but you'd have thought the article wouldn't have forgotten to mention that. >EW

There are always things that folk criticise but in general World Rugby, in my view, is well established and good for the game. There is criticism of how the established countries retain control via the voting system, but for the complainers, I suggest they take a look at Fifa and see if they want an apparent out and out democracy, with every country with a semblance of a rugby union having an equal say or a cabal of "founding nations" keeping the game in decent stead.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Much has been made of the coaches that have been hired by World Rugby and allocated to the "lesser nations" and the difference it has made to the likes of Namibia and their defence in particular. This has been a good start and if it has been done as a genuine investment in the global game or is it just a bit of window dressing to improve the quality of World Rugby's big showcase event.
Let's see how much support Namibia, Russia, Portugal, et al get next year.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

They are careful with the limited amount of money they have to spread about, they have given additional support to the Argies for example to stabilize them as a tier 1 nation, they have also identified a few of the 3rd tier, Russia & Georgia I think amongst others for special assistance.

Rugby is not wendyball, the amounts of finance are considerably more in need of frugal use.