Okay then, "The Phoney War"

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Okay then, "The Phoney War"

Post by BaggyTrousers »

One week for striking. Good as it could have been. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
bazzaj wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Right, I have been saying for weeks, if not months, that Ireland play a stultifyingly dull game that works against decent & crap teams.

In return I have been told that FibberJose has lots up his sleeve to reveal at the right time, so FFS talk me through it, when does the phoney war end? When are we going to see Fibber release the greatness and show us some of the lexicon of greatness concealed up his sleeve.

FFS I want Ireland to win games but I'm fed up with bullshit and have been for some time.

Anyone else seen the light or are we still truth deniers? If that was it, then France will chew us up next week, furthermore there was a massive gulf between that & what the Argies have been producing.

That was the dullest game in the entire tournament that I can recall and Ireland looked clueless. Could have been worse but for Peter O'Mahony, in attack, in defence & sadly in stupidity also. :thumleft:

So all FibberJose fans talk me through it, what's the plan now?
Plan was to peak at the right time Bagster
Oh right. I suppose that is genius, not many would have thought of that when managing by a small margin not to lose to and look absolutely shyte against Italy. Brilliant, what?
I keep trying to tell you but I can't seem to get through to you.
No team sets out to be shyte but Irelands approach to the Italian game in the mental sense would have been entirely different from the French game.
You could see it in their faces before the anthems.
Its not something that you will find in coaching manuals but an intangible feeling that comes from within that reverberates through a side before kick off.
I have experienced it several times in changing room when you get a collective feeling of almost indestructibility before a game.
It is the x factor in sport.

Basically they were up for it and the Irish team know when to turn it on and a pool game against Italy or Romania was never likely to produce a similar reaction to the French game.
Their whole campaign was building to that point whilst all the other sides were a means to getting there
SImilar the Italians were building towards playing us which is why they performed so well.

Its not like I haven't been trying to explain this before the start of the tournament when people were fretting about our friendly form.
I am trying to help but you don't see too want to understand Bagster for some reason but hopefully spiffers might take on board what snipe seems to comprehend with little difficulty.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Manic fecking aggression
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

bazzaj wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
bazzaj wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Right, I have been saying for weeks, if not months, that Ireland play a stultifyingly dull game that works against decent & crap teams.

In return I have been told that FibberJose has lots up his sleeve to reveal at the right time, so FFS talk me through it, when does the phoney war end? When are we going to see Fibber release the greatness and show us some of the lexicon of greatness concealed up his sleeve.

FFS I want Ireland to win games but I'm fed up with bullshit and have been for some time.

Anyone else seen the light or are we still truth deniers? If that was it, then France will chew us up next week, furthermore there was a massive gulf between that & what the Argies have been producing.

That was the dullest game in the entire tournament that I can recall and Ireland looked clueless. Could have been worse but for Peter O'Mahony, in attack, in defence & sadly in stupidity also. :thumleft:

Oh right. I suppose that is genius, not many would have thought of that when managing by a small margin not to lose to and look absolutely shyte against Italy. Brilliant, what?
No team sets out to be shyte but Irelands approach to the Italian game in the mental sense would have been entirely different from the French game.
Its not something that you will find in coaching manuals but an intangible feeling that comes from within that reverberates through a side before kick off.
I have experienced it several times in changing room when you get a collective feeling of almost indestructibility before a game.

Basically they were up for it and the Irish team know when to turn it on and a pool game against Italy or Romania was never likely to produce a similar reaction to the French game.
Their whole campaign was building to that point whilst all the other sides were a means to getting there
SImilar the Italians were building towards playing us which is why they performed so well.

Its not like I haven't been trying to explain this before the start of the tournament when people were fretting about our friendly form.
I am trying to help but you don't see too want to understand Bagster for some reason but hopefully spiffers might take on board what snipe seems to comprehend with little difficulty.
Hey Mystic Meg, that is fu@king bullshite, the bit in red undermines you totally, Italy did not play well, Ireland were utter shyte, complete inadequate dross. You insult the intelligence in suggesting that a fired up Italy restricted Ireland to being shyte, Ireland were just shyte, they needed no help that day.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

bazzaj wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
bazzaj wrote:

Well done bazz - ye're a real clairvoyant or a seer or a soothsayer or a savant or one a thon weird things.
Now - fer the love a gawd wud ye put us all out of our suspense and tell us what's going to happen next so we can get a bt of sleep?
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Again its nothing to do with clairvoyance spiffers, its to do with knowing the game having played it and watched it for 40 years at various levels and trying to impart a small bit of that knowledge towards your good self.
I tried to tell you on several occasions not to read too much into our under par performances and you will not accept that in good grace.

If you really are interested in what I have to say you will have read how highly I rate this Argentinan side, that we will be doing very well to beat.
I don't expect us to be as poor as the earlier matches but it will be difficult to back up the emotional highs of the French performance.
Cannot believe people are thinking we should be easy favourites quite frankly.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

bazzaj wrote:Again its nothing to do with clairvoyance spiffers, its to do with knowing the game having played it and watched it for 40 years at various levels and trying to impart a small bit of that knowledge towards your good self.
I tried to tell you on several occasions not to read too much into our under par performances and you will not accept that in good grace.

If you really are interested in what I have to say you will have read how highly I rate this Argentinan side, that we will be doing very well to beat.
I don't expect us to be as poor as the earlier matches but it will be difficult to back up the emotional highs of the French performance.
Look bazz. We could have this discussion for ever and it's probably boring the arrse of everybody else. You may be right here, but I still have a different opinion from looking at the warmups and the RWC-pre France game. My opinion is this :-

Ireland were a team playing well below their ability. They were struggling to find form. They managed to dispatch some minnows while playing quite badly and looked bereft of ideas. They were not deliberately playing below their best or holding something back and their basic errors of simple handling, passing etc were evident. They were a team playing poor rugby and it showed. They squeaked it against Italy. They finally found some good form and total comittment against France, rose manfully to the occasion and finally played to their capability - about blooody time they got their arrses in gear. It all clicked on the day - and full marks to Joe and the whole squad for the performance. For me it is as simple as that and there was not some grand and subtle plan afoot - they just finally got it right. I hope they can continue the form.
And thank you for your condescending efforts to impart a small bit of your superior knowledge to me and other apparent thickos who happen to have a different opinion from yours, but it's not necessary. And it's nothing to do with good grace or bad. As for your 40 years' experience of playing and watching, it means nothing to me, since I have had even longer experience of playing and watching, but would not dream of suggesting that made my opinion any more valuable than that of others.
Let's just agree to disagree on this and have done with it.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Sorry baggy it was a cheap shot from SOB and I have feeling had Owens seen it a red card would have been shown...
Cockers, it may be years rather than months since I've called you a chube. CHUBE, oh all right I'll take that back .......... for now.

In the meantime give me your definition of a "cheapshot" for that certainly didn't meet my definition .............. "irritated retaliation to a fecking cheat" would be my definition.

If Pape didn't want a slap he had no need to put hands on Seannie................... unless you agree with my theory that he got just slightly more than he bargained for when playing for a reaction, penalty & card.

Makes sense that way, doesn't it? >EW
baggy…. as cheap a shot as you will see and no slap either… delivered with pace and power.

https://youtu.be/ffU-ANaVads
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

bazzaj wrote:Again its nothing to do with clairvoyance spiffers, its to do with knowing the game having played it and watched it for 40 years at various levels and trying to impart a small bit of that knowledge towards your good self.

Lol, what you say makes perfect sense to me Bazzers but we're clearly on another level ;)... It may come down to the subconscious, I really don't know the psychology but you see it time and time again in rugby. I would be stunned if Ireland match the intensity of the Argentines. I reckon they'll be going at 100 miles per hour for the 1st 40 as if their lives depended on it. Ireland need to somehow believe this is their final and get that fear and hunger in their bellies. If Ireland were playing the AB's they would do that, but because it is argentina, I 'expect' a slight edge to be missing. Of course with, POC, POM, SOB and Payne an edge is already missing so it's comparing apples and oranges to an extent...
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Spiffsson wrote:

Look bazz. We could have this discussion for ever and it's probably boring the arrse of everybody else. You may be right here, but I still have a different opinion from looking at the warmups and the RWC-pre France game. My opinion is this :-

Ireland were a team playing well below their ability. They were struggling to find form. They managed to dispatch some minnows while playing quite badly and looked bereft of ideas. They were not deliberately playing below their best or holding something back and their basic errors of simple handling, passing etc were evident. They were a team playing poor rugby and it showed. They squeaked it against Italy. They finally found some good form and total comittment against France, rose manfully to the occasion and finally played to their capability - about blooody time they got their arrses in gear. It all clicked on the day - and full marks to Joe and the whole squad for the performance. For me it is as simple as that and there was not some grand and subtle plan afoot - they just finally got it right. I hope they can continue the form.
And thank you for your condescending efforts to impart a small bit of your superior knowledge to me and other apparent thickos who happen to have a different opinion from yours, but it's not necessary. And it's nothing to do with good grace or bad. As for your 40 years' experience of playing and watching, it means nothing to me, since I have had even longer experience of playing and watching, but would not dream of suggesting that made my opinion any more valuable than that of others.
I don't know how you can say this spiffers mate and your age may be a clue as to why you can't come to terms with the understanding the physical but more importantly mentality of the modern professional game
Few sides can go flat out in every game to win a world cup as you just can't afford to invest mentally and physicality for 7 games in a row.
New Zealand have learned this through bitter experiences.
They have looked average against Tonga, as have Oz against Fiji and South Africa v Japan.
Yet only a fool would read much into that as similarly people were thinking England were world beaters when they beat us in a friendly.
Ireland will struggle to put 3 or 4 high level performances together due to the lack of depth in their sqaud.

An easier solution for you to understand Spiffmeister is that Joe saw enough in his 6 nations wins and autumn internationals to know his players capabilites.
Thats why he keeps picking the same ones for the big occasions as he knows they do it when it matters.
The problem is now though a significant core of his tried and trusted will not be here for the next match.
Here is hoping he is the no stone unturned prepared for every eventuality coach I think he is.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

bazzaj wrote:
Spiffsson wrote:

I don't know how you can say this spiffers mate and your age may be a clue as to why you can't come to terms with the understanding the physical but more importantly mentality of the modern professional game
Few sides can go flat out in every game to win a world cup as you just can't afford to invest mentally and physicality for 7 games in a row.
New Zealand have learned this through bitter experiences.
They have looked average against Tonga, as have Oz against Fiji and South Africa v Japan.
Yet only a fool would read much into that as similarly people were thinking England were world beaters when they beat us in a friendly.
Ireland will struggle to put 3 or 4 high level performances together due to the lack of depth in their sqaud.

An easier solution for you to understand Spiffmeister is that Joe saw enough in his 6 nations wins and autumn internationals to know his players capabilites.
Thats why he keeps picking the same ones for the big occasions as he knows they do it when it matters.
The problem is now though a significant core of his tried and trusted will not be here for the next match.
Here is hoping he is the no stone unturned prepared for every eventuality coach I think he is.
ZZzzzzz..... :sleeping: ZZzzzzz..... :sleeping: ZZzzzzzz....... :sleeping:
Woops! Sorry young bazz. Must have dropped off there for a moment. Seem to find it happening all the time now. I guess old father time is just catching up, eh. Rather embarassing. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Anyhow son, I can't sit around her chit chatting just now - I have to nip out for my pension before the Post Office closes. Mind, the last time I was down there I noticed some fekkker had taken up the rails for the electric tram and I had till walk!
Now where the fekkk did I park my brain last night? I could have sworn I slipped it into thon bowl of water on the bedside table beside my teeth and my glass eye before I dropped off.
Maybe Mrs. Spiff will be able to tell me if the poor old dearie ever comes out of her coma.
Toodle pip for now and fer God's sake mind the traffic - them motor cars are all over the place now so they are.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Spiffsson wrote:
ZZzzzzz..... :sleeping: ZZzzzzz..... :sleeping: ZZzzzzzz....... :sleeping:
Woops! Sorry young bazz. Must have dropped off there for a moment. Seem to find it happening all the time now. I guess old father time is just catching up, eh. Rather embarassing. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Anyhow son, I can't sit around her chit chatting just now - I have to nip out for my pension before the Post Office closes. Mind, the last time I was down there I noticed some fekkker had taken up the rails for the electric tram and I had till walk!
Now where the fekkk did I park my brain last night? I could have sworn I slipped it into thon bowl of water on the bedside table beside my teeth and my glass eye before I dropped off.
Maybe Mrs. Spiff will be able to tell me if the poor old dearie ever comes out of her coma.
Toodle pip for now and fer God's sake mind the traffic - them motor cars are all over the place now so they are.

After wading through a ton of utter scutter on this thread it was made worthwhile by this. Good word Spiffy and mind that some f-cker doesn't take yer walking stick while yer collecting yer dollars. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Sorry BUCKRODGERS just read your fantastic post about me sticking to comments on Methody or something from last week. I am a busy man with work so apologies for not getting back sooner. :D I was making the point that JS was getting a hard time from Baggy so I was interested ( albeit mildly) at his views when Ireland put in a great second half. Turns out Baggy covered it very well and I thought his post was spot on. Don't really know you but I take it you are not a methody man? :D
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

I think it was spiffers who called for SOB to be dropped after a few average games and guess what? He destroys France. The top players peak when the need to. The top coaches can get the players to peak more often.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Beattiespastie wrote:Don't really know you but I take it you are not a methody man? :D
Compared to you, nobody's a Methody man.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.