Okay then, "The Phoney War"

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Okay then, "The Phoney War"

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:So, the Phoney War Fantasists have gone very very very quiet, almost total silence.

Phoney War my rosy-red arsecheeks. Clowns. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ballix ............... as you well know, the phoney war was the pre tournament games. Why would we talk about the phoney war a month after it ended?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:OK DECISION DAY

Is the phoney war over now or is some chube of a gombeen man going to tell me that Ireland lost today because they prefer to play NZ in the quarterfinal rather than the final when we would obviously choke?

Is today the day that FibberJose emp'ies his bulging sleeve or are all you "phoneyists" just a bunch of halfwitted conspiracy theorists?

How many blinding moves will be revealed today? I suspect one, booting the crap out of it and chasing it. But it doesn't matter what I think, I'm not a phoney war proponent.

Answers please, you phoneyists & Fibberistas know who you are. >EW
baggy... you do Joe a disservice he has skilfully misled the French by ensuring that the other 14 players made Henderson look above average by playing within themselves only to unleash the hidden weapon that is Toner.

He has confused them as well by telling the world that Payne is the best defensive centre in world rugby forcing them into tactical changes that they won't be comfortable with for this game then strategically managing his broken foot allowing him to train on it until the last minute further confusing the French.

Dispensing with him Joe realises that Ulster already have better 13 options in Cave so we can do without Payne until the 6 Nations when he will need him again.

I expect Ireland to bin the kicking game and run at the French with more moves that Beyonce on a world tour.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:So, the Phoney War Fantasists have gone very very very quiet, almost total silence.

Phoney War my rosy-red arsecheeks. Clowns. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ballix ............... as you well know, the phoney war was the pre tournament games. Why would we talk about the phoney war a month after it ended?
Snipe, you can't simply turn on reality when you like and off when you don't like it. Reality exists and you cannot have missed your fellow Phoneyists trying to suggest that it was still alive and well up to and including last Sunday. Don't expect me to do your research, the evidence is there both in this thread & the general World Cup thread, why on earth would I have opened this thread otherwise.

You sound like a DUP man, making shyte up to suit your porpoises :D Change your tuna my friend and stop codding around. You are whaling and chuntering like a beached jellyfish. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote: Reality exists and you cannot have missed your fellow Phoneyists trying to suggest that it was still alive
I speak for me sell.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Well Baggy??
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Is the phoney war over now or is some chube of a gombeen man going to tell me that Ireland lost today because they prefer to play NZ in the quarterfinal rather than the final when we would obviously choke?

Is today the day that FibberJose emp'ies his bulging sleeve or are all you "phoneyists" just a bunch of halfwitted conspiracy theorists?

How many blinding moves will be revealed today? I suspect one, booting the crap out of it and chasing it. But it doesn't matter what I think, I'm not a phoney war proponent.

Ooh , that was a lovely move that set up Earls. Just a shame that Ireland's 1st choice 13 was not fit and available to hold onto the darn thing.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Beattiespastie wrote:Well Baggy??
Well what?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Interesting that while POC, POM and SOB are probably out, noone on the wider interweb seems to be tearing out hair over the loss of Keet. Chube

All our wee Ulsterman played well. Back row was huge. Henshaws best game so far.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

I think we can declare the phoney war over.
Hope people now realise world cups are about peaking at the right times and that isn't a friendly or an easy group game.
Its an understanding that the modern game is about intensity and tempo and over investing in this will lead to burn out.

There is a reason Joe sticks to his favourites because he knows they can deliver when it matters and won't be put off by under performance in a few mickey mouse games.
The All Blacks are doing a similar thing now as they have learned from previous world cups that its about peaking at the right time.
Yet you will still get idiots saying they don't look at their best right now.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Sorry Baggy .., you had sooooooo much to say prior to kick off I was mildly interested in what you had to say after the final whistle.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

againstthehead wrote:

Ooh , that was a lovely move that set up Earls. Just a shame that Ireland's 1st choice 13 was not fit and available to hold onto the darn thing.

I sincerely hope you are not suggesting that was not something we haven't seen regularly for Ireland. As it turns out he would still have been given his best to get their, the winger was closing extra quick, Jihad would not have had the gas to get there.

Shocking hands from Keet - but on the credit side, the performance of the pack ensured that my fear of Keet's death didn't come about, Bastareaud may as well not have been on the pitch. I don't think he had the ball in hand once never mind get a run at Keet. >appl >appl >appl

Now, I'm not going to open an "in fairness" thread, but I have to say Hats off to many of FibberJose's Mexicans.

Seannie was superb, almost as good as O'Mahony, much more like himself for he has been way off recently. Heaslip was the hard working superb 8 he usually is except when facing Parisse, the Kearney brothers were like Kearneys possessed, I despise people who call Dave Kearney "Daverage", I never have and he was a Trojan thenight. Bob, well you looked at him during the anthems and knew he was inspired, loved that he picked out and snattered Freddie to win the game.

Fat Ross saw off two props and Healy worked very hard though still a distance from his best, Toner was absolutely superb and took the loss of aulie as a personal challenge. The loss of superman, the entrance of the new superman who did to a backrow what Stevie did to scrum half. With both Supermen, Toner battled away like the very good player he has blossomed into. >clapping . Very very sad to see Sexton in trouble and like Quiff he appeared to have a good gurn, FFS lads tighten up, we're not feckin; English. Only Fitzgerald was fecking clueless, fortunately his involvement was slight for he is one massive waste of skin & sinew never mind organs.

As for the Turnips, Murray, thank God, was back and brilliant, at the top of his game he makes clowns out of the many Munster-hating clowns of this forum who dismissed him as a chube not too long ago. O'Mahony yet again was supreme when the going was at it's toughest. Keet? I'm saying nothing, but he was not exposed, shame about the hands.

The Westies, well biys, the wesht is awake, Henshaw was a giant, I think he knew he would need to be massive for his lightweight partner and he was in spades, as good as I have seen him. Nathan White,what can you say about him, from nowhere to significant RWC player, the couple of scrums he had, he annihilated a prop as good as Mas. :thumleft: Brillaint to see the Westies contributing again since the occasional involvements of Dr.John O'Driscoll, Barry's Da & Ciaran Fitzgerald, the last decent Fitzgerald to play for Ireland, with no sign of that changing.

Then of course the Ulstermen, Rory Best is the greatest living Ulsterman after Trimble the GLU, you just have to love Rory Best for he never gives any team anything even slightly lower than his very best, in effect "The Rich Man's NIgel Brady". Tommy Bowe once more repaid my faith in him (& nore importantly Fibber's), those of you who bad mouthed him recently should be beheaded, the man is pure unadulterated class, only a fool would have dropped him.

Hendo was what Hendo is, a force of nature who, if fit, will not be omitted from any Irish match of importance for the next 10-12 years. You may now consider him a full time 2nd row. he won't play 6 if the IRFU are still paying his wages. He will be the new O'Connell, whether or not he achieves the same leadership role time will tell but he is exceptional as we have suspected for some time now and if example makes a leader, he is almost there. Chad, well I'll just say this, in the words of some young gamers I know, "He was a fu@king Boss". Brilliant, when he was needed he was superb.

A great performance, a great team performance, that has to lead to kudos to FibberJose and his men. Hats off. >jawdrop

Will they win next week? Well, they might, if they can replicate that spirit and sheer will, they will, so they will.

Sorry for being so long-winded and generally effusive, but that really was rather good. A very "proud and committed" Irish performance, despite my doubts before today.

One meanspirted caveat, I really didn't think France would be so toothless after a lengthy spell together, but all credit to Ireland who in all fairness demolished them with the power the Irish pack brought into play, I think that is what broke the French. They expected to win physically and they weren't within a beagle's gowl of it, not remotely close.

N.B. I love seeing that look in Bob Kearney's eye at the anthems, it is usually a harbinger of something good.
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

I watched the match on TV3 and in Joe's post match interview he stated that he was planning on bringing Hendy on as a replacement 6. With the chance of SO'B and PO'M out for next week we may be looking at a Henderson, Henry, Heaslip back row.
I also suspect that big Dan is sitting beside the phone waiting for a call.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Right, I have been saying for weeks, if not months, that Ireland play a stultifyingly dull game that works against decent & crap teams.

In return I have been told that FibberJose has lots up his sleeve to reveal at the right time, so FFS talk me through it, when does the phoney war end? When are we going to see Fibber release the greatness and show us some of the lexicon of greatness concealed up his sleeve.

FFS I want Ireland to win games but I'm fed up with bullshit and have been for some time.

Anyone else seen the light or are we still truth deniers? If that was it, then FRance will chew us up next week, furthermore there was a massive gulf between that & what the Argies have been producing.

That was the dullest game in the entire tournament that I can recall and Ireland looked clueless. Could have been worse but for Peter O'Mahony, in attack, in defence & sadly in stupidity also. :thumleft:

So all FibberJose fans talk me through it, what's the plan now?
Plan was to peak at the right time Bagster
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Spiffsson wrote:Whit are ye on about man?
Sure Fibber clearly has umpteen match-winning moves up his sleeve, in his back pocket and down the front of his trousers.
He's obviously saving them up for the RWC cup final so he is - only an eejit wouldn't see this.
He does not want to show his hand or any other bits too soon.
Anyone could see today's performance was just a ruse to fool the Frogs.
We must not peak too soon.
See just what spiffers said.
And to think I thought he was just talking ballacks.
Sorry lads couldn't resist this.
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Beattiespastie wrote:Sorry Baggy .., you had sooooooo much to say prior to kick off I was mildly interested in what you had to say after the final whistle.
Stick to defending MCB calling their ones an second XV carry on.

BT and I, amongst others, have had disagreements about Ireland, Joe etc but we're through but crucially without POC and POM and most likely without Sexton and O'Brien.

It's safe to say Ireland delivered more than even the most positive supporters imagined they could. We comprehensively dismantled a solid France side.

We are where we wanted to, and needed, to be- pissy sniping about who was right or wrong is largely pointless.