Team of the Tournament

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

bazzaj

Team of the Tournament

Post by bazzaj »

Normally like doing these but will try something different and pick a uafc side based on general consensus.
We are not picking a world xv but a side of individuals who have stood out in this particular tournament and russ don't pick Luke Fitz for every position as its not big or clever.

Do back 3 first and I will kick off with Goromaru (had to look his name up) of Japan at 15 just ahead of Ben Smith.
He was terrific in attack as he went for everything and nailed just about every kick.
Besides which I can't name a team of the wc without a Japanese player in it.

Wings now and for me Savea gets one wing who unlike others has lived up to his billing.
The other is Van der Merwe from Canada.
To score in every game for a lesser nation is sensational but not just that the manner in which he took them was high class.
For that reason would insist he has to be in it.

If I don't get much reaction I will just assume everyone thinks I am right as usual but the reality is I am only doing this as I don't have much of a clue who to pick in the front row.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Team of the Tournament

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Ok Jizzer, I regard these nonsenses as a waste of time but on a quiet Monday morning with time to waste, I'll play along.

Back three are really obvious when you think of it, Mike Brown, Johnnie May or may not, and Milna Sudda - spelling deliberate Agen, you needledickedjerkoff.

There you go Jizzer, your Glasgow traitor was gifted a try by Jihadi O'Payne, therefore he's crap >gimmefive

You didn't think I'd take it seriously did you?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

bazzaj wrote:Normally like doing these but will try something different and pick a uafc side based on general consensus.
We are not picking a world xv but a side of individuals who have stood out in this particular tournament and russ don't pick Luke Fitz for every position as its not big or clever.

Do back 3 first and I will kick off with Goromaru (had to look his name up) of Japan at 15 just ahead of Ben Smith.
He was terrific in attack as he went for everything and nailed just about every kick.

Wings now and for me Savea gets one wing who unlike others has lived up to his billing.
To score in every game for a lesser nation is sensational but not just that the manner in which he took them was high class.

If I don't get much reaction I will just assume everyone thinks I am right as usual but the reality is I am only doing this as I don't have much of a clue who to pick in the front row.
I had no intention
I despise the man but I like making these type of teams
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Smith
vd merwe
Nonu
Giteau
Savea
Sanchez
Laidlaw

Ayerza
Creevy
An other
De jager
Hendo
Pocock
Read
Gorgodze
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Best two centres but both insides.
Same as you have picked two number 8s Russ.

Fancy another crack?
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

bazzaj wrote:Normally like doing these but will try something different and pick a uafc side based on general consensus.

Bazz - this has never constained you before on these boards, so why now? Now just get on with it and when ye've done, give yerself the usual pat on the back. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

bazzaj wrote:Best two centres but both insides.

Fancy another crack?
Nonu can play 13 better than most
Pocock at 7
Read at 8
Gorgodze at 6
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:

Fancy another crack?
Pocock at 7
Read at 8
Gorgodze at 6
Peter O'Mahony clearly the best 6 in the competition .......discus....... Javelin......shot.

Mind yer sandwiches and don't forget yer shovel.

Pride of England Brown, has taken over as the premier th'oat grabber.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:

Fancy another crack?
Pocock at 7
Read at 8
Gorgodze at 6
Peter O'Mahony clearly the best 6 in the competition .......discus....... Javelin......shot.

Statistically the best 6 is Burger
Best 7 is Luow
Best 8 is Read
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

ESPNs best team based on statistics

Slimani
Bismark
Montoya
Loot
Brodie Retalick
Luow
Burger
Read
Greg
Sanchez
Savea
Fofana
Keet ....
Goramaru
Nehehehehehehehe Milner Skudder
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Any team of the tournament that doesn't have a member of the Australian back row in it is incorrect. Pocock by himself would still be the best back row in the tournament.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Russ wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:

Fancy another crack?
Pocock at 7
Read at 8
Gorgodze at 6

Best 7 is Luow
Best 8 is Read
In Burgers case stats are total horlix. In the quarter final against Scotland he carried the ball 26 times - Yes - Fantastic Stat. But look - he offloaded only twice, spending the whole game standing at first receiver, taking two steps, going to ground, totally wasting hard earned ball and depriving runners like De Allende, Kreil and Hababa of attacking opportunities. A bleddi liability. At the time I posted a little comment to this effect on Rugby Rebels and several posters agreed. I was interested to see a couple of days later that Bobby Skinstad came out with exactly the same opinion on Planet Rugby. You have to wonder about Heinike Myers smarts as a coach after watching a backrower perform like that then doing nothing about it.

AS for POM - he hit a purple patch in the second half against Italy and the period when he was on the field against France. His form for the rest of the tournament was nothing special at all. He is now being judged soleley on those two runouts and raved about. Yes he was brilliant, but not consistent. The best looking 6s for me have been Fardy, Matera and Kino.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Spiffsson wrote:
Russ wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:

Fancy another crack?
Pocock at 7
Read at 8
Gorgodze at 6

Best 7 is Luow
Best 8 is Read
In Burgers case stats are total horlix. In the quarter final against Scotland he carried the ball 26 times - Yes - Fantastic Stat. But look - he offloaded only twice, spending the whole game standing at first receiver, taking two steps, going to ground, totally wasting hard earned ball and depriving runners like De Allende, Kreil and Hababa of attacking opportunities. A bleddi liability. At the time I posted a little comment to this effect on Rugby Rebels and several posters agreed. I was interested to see a couple of days later that Bobby Skinstad came out with exactly the same opinion on Planet Rugby. You have to wonder about Heinike Myers smarts as a coach after watching a backrower perform like that then doing nothing about it.

AS for POM - he hit a purple patch in the second half against Italy and the period when he was on the field against France. His form for the rest of the tournament was nothing special at all. He is now being judged soleley on those two runouts and raved about. Yes he was brilliant, but not consistent. The best looking 6s for me have been Fardy, Matera and Kino.
I loathe the majority of stats, a team picked by stats an exercise in nonsense.

Peter O'Mahony was the best 6 in the RWC, live with it, I have spoken.

Ruckie, I agree on Pocock, only an utter numpty wouldn't. His mates have been decent too >EW
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Fancy another crack?
Sure he's only copying wot our Joe does Image
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Interesting so many have picked read. I thought he's been very average. Pocock by a mile.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'