The St Ruan of Pienaar 3rd place match

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Re: The St Ruan of Pienaar 3rd place match

Post by Joe Schmo »

Oh well, not bad first half, Pienaar looking fit and ready for next Sunday!! I wish!
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Have I missed something here.
He box kicked to death all of which were too far.
Nothing special at all and Fourie du Preez he ain't.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Was a pointless game, should be done away with. Along as Ruan is still in one piece, thats all that matters. He makes such a difference to Ulster.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Fair play to an Argie team consisting mostly of reserves against a full-strength Boks. They never gave up trying to play good rugby, were out on their feet and running on adrenalin at the end. They are developing into a seriously-good squad.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Thanks for that oncer I honestly thought I would be mauled for my comments against the great man which didn't happen so others must be thinking it.
Further to your comments I think that his decision to stay in Ulster was influenced by prolonging his career as opposed to being flogged to death in the top 14.
Hopefully he can fully concentrate his form with us now and get something approaching back to his best.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Joe Schmo wrote:Ruan is like a man possessed tonight, every breakdown he just appears as if by magic. beagle could learn a thing or two.
No Joe, he hasn't and apparently can't. (Usual "in fairness" comments apply)
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Once a Knight wrote:
bazzaj wrote:Have I missed something here.
I agree. His game is better suited to NH winter rugby. He's a quality player but not what he was. I sincerely hope that his international retirement is announced tomorrow as he needs to have the break he hasn't had and settle into the post international era. It will add 2 years to his career.

Wise up, both of you or are you going to make a threesome with that other idiot mate of Jizzbeg's.

The only part of this gruesome pair of posts of relevance is his grace's observation that Ruan has arrived at a stage where year round rugby has damaged him, hopefully he will pack in the international stuff but I wouldn't bet on it.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I feel that jaded is the key word. If, as we all hope, Ruan calls time on his illustrious international career he will return to being the Rolls Royce player we all know and love. Fourie du Preez took a lightweight contract in Japan and that worked wonders for his game and extended his career.
For a guy who has only played minutes of rugby since the Japan game, I think Ruan played well yesterday.
Bangors
Novice

Post by Bangors »

Jaded is not the word I would use - looked rusty due to lack od decent game time
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Bangors wrote:Jaded is not the word I would use - looked rusty due to lack od decent game time
Maybe right now. But not for the last few seasons.

I'd throw another word into the mix: overworked.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Once a Knight wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Once a Knight wrote:
bazzaj wrote:Have I missed something here.
I agree. His game is better suited to NH winter rugby. He's a quality player but not what he was. I sincerely hope that his international retirement is announced tomorrow as he needs to have the break he hasn't had and settle into the post international era. It will add 2 years to his career.

Wise up, both of you or are you going to make a threesome with that other idiot mate of Jizzbeg's.

The only part of this gruesome pair of posts of relevance is his grace's observation that Ruan has arrived at a stage where year round rugby has damaged him, hopefully he will pack in the international stuff but I wouldn't bet on it.
A few observations Baggy.

(1) He's no Fourue Du Preez and I would take Du Preez over him every time.

(2) Ruan has been well below his best for at least a season.

(3) Last night he was poor and did over kick.

(4) Whilst I still regard him as a top level Scrum Half he is seriously jaded IMO.

I don't think any of that is too far from the mark.
Well everyone gets a lucky word in now and again, your lucky word was "jaded". That and that alone is his problem.

Your halfwitted friend came out with the monstrously stupid idea that he came to the Pro12 to prolong his career :duh: :banghead: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Christ Jesus and all the friggin' Saints look down on poor stupid Jizzbeg. What sort of dickhead things you prolong your career by played rugby for 5 solid years and your only break is when you are injured. :banghead:

What sort of a balloon comes out with shîte like that and then with his equally wee stupid chum Agen, the feckin' seer, pontificates as if a fückïng expert?

As for Ruan, I hope that he packs the international game in so that fools can see regularly and at close range how good he really is. A simply marvellous player who has played to much rugby of late.

Thought you had more sense........ indeed I know for an absolute fact you do.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

ruckover wrote:
Bangors wrote:Jaded is not the word I would use - looked rusty due to lack od decent game time
Maybe right now. But not for the last few seasons.

I'd throw another word into the mix: overworked.
If we put OAK's word and your word into a sentence along with........ as a result of being.... in the middle we'll have the whole story.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Once a Knight wrote:Baggy knows well that I have man love for Ruan. He equally knows that I have questioned the constant demands of playing club rugby in the NH and international rugby in the SH. By his own standards he has not been at his best for about a season. I don't see it as heresy or stupidity to recognise that. Call it jaded or rusty or whatever you like he didn't have a great game last night IMO. You can call it a lucky word but it wasn't lucky - I chose it deliberately. :lol:
You're just calling a spade a spade.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Once a Knight wrote:Baggy knows well that I have man love for Ruan. He equally knows that I have questioned the constant demands of playing club rugby in the NH and international rugby in the SH. By his own standards he has not been at his best for about a season. I don't see it as heresy or stupidity to recognise that. Call it jaded or rusty or whatever you like he didn't have a great game last night IMO. You can call it a lucky word but it wasn't lucky - I chose it deliberately. :lol:

Pulling your leg pal, your biggest ... scrub that..... your only mistake was agreeing with a man talking ballix to a greater or lesser extent.

You also know my immense respect for Ruan, to find a man who as the week has progressed is apparently lost his fecking reason as Jizzbeg clearly has - I mean the number of times I've jumped in and given him a bye ball when some of our dearest friends have called him a dickhead - badmouthing him in stupid terms is really too much for me to tolerate.

Ruan is clearly in need of playing less rugby but I for one can't wait to see the difference it makes to Ulster's backline in particular and game in general when he returns, hopefully next week, if only from the bench.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Ruan came to Ulster on a mission from God. Nowt to do with career extensions.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.