6 Nations 2016

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: 6 Nations 2016

Post by Cockatrice »

See some reviews suggested that Trimble should be scored a 6 from 10 even hinting that it was his error touching down behind the line. Sometimes that is the only option and had Zebo who was given an 8 in some quarters actually been in position he should have collected said kick. If anything Trimble got Zebo out of jail. Trimble also put in a couple of bigs hits that led to turnovers but hey he's an Ulsterman.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I was very critical of Jamie Heaslip last season and felt that he was on borrowed time in the Ireland team, but he delivered in spades yesterday.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Snipe Watson wrote:I was very critical of Jamie Heaslip last season and felt that he was on borrowed time in the Ireland team, but he delivered in spades yesterday.
Agree. fair play to him. He had a tremendous game and looked in great physical shape - he was going full bore at 80 mins when most were flagging.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

One thing to block rte's live coverage of the game on sky but blocking against the head as well, very harsh!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Spiffsson wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:I was very critical of Jamie Heaslip last season and felt that he was on borrowed time in the Ireland team, but he delivered in spades yesterday.
Agree. fair play to him. He had a tremendous game and looked in great physical shape - he was going full bore at 80 mins when most were flagging.
Amazing what a bit of competition for the no.8 shirt can do :thumleft:
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/s ... 31421.html

Have a look if you are looking a laugh!
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Shan
I consider the fact that Welsh first attack was aimed at the Earls / Zebo corner flag was not an accident .

That Earls got penalised for his tackle on Williams was not an accident .

That Earls comes off the field concussed ? Is not accident .

Ball in hand he suffers white line fever and loses awareness of his support and unloads rather than off loads .

Given open space and nothing in front of him he is excellent .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Neill_M wrote:One thing to block rte's live coverage of the game on sky but blocking against the head as well, very harsh!

Agreed, it's sad that Ireland's national broadcaster saw fit to exclude us from seeing their coverage.

On another note, I'm just reading on RTE Sport (ironically) that Fergus McFadden has been called into the squad as a back up to Earls.

Seems if you only play one position in Ireland you just can't get into the squad :banghead:
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Be happy, we may have Paddy, Stu, and Craig again for Glasgow.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Wee Woman wrote:
Neill_M wrote:One thing to block rte's live coverage of the game on sky but blocking against the head as well, very harsh!

Agreed, it's sad that Ireland's national broadcaster saw fit to exclude us from seeing their coverage.

On another note, I'm just reading on RTE Sport (ironically) that Fergus McFadden has been called into the squad as a back up to Earls.

Seems if you only play one position in Ireland you just can't get into the squad :banghead:
The blocking of RTE on Sky did not go down well with my local shinner councillor, he was straight on the case on Monday morning :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Wee Woman wrote:

I'm sure RTE would have been quite happy to broadcast to the north. UTV would have been daft to allow it though. In turn, I'm sure RTE would have loved to be able to block ITV's signal in RoI (I wonder how many chose ITV over RTE)
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Trying to break into Joe's Ireland squad...
uploadfromtaptalk1455062814292.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1455062814292.jpg (108.06 KiB) Viewed 1369 times
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Deraless wrote:Trying to break into Joe's Ireland squad...
59502758-1.jpg
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:

I'm sure RTE would have been quite happy to broadcast to the north. UTV would have been daft to allow it though. In turn, I'm sure RTE would have loved to be able to block ITV's signal in RoI (I wonder how many chose ITV over RTE)
BOD's mum and an elderly farmer from Cavan whose telly was bust.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:
BR wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:

BOD's mum and an elderly farmer from Cavan whose telly was bust.
Dont forget Dorces auntie Jean