6 Nations ticket advice

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

OneMore
Warrior Chief

6 Nations ticket advice

Post by OneMore »

I'm really sorry to put up this thread that is all take and no give, but...

If, hypothetically, a contributor to this forum happened to have a big birthday coming up in March, and he'd REALLY love to go see Ireland play Scotland in the 6 Nations, what would be my options for obtaining a pair of tickets?

I realise the primary distribution channels are through the clubs, and then to "Supporter's Club" members, but should one reasonably expect tickets for the Scotland game to go on general public sale? I see touting sites have tickets available from £109 per ticket, which I wouldn't really be prepared to pay.

I'm not a member of a club, I don't play, and I guess thems the breaks as far as getting tickets goes.

Anyway, thanks for listening.

Your brother,
Onemore
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: 6 Nations ticket advice

Post by Russ »

Normally only the Italy game makes it to ticket tout. Best asking someone in URSC very nicely
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

Thanks Russ.

If tickets were presently available to IRFU SC members, I'd pay the 50euro Supporters Club fee, does anyone know if this is the case or has that window closed?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Do you know of anyone at work, a relative, loosely friendly with anyone involved with a club?

As a club member you normally have to apply Sept / Oct for 6N tickets through your own club , a clubs allocation from the IRFU is based on what they have sold in previous year.

Clubs like to fulfill their allocation every year, as the quantity allocated the following year is dependent how many you take up the year before. Therefore a few will take up their full allocation even though they are not fully subscribed in the hope they will sell out closer to the time and therefore they will not lose the quantity they will be allocated in future years.

It may be worth asking someone you know involved at club level as there may be a chance that some club may be all too keen to offload.

Word of warning, tickets for internationals are highly traceable so I would emphasize these are for you and you have absolutely no intention of selling on.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Do you know of anyone at work, a relative, loosely friendly with anyone involved with a club?

As a club member you normally have to apply Sept / Oct for 6N tickets through your own club , a clubs allocation from the IRFU is based on what they have sold in previous year.

Clubs like to fulfill their allocation every year, as the quantity allocated the following year is dependent how many you take up the year before. Therefore a few will take up their full allocation even though they are not fully subscribed in the hope they will sell out closer to the time and therefore they will not lose the quantity they will be allocated in future years.

It may be worth asking someone you know involved at club level as there may be a chance that some club may be all too keen to offload.

Word of warning, tickets for internationals are highly traceable so I would emphasize these are for you and you have absolutely no intention of selling on.
Noted. Thanks for the tips. I'll cast the net.