Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Madigan

Post by BR »

Russ wrote:
OneMore wrote:
Russ wrote:Disgusting behaviour in the so called Holylands again.
Is that along the same lines as "so called Islamic State" i.e. That's what we all know them as, that's their name, it isn't commonly referred to as anything else and the "so called" bit is just some sort of propaganda?
It only became the "Holylands" when the Jtown hoods moved in

Time to evict anyone is a sports top

And some of the scenes over the past 2 days reminded me of Damascus, Baghdad and the likes
Nah, it was the Holylands (although I hear the S being dropped a lot now) long before the poly stars arrived.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

BR wrote:
Russ wrote:
OneMore wrote:
Is that along the same lines as "so called Islamic State" i.e. That's what we all know them as, that's their name, it isn't commonly referred to as anything else and the "so called" bit is just some sort of propaganda?

And some of the scenes over the past 2 days reminded me of Damascus, Baghdad and the likes
Nah, it was the Holylands (although I hear the S being dropped a lot now) long before the poly stars arrived.
Was thinking of hosing them down with very high pressure water cannons but now thinking to just burn them.
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

BR wrote:
Russ wrote:
OneMore wrote:

I'd always presumed the "Holylands" nickname came from the names of the streets in the area . . .
It's the hope that kills you.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:
BR wrote:
Russ wrote:
OneMore wrote:

I'd always presumed the "Holylands" nickname came from the names of the streets in the area . . .
And you'd be right.

Rugby is something like a religion to many of us.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:
Russ wrote:
scrum5 wrote:back to rugby matters..... why did the British Lions change to the British and Irish Lions and not the British, English, Welsh, Scottish and Irish Lions :stir:
The Irish are the only ones with a chip on their shoulder
Racist
I'm 100% certain Irish and British people are for the vast majority the same race

What???????? Like homo sapiens sapiens you mean?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

As for the Holylands, quite a few lads in Irish Rugby garb interviewed on the beeb, seemed like perfectly decent lads to me albeit there was mayhem going on around them.

You don't think it was them biys in the GAA shirts do you? :shock:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

rumncoke wrote:Shan there is a difference they are happy to be identified as British .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
I agree. Some Irish people are too, almost all of which reside in NI these days, and I have no issue with that. People can be as they want to be as far as I concerned. I don't particularly care if someone wants to be Irish, British, French, American, Earthian, Martian or anything else. Nationalism is of such low importance to me. However I do care about accuracy of statements made.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Mrs Trousers came up with the perfect solution, let the buggers march to a field like the sad sacks of the :oman: where they will only be annoying eachother. :thumleft:
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Russ wrote:
scrum5 wrote:back to rugby matters..... why did the British Lions change to the British and Irish Lions and not the British, English, Welsh, Scottish and Irish Lions :stir:
I don't have a chip on my shoulder :roll:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

pwrmoore wrote:
Russ wrote:
I don't have a chip on my shoulder :roll:
Neither do I
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

A well balanced Irishman has a chip on both .

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Plus one rum
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

rumncoke wrote:A well balanced Irishman has a chip on both .

That's why he drools out of both sides of his mouth at the same time.