Post by bazzaj »

Me hopefully
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: RSA Tour squad

Post by Russ »

bazzaj wrote:Me hopefully
Get studying that kama sutra

Coincidentally Jack will need to check your competence and picking your nose with your sisters feet. Weird fetish those leavers have
clearlyoffside
Novice

Post by clearlyoffside »

Le Roux has been cited by the commissioner for the TOH incident.
http://www.the42.ie/wille-le-roux-cited ... 8-Jun2016/
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

bazzaj wrote:In the fallout we should be disappointed not to have won the series.
Those marginal calls you never get against a Sh side particular at home so theres no sense in lamenting.

However a lot more positives to be gained than negatives.
Great to see Olding finding his feet as his Ulster buddies have done previously.
We have a good depth up front too.
All happened by luck more than Joes judgement but we've got there.
No we just need a gameplan and a strategy to help cut these lads loose.
Yes. Several players showed that were able to step up to the top level. But my worry is that Joe will revert to his old favourites when they are fit again next season and all of this will be forgotten.
At least Reddan has retired. I wish Ross and the Kearney bros would do the right thing and follow his example.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

rumncoke wrote:In fairness on the card decision we have complained about cards based on outcomes rather than the action and at any post match hearing the chances are the panel could well have come to a split decision and a one week ban not one which totally supports the ref .

The point was O'H went up very high to get the ball and the SA was ball watching when jumping .

But if it had happened in Ireland there would have been a red in my opinion .

Jackson got some decisions right and many wrong making up offences

What has been learned Ireland have the making of a front row without Healy and Ross but need a replacement for Best sooner rather than later .

The second row needs more time to reach potential

The back row could be the most difficult to pick with any number of combinations .

The backline needs time but how much game time would Jackson Marshall and Olding have had if the Leinster trio of Sexton and Kearneys not been injured and where would Fitzballoon have fitted into the backline .

While the Irish bench looked strong in the forwards the backline bench for all 3 test games looked uninspiring to say the least .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Rory is getting on. But the time to replace him is when a better hooker emerges. I have not seen one yet. I would rate Herring and McCartney (I think he will be IQ soon?) as next in line. Strauss I do not rate at all. Cronin can be spectacular in the loose but not the tight. Munster's Scannel might be good in a season or two.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The reason for sooner rather than later ( for Rory) was partly because of age but also due to the nature of his game at International level he can only play about 60 minutes and he is frequently now only getting 60 minute games at Pro 12 as well .

And the choice to continue playing is not just the coach but the player as well and I think Best might call it a day soon at International level due to farm and family he's been there got the teeshirt how many tee shirts does he want is the question?
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rumncoke wrote:The reason for sooner rather than later ( for Rory) was partly because of age but also due to the nature of his game at International level he can only play about 60 minutes and he is frequently now only getting 60 minute games at Pro 12 as well .

And the choice to continue playing is not just the coach but the player as well and I think Best might call it a day soon at International level due to farm and family he's been there got the teeshirt how many tee shirts does he want is the question?
You understand the role of the bench rum. Right?

Fecking numpty
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

It's OK Russ, neither does Joe.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Its not the role of the bench that is in question its the need of the bench . Use of the bench is great provided its like for like as a rough rule of thumb the Irish bench is a drop in standard ,rather the maintenance of standard, despite the fresh legs appeal.

Last week everybody went on about how Ireland fell away when the subs came on this week its a case of the subs didn't come on soon enough for feck sake be consistent in your complaints and reasoning.

It would have been nice to come home with a series win but given the nature of the squad I doubt if that was ever the initial intention.

England went into the 6Ns with a young squad dumping most of the dross included in the World Cup and using a squad which has at its core a Saracens approach and Key players and then built upon that Ireland lost many of the key players in the World Cup squad and have at the moment no defined core or approach and thus had to experiment.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

rumncoke wrote:The reason for sooner rather than later ( for Rory) was partly because of age but also due to the nature of his game at International level he can only play about 60 minutes and he is frequently now only getting 60 minute games at Pro 12 as well .

Rory plays flat out for 60 mins, then like every other hooker (and prop) gets subbed for the rest of the game.
This is the norm.
Every team does it. At every level.In every game.
Do you not watch anything carefully at all.
Are you really that far out of touch?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Spiffsson wrote:

Rory plays flat out for 60 mins, then like every other hooker (and prop) gets subbed for the rest of the game.
This is the norm.
Every team does it. At every level.In every game.
Do you not watch anything carefully at all.
Are you really that far out of touch?
Sadly Joe keeps Rory on 10 minutes too long
onefisbetterthan2
Novice

Post by onefisbetterthan2 »

Say what you like about the rights and wrongs of the original selections and how the test side came to be, but one thing no one can argue with is that Ireland seem to have stumbled across that great mythical SID (Depth not Daves!)

With the exception of scrum half (big problem admittedly), there are now at least 3 players for every position. I'm not saying that our third choice 15 would see of the All Blacks, but at least we could watch them take on Italy from in front of rather than behind, the sofa (and unlike EOS and Kidder, with Schmit there is actually a chance of it happening!

A combination of, say 01 of our first choice, 3 of our second and 2 of our third choice is about as good as any coach can hope to put out at any given time, with the attrition rate of modern rugby.

For what its worth (and in my view 1st, second and third choice order), this is my list of that SID

15 - Payne, TOH, Bob
14 - GLU, Bowe, Fitz
13 - Henshaw, Marshall, Ringrose
12 - Olding, McCloskey, Cave
11 - Earls, Gilroy, Healy
10 - PJ, Sexton, Wee Mads
9 - Murray, Marmion, My Granny
1 - McGrath, Healy, Kilcoyne
2 - Best, Cronin, Strauss
3 - Furlong, Ross, Belham
4 - Hendo, Dillane, Muldowney
5 - Toner, Ryan, Kearney (not Bob or Dave, the talented one)
6 - Stander, O'Mahoney, Ruddock
7 - VDF, Murphy, Henry
8 - Heaslip, O'Brien, Conan

Flame away, but that is strength in depth that we can ony have dreamed of in the days of EOS and the untouchables and even Kidder, who used to cream himself by giving Paddy Wallace 2 minutes against Pakistan Thirds when ROG got tired!

Main point is that SID doesn't come around by accident - in the forwards in particular, we would welcome any of these third choices at Spanners, which may be more of a reflection on Ulsters problems than Ireland's strengths admittedly!

Anyway, Flame Away
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Of those Trimble and Bowe are both in their latter days as is Best
and Henry hasn't looked up to speed for a while to be included .

Names missing are Zebo and ToD who is closer to being an open side than Murphy

My concern at the moment is that in 24 months the best wingers will require replacement and there doesn't seem to many to replace them

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Muldowney is an English Jock I believe.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Lol at the notion of Ringpiece

I'll say it again. Running round donkey ryan after son of a biatch has run around shitcoyne then throwing a forward pass does not an international make