Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: RSA Tour squad

Post by Shan »

Russ wrote:
Shan wrote:
Russ wrote: Why do you think the greater rugby world calls him fitzwank?
If the UAFC is the greater rugby world then the game has more serious issues that I thought.
I've heard kiwis saffas english and scots refer to him as that

Seems his uselessness transends national borders
The voices in one's head doesn't count Russ. You know that.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
onefisbetterthan2
Novice

Post by onefisbetterthan2 »

Re: Fitzgerald, I can't help thinking he was a 'could have' rather than a 'did it' type of player.

The '09 Lions version was probably the best he got to be - downhill since Burger took a shine to his eyes at the start of the second test. On the pitch, he was one you always hoped would do something special, but were never surprised when he made a bieber of himself. He was also the walking, talking embodiment of why most of us don't like Leinster (don't know why, just my opinion!)

Pity he never really got a clear couple of seasons to show whether he was or was not as good as he thought he was.

It is interesting why some players are just always getting injured. Surely it is genetic rather than luck - luck evens out and you can't say someone like Luke F pushed it any harder than, for example, GLU?

Hopefully he enjoys retirement without cluttering up our screens with more D4 BS - we have enough of that from BOD and lickspittle Horgan (although i did see him doing the U20's, so not hopeful
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Sorry to hear about Luke-Ma's enforced retirement. I hate to see any you'g player's career end like that. But for Leo Cullen to call him one of Ireland's greatest wings is just plain stupid. There is a long, long list of wings I'd place before him, simply based on their demonstrated ability to score tries.

EDIT:

Fitz 34 caps 4 tries Strike rate 1:8.5
Bowe 67 30 1:2.2
Earls 52 17 1:3.1
Trimble 66 17 1:3.3
Shaggy 65 21 1:3.1
Hickey 62 29 1:2.1

pluse many othr wings from the past like Crossan, Geoghegan, Grace, Duggan, etc.....
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Remember Cullen is D4 and Fitzgerald is D4 in quotes few bigger

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

So Bobbo Kearney is not injured and has taken full part in all of Leinsters preseason
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:So Bobbo Kearney is not injured and has taken full part in all of Leinsters preseason
So he will be able to start then at start of PRO12 and not miss the first 2 weeks :thumleft:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:So Bobbo Kearney is not injured and has taken full part in all of Leinsters preseason
No shame. Could have at least worn a moon boot in Florida or something then put it on instie. With a caption like: I'm the best fullback in the world but I'm injured...hastag prayforrab.

He was too embarrassed to go to SA. Joe out.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?