Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

June 2019

S M T W T F S
1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30

Who is online

In total there are 17 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 12 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], SemrushBot, YandexBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 667857
Total topics 19214
Total members 2947
Our newest member IanBru

Birthdays

Congratulations to: ColinS (28), 29xThePain (28), Colin0395 (28)

RSA Tour squad

Stuff from around the world.

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • 1 vote
  

Re: RSA Tour squad

Postby onefisbetterthan2 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:10 pm

Russ wrote:Lol at the notion of Ringpiece

I'll say it again. Running round donkey ryan after son of a biatch has run around shitcoyne then throwing a forward pass does not an international make


Say it all you want, the facts are he will end his career with more caps in the 13 shirt than Darren Cave. Not saying that is right, just saying it is a fact.
User avatar
onefisbetterthan2
Novice
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:46 pm

Re: RSA Tour squad

Postby Russ » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:11 pm

onefisbetterthan2 wrote:
Russ wrote:Lol at the notion of Ringpiece

I'll say it again. Running round donkey ryan after son of a biatch has run around shitcoyne then throwing a forward pass does not an international make


Say it all you want, the facts are he will end his career with more caps in the 13 shirt than Darren Cave. Not saying that is right, just saying it is a fact.

BoD hated Cave. Therefore Cave was always talked down

BoD gets paid when ringpiece gets paid
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28295
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: RSA Tour squad

Postby onefisbetterthan2 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:18 pm

rumncoke wrote:Of those Trimble and Bowe are both in their latter days as is Best
and Henry hasn't looked up to speed for a while to be included .

Names missing are Zebo and ToD who is closer to being an open side than Murphy

My concern at the moment is that in 24 months the best wingers will require replacement and there doesn't seem to many to replace them


Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk


both fair calls...forgot about Zebo (ahead of TOH at FB). ToD never seems to have Schmit trust, not sure why. He would likely be ahead of Henry (providing Schmit forgives him for choosing bonk over Bokke)

Wingers less of a concern; Healy will be a serious operator, Gilroy will improve, Earls & Zebo (FB notwithstanding) have plenty of miles on clock. also, wingers come through at,say 23 - 24 even in Ireland, unlike props, who seem to only come through much later after a long apprenticeship, so the chances are there are some in Academys who we haven't even heard of yet but will break through in the next few years
User avatar
onefisbetterthan2
Novice
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:46 pm

Re: RSA Tour squad

Postby BaggyTrousers » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:09 am

Willie Le Roux was recently taken out in mid air and landed in an almost identical manner as O'Halloran, his assailant was red carded. It's interesting that Irish teams seldom seem to get a fair shout on red cards, anyone remember the Argie tighthead at the RWC when the officials chickened out there too?

http://www.rugbydump.com/2016/04/5045/willie-le-roux-survives-horror-landing-as-jason-emery-sees-red

Anyway, tour over, 3 six point margin games, Ireland failed to win the series thanks to having a coach who couldn't pick his nose................but apparently it's all Paddy Jackson fault.
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 30213
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: RSA Tour squad

Postby BaggyTrousers » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:53 am

onefisbetterthan2 wrote:
rumncoke wrote:Of those Trimble and Bowe are both in their latter days as is Best
and Henry hasn't looked up to speed for a while to be included .

Names missing are Zebo and ToD who is closer to being an open side than Murphy

My concern at the moment is that in 24 months the best wingers will require replacement and there doesn't seem to many to replace them


Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk


both fair calls...forgot about Zebo (ahead of TOH at FB). ToD never seems to have Schmit trust, not sure why. He would likely be ahead of Henry (providing Schmit forgives him for choosing bonk over Bokke)

Wingers less of a concern; Healy will be a serious operator, Gilroy will improve, Earls & Zebo (FB notwithstanding) have plenty of miles on clock. also, wingers come through at,say 23 - 24 even in Ireland, unlike props, who seem to only come through much later after a long apprenticeship, so the chances are there are some in Academys who we haven't even heard of yet but will break through in the next few years


Just thought given the 2 bits in red you should know that Healy is 27. >EW
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 30213
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: RSA Tour squad

Postby Dublin4 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:44 am

Joe can now have some serious selection headaches in the autumn.
SOB and POM will spice up the back row.
Hopefully Cian Healy will be in full health again though Jack has been splendid.

Furlong should ease Rossie out. He came of age out there. Toner and Henderson are now fully established but have Dillane breathing down their necks. Jordi and RR are back in the frame too.

We are a bit light at scrum half. Marmion doesn't get much game time as Murray is so good.
The Jackson/Sexton tussle should be good. And lots more outside in the backs. McCloskey and Ringrose will come back into the equation as well. TOH had a good if pretty rough start.
Bowe and Zeebs to come back in...

I haven't seen Ireland with such strength for a long time. Pity Joe's unfortunate kid is an uncertainty.
User avatar
Dublin4
Warrior
 
Posts: 1071
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:42 pm

Re: RSA Tour squad

Postby onefisbetterthan2 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:17 pm

BaggyTrousers wrote:
onefisbetterthan2 wrote:
rumncoke wrote:Of those Trimble and Bowe are both in their latter days as is Best
and Henry hasn't looked up to speed for a while to be included .

Names missing are Zebo and ToD who is closer to being an open side than Murphy

My concern at the moment is that in 24 months the best wingers will require replacement and there doesn't seem to many to replace them


Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk


both fair calls...forgot about Zebo (ahead of TOH at FB). ToD never seems to have Schmit trust, not sure why. He would likely be ahead of Henry (providing Schmit forgives him for choosing bonk over Bokke)

Wingers less of a concern; Healy will be a serious operator, Gilroy will improve, Earls & Zebo (FB notwithstanding) have plenty of miles on clock. also, wingers come through at,say 23 - 24 even in Ireland, unlike props, who seem to only come through much later after a long apprenticeship, so the chances are there are some in Academys who we haven't even heard of yet but will break through in the next few years


Just thought given the 2 bits in red you should know that Healy is 27. >EW



Tis true Mr Trousers....

Given that Healy made this breakthrough for Connacht in around 2012, when he was, let me guess 23 - 24, I'd suggest that you have just proven my point about wingers coming through in their mid - twenties :thumleft:

My point is that he will be a serious operator when he gets a run of games in the Irish team, which will happen sooner rather than later
User avatar
onefisbetterthan2
Novice
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:46 pm

Re: RSA Tour squad

Postby rumncoke » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:02 pm

Healy very dangerous ball in hand and equally a liability without it unfortunately at international level the latter is more important especially if you play for Ireland .

The big plus for Trimble is when he tackles his opponent knows it neither Zebo Earls Gilroy Healy or Fitzgerald can impose their personality to the same degree in defence and when going into contact .





Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
User avatar
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 6369
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Re: RSA Tour squad

Postby clearlyoffside » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:27 pm

would Adeolokun be able to play for Ireland?
he looks like he could be another promising winger.

Bundee Aki also becomes IQ in 2017 and if he choses to play for Ireland, there'll be a lot of competition when it comes down to centre.
User avatar
clearlyoffside
Novice
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:06 pm

Re: RSA Tour squad

Postby clearlyoffside » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:36 pm

Le Roux has been given a 1 week suspension.
http://citizen.co.za/1179309/springbok- ... suspended/

didn't expect any other result really, given that O'Stander got a week
User avatar
clearlyoffside
Novice
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:06 pm

Re: RSA Tour squad

Postby BaggyTrousers » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:50 pm

clearlyoffside wrote:would Adeolokun be able to play for Ireland?
he looks like he could be another promising winger.

Bundee Aki also becomes IQ in 2017 and if he choses to play for Ireland, there'll be a lot of competition when it comes down to centre.


No reason why not, he was educated in the country and has been here for donkeys years. I assume but don't know if he is officially IQ.

On Aki, when he was signed he said one reason he was coming was because he wanted to and intended to play international rugby for Ireland. At the time I thought him a presumptuous bollix but he has been sensational.
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 30213
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: RSA Tour squad

Postby BaggyTrousers » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:53 pm

onefisbetterthan2 wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
onefisbetterthan2 wrote:
rumncoke wrote:Of those Trimble and Bowe are both in their latter days as is Best
and Henry hasn't looked up to speed for a while to be included .

Names missing are Zebo and ToD who is closer to being an open side than Murphy

My concern at the moment is that in 24 months the best wingers will require replacement and there doesn't seem to many to replace them


Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk


both fair calls...forgot about Zebo (ahead of TOH at FB). ToD never seems to have Schmit trust, not sure why. He would likely be ahead of Henry (providing Schmit forgives him for choosing bonk over Bokke)

Wingers less of a concern; Healy will be a serious operator, Gilroy will improve, Earls & Zebo (FB notwithstanding) have plenty of miles on clock. also, wingers come through at,say 23 - 24 even in Ireland, unlike props, who seem to only come through much later after a long apprenticeship, so the chances are there are some in Academys who we haven't even heard of yet but will break through in the next few years


Just thought given the 2 bits in red you should know that Healy is 27. >EW



Tis true Mr Trousers....

Given that Healy made this breakthrough for Connacht in around 2012, when he was, let me guess 23 - 24, I'd suggest that you have just proven my point about wingers coming through in their mid - twenties :thumleft:

My point is that he will be a serious operator when he gets a run of games in the Irish team, which will happen sooner rather than later



Ya think? Nah not really, if you think so, your idea of making a breakthrough doesn't mesh with mine, therefore we have to assume you are wrong for I am of course a renowned expert ............if only in my own mind. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 30213
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: RSA Tour squad

Postby rumncoke » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:46 pm

Unfortunately Healy doesn't seem to have the size factor to be a serious contender but a player who could feature if injuries force others out .

The fact is that coaches like players with experience and 60 minutes doesn't tick enough boxes . To unseat those ahead of him .


Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
User avatar
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 6369
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Re: RSA Tour squad

Postby Russ » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:03 pm

Ok
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28295
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: RSA Tour squad

Postby Spiffsson » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:04 pm

rumncoke wrote:Unfortunately Healy doesn't seem to have the size factor to be a serious contender but a player who could feature if injuries force others out .

The fact is that coaches like players with experience and 60 minutes doesn't tick enough boxes . To unseat those ahead of him .


Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk


I have not looked up sizes but surely Healy is as big as Earls or Gilroy. Anyway, his game is not based on size but pace, like his fellow Connacht wing Adeolukun, who is also Irish qualified.
User avatar
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief
 
Posts: 1763
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:31 pm
Location: Mooseistan

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to International rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->